Users

Frequent Posters

..sunshine.. thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
i love princess diaries
missmhow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i read the book kite runner and i am yet to watch the movie..
i read the bridegt jones diary and i jjjuuusssssttt  love the movieeeeeeeeee.
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I loved A Walk To Remember, both the book and the movie were so moving. Enjoy the Chronicles of Narnia movies as well (though I hated what they did with Caspian and Susan in Prince Caspian -.-), and the Harry Potter movies are always fun.

Angels and Demons, though it was different from the book, I thought it was well-made, and well-acted. Same with The Da Vinci Code.

-Aladin- thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Yeah, though the HP movies aren't that faithful to the books, they're still enjoyable. :)

I like the Harry Potter movies, but lately the newer ones, specially after the 3rd movie have not met my expectations (that of course did not stop me from watching the other ones, on the first day, first show).  πŸ˜³πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

My favourite adaption would be Lord of the Rings trilogy.  The books are a bit tedious to read, though they are very well written.  I still prefer the movies.  πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
^^ I agree. LotR was made so faithfully to the book, especially if you watch the extended versions. The books are amazing, a bit descriptive, but that makes the movies all the more magical because Peter Jackson captured the essence of the beauty of Middle Earth.
I loved Lord Of the Rings saga....a genius!
meggs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
well i dont think tht  any movie i have ever watched  has been equivalent to its book but ther are some movies which have prompted me to read the book after watching them like
bourne series, count of monte cristo, twilight saga
after reading the book the movies dont measure up but before reading they were god enough to get me interested to read the book...
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Miley_hp

Hey book readers, which is your favourite movie based on a book? Mine is the Kite Runner!

LOL when i saw the topic and decided to respons to it, the Kite RUnner is exactly what i intended on writting.

Anyway-i've seen alot of movies based on novels and rarely do they invoke the emotions the novels do, ofcourse the KITE RUNNER being the exception.
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Kite Runner was one of the ones that I LOVED
New Moon was another one that I thought was better than the book
The first 2 HP movies...I LOVE Chris Columbus but man what the heck did he do to the Percy Jackon series😳
A Walk to Remember...a brilliant book and a touching movie
I like the newest Pride and Prejudice as well(the one with Kiera Knightly)
I loved the newest series of Chronicles of Narnia (the Lion,The Witch and the Wardrobe) I havent read any books after that one so cant compare Prince Caspian to the movie
Originally posted by: Enycedoll

LOL when i saw the topic and decided to respons to it, the Kite RUnner is exactly what i intended on writting.

Anyway-i've seen alot of movies based on novels and rarely do they invoke the emotions the novels do, ofcourse the KITE RUNNER being the exception.

So which Kite Runner part did you like? I loved the scene when Amir went to rescue Sohrab. And Personally, I think the Wedding of Amir and Soraya could have been better.