Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago
Posted: 17 years ago

Divya DuttaEdited by virgoqueen - 17 years ago
S he had hardly slept after shooting for an ad film in Pune the night before. But that did not show when we met actor Divya Dutta late the fol- lowing evening at Bolpur, where she was shooting for director Anup Das' maiden Hindi feature film Dil Ke Armaan. She was her usual self — bubbly, amiable and straightforward. "I play a surrogate mother in this film. It's an interesting role. The woman is very clear about what she wants. She is very endearing and simplicity is her USP. She is sweet, simple yet strong," informs Dutta about her character, Gauri, which is central in the film. She shares the screen with actors Yashpal Sharma and Rituparna Sengupta, among others. Dutta, whose performance in Veer-Zaara drew accolades, has her kitty full these days. "I am also doing Love Game, Aaja Nach Le, Apne and a couple of big banner films that I am not supposed to talk about," she says. What about Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Dilli 6? "It's too early to talk about," she says. She also has Trisha, directed by Sushen Bhatnagar, which is the "most hard-hitting film" she has done. "It leaves you shaken. An absolutely dark film, it revolves around a couple trapped in the vicious circle of baby trading," she says. Panning back to her bumpy career in Bollywood, the inevitable question comes up: How does she see it? "I have been here for 11 years. It's all about space and time. Big names such as JP Dutta or Yash Raj Films, with whom I wanted to work early on in my career, I am doing now. It was a hard journey and I travelled alone. I did not have any filmy background," she says and adds, "Now I feel lucky to work with them." The Ludhiana lass says she is not a method actor. "I go by instinct. I won't do huge home- work to play a character," she says. While the conversation is on, a waiter enters with a glass of milk. Dutta informs us that she fasts on Mondays: "It makes me feel good." To keep fit she says she also drinks plenty of water. Thirty minutes of walking is a must and working out in her home gym. What else? "I read a lot. And I write prose. I also sketch. Mostly I draw female faces and looking at them my mom can tell whether I am happy or sad." [email protected]
my weekend Last weekend: Last Saturday I was busy with my son's mundan ceremony and had friends, cousins and family from Mumbai, various parts of India and the world. We then had a small party to celebrate the mundan on Sunday with family and friends. Next: A close friend is throwing a party next Saturday and that's where I will be. And I will wake up late on Sunday and then go to Otters Club for a swim, which will be followed by a heavy brunch. Weekend wisdom: Typically, I am a homebody and like to stay indoors spending time with my kids as well as my mother and father. If we have to go out, we usually visit kids' zones or play areas for kids followed by nice khaana-peena. Since I am a member of Otters Club I frequent the club very frequently They have a bar night every alternate Satur . day where there is a lot of food, drinks and dance. It's loads of fun. Sundays I spend with my family We also go to the Mar .

riott for the buffet lunch