Crime patrol: Dastak

The cases are disturbing: Sakshi Tanwar

muaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

The cases are disturbing: Sakshi Tanwar

Why did you opt to host Crime Patrol?

I wanted to come out of my comfort zone and do something different from what I'd done before. Crime Patrol offered me a platform to connect with my audience on a more personal level.

Did you manage to do some ground research on the show, the kind of cases?
The creative team and the channel, with the help of the police, select the cases. This season of Crime Patrol focusses on crime against unsuspecting victims (mostly children and women), as they are soft targets for most of the crimes.

Before shooting the anchor links, we try to go through the video footage of the case already being shot and make sure that we take a detailed narration of the crime. As hosts, we're expected to present the cases to the viewers in a neutral and sensitive manner.

Are you happy about the way the show has shaped up or do you feel you'll could have done a better job?
Yes, I'm happy with the way the show has turned out. I'm putting in my 100 per cent. I leave it to the audience to decide if it could have been better. But of course, there's always room for improvement.

In the past, you've been associated with shows dealing with reallife stories — Bhanwar on Sony for instance. How different is this show from them?
This show is different in two ways — the anchors are tying up the cases together, and while Bhanwar was a completely dramatised version of the real crime, Crime Patrol is presenting the cases through the eyes of the police from the scene of the crime, so that it's as close to reality as possible.

This involves meeting real victims, their families or the police officials who are handling the case.

Have you watched the episodes of Crime Patrol Season One?
No, unfortunately, I haven't. Where was the time to see anything then? I was working on Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii.

Isn't it tough to do a show, which has been successful in its first season?
It's a new experience for me. I just go by my instincts.

Does dealing with crime so closely affect you?
Yes, it moves us. At times, when we watch or read about some of the cases or meet the victims' family, it shakes us up. But what's more important is that these cases are brought to people's notice so that they are aware of what's happening around them and become alert.

Which are the most striking cases that you've seen on the show so far?
Actually, all of them are shocking and disturbing but the one that shook me was an incident that occurred in Porbander. A woman, along with her lover, killed her five-year-old daughter.

It's been two years since Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii wound up. You haven't taken up another daily soap or a reality show?
Actually, it's one-and-a-half years. I was humbled by the number of offers I got after Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii went off air. But it was a conscious effort to give my audience a break.

They had watched me for eight years without a break. Where reality shows are concerned, I'm happy to do a show like Crime Patrol, which addresses reality of a more serious nature, and spreads awareness about how to avert similar crimes.

Weren't you disappointed with the way your movie debut,, Coffee House, turned out? Do you think it could have been better?
When a product is made, everyone hopes for the best. Whether it could have been better or not is more of an afterthought.

How about getting into production on TV? You've done that in the past?
I haven't thought about getting into production. I'm interested in the creative aspect of storytelling.

Where were you in the interim period between Coffee House and Crime Patrol?
I utilised this time for my professional growth. I've been the Creative Consultant for Samman Ek Adhikaar for a year. Presently, this is one of the top shows on DD National.

Then I did a film for Zoom TV, which was produced by Rohit Roy Productions. This was adapted from Tagore's classic, Kabuliwala.

You're also doing a cameo in Do Saheliyaan. What is it about?
It's a brief but pivotal cameo, which lays the foundation for the development of the story.

Why did you agree to a cameo?
I'd heard a lot about Sanjayji (director Sanjay Upadhyay) from my colleagues who had worked with him. I wanted to work with him too. This was my opportunity. I'm glad I grabbed it. Shooting in Jaisalmer was a bonus.

On the personal front, when do you plan to settle down?
It will happen when it's destined to happen.

It was rumoured that you were seeing a businessman from Delhi?
Ha, ha ha! Really? Well, it really is a rumour!

Do you think you will be able to break the mould of Parvati Bhabhi, ever?
I've always wanted to take up work that my heart is convinced about. And I shall continue to do so.

How difficult or easy is it for actors to deal with the time period between two successful shows?
It's all about intelligent and proficient time management.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/smallscreen/The-cases-are-disturbing-Sakshi-Tanwar/Article1-515074.aspx