Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
^^^

ms rosemarry i don't know who u r ?? anyways...u r the same person i guess saw u on ibibo. bigadda, bollywoodhungama.com, and many many other sites...and wht u r trying is not worth it..so better stop spamming...😆 its no use
Suppose age is a thing but i do think its become less male dominated than before, more women do work now after marriage i feel. As for roles for older women they are only doing what the audience want, at the end of the day look at vidya for me is a amaazing actor today out of all of them, but yet 90% of the time when it comes to pr , awards, commercially she has nothing compared to glamorous actors.

If we have the priety and rani examples as actresses in the age range of srk, salman etc who are not doing many movies we have kajol/ash
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
When actresses grow older they want to do good roles that are worth their time....most likely smaller films strong roles...probably won't make  whole deal of money....but why is it necessary for actresses like Rani, Kajol, Preity to do glamorous roles and be in the rat race or even give commercial hits?

With age you wisen up and these things should cease to matter....but the media never lets them be and if they are not doing commercial roles and givng hits then their career is over or something!!

In Hollywood do you see Kate Winslet being written off because Kirsten Stewert is the hottest thing right now? Kate does her work and gets her Oscars...Kirsten is the fantasy of youngsters. If it was Bollywood media would say Kate's  "career is over" and Kirsten will get all the media highlight! LOL! That's the difference and that's the problem.

But it's great to see Kajol and Ash step it up.
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
To add to that....the audience is no less....they have similar mindset like the media. I have seen many comments on how someone looks older or their career is done and that they should go get married and make babies!
MeeraXD thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Both industries are definetly good... they do justice to watever they do!!
mtanveer thumbnail
Hmmm You said Truely tweety and  also agree with monica reply Talent remeber always and remaing forver and glamour have too short live as Age is not stop ever and getting its end .

nice and i like to say that very criticle  issue is rised by you .  i ilke it👏⭐️⭐️⭐️
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: pragya0

Its far more worse in Tamil industry. I remember a big Star in Tamil Ajith was pissed off that his leading lady in a soon to be released movie 'Laila' got married before the movie got released. he felt that will affect the saleability of the movie.

And moreover in S India actress are supposed to protect their 'pure' on-screen persona, remeber what happened to Kushbu after her comments on pre-marital sex?

I disagree that in south industry, its a lot worse. Infact most of the recent movies recently have heroes and heroines who are complete newcomers and have no "filmi looks" as you might call and they have been huge successes.

Atleast in the south, one doesnt need to have a certain body structure or "perfect body" to become a success. In bollywood, if a heroine with an exception on one or two cannot become a heroine if she is healthier in any way , thats not the case in south with both heroes and heroines as looks does not play an important role in movies at all.

The same khushboo was a big hit with her healthy figure and was appreciated for her acting and accepted well.

People think that south prefer heroines with healthier figures which is not true coz right from revathy, rekha, radha, Nadiya,ambika, kanaga, bhanupriya, sridevi, to the snehas, simran' trisha's, were on top with the likes of khushboos and jyothika who were equally excellent.

I rest my case.

mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Honestly, if the audience prefers to see certain male actors in movies, thats what the directors/film makers are going to give them

if certain people feel passionate against male dominance then they should do something about it, starting with not calling out female actors if they get wrinkles or are too fat, have horrible dressing sense etc etc

Examples are Vidya Balan, the actress gets so critsized for her style sense, that it overshadows her brilliant acting

I love any women-oriented movie, with a  good scirpt! Maybe thats what bollywood needs to start doing, writing good scirpts that are oriented around females, this way we see more actresses doing their thing

A good example, which i hope lives up to the expectations is, "no one killed jessica" i have a huge feeling that rani & vidya will do great!

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Simple Bollywood is male dominated and I think Hollywood is 1 million times better than Bollywood
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Tani91

Hollywood is 10000000 times better than Bollywood...because they have better movies and actors and much better way to handle their press (even Hwood has W*F press moments BUT they're usually 90% of the time true unlike Bollywood journalists who seem to live in la la land)

Bollywood has always been male dominated and I think Hollywood has too....it took them 82 years to award a female for best director?? and only 4 have been nominated for female best director.
But I have to admit this year for Hollywood it was all about women power..from Mo'Nique to Sandra Bullock to Meryl Streep to Katryn Bigelow...it was reining women all along...everyone forgot about the males..lol

one thing I appreciate about Hollywood is that age isnt that big a deal..I mean an actress like Meryl Streep STILL gets movies and she excells at them....whereas in Bwood....all they do is praise Rekha?? how about offering her a movie as a lead role or how about giving SRK/Aamir and the likes roles that portray their age...how come SRK/Aamir/Saif/Akki havent played fatherly roles in their new movies? and yet the ladies are always given motherly roles

I agree😳