Discussion - Overweight People W/ Dashing Partner?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

First off, I'm reallyyyyy sorry in advance if this topic hurts anyone's feelings. Just like all other topics, this topic is only for healthy discussion. If you are offended by a certain post in this thread, please send me a PM and I will take care of it.

If you choose to reply in this topic, please remember to post your opinions respectfully. Not all of us are Size 0 and frankly don't wish to be either. Any person who bashes or makes fun of overweight people will receive a raise in WL WITHOUT any notice. I repeat any insensitive post creators WILL receive a raise in WL.

Secondly, this topic is very much inspired by Sony's Mahi Way. (BTW, if you don't watch that show, start watching it NOW. Yes, I mean NOW 😉 It's a fantastic show! A great storyline and moves really fast. And then MaHiv the lead couple will make you fall in love with them :)  OK, I'm done promoting Mahi Way 😳 No, I did not receive any payment for YRF for this 😆)

So, the issue here is the way look at people and jump to conclusions. Why do many people think that you need to be thin in order to find a dashing partner? True love really is about the inner personality, so why does it matter so much how you look externally?

Questions to think about!
Do you think dashing, gorgeous people can fall in love with an overweight people (Who can be dashing and gorgeous of course and are but just their weight overweighs everything?) Why or why not?

As long as you are healthy, how does it matter if you're skinny or a bit overweight?

If true love really is about internal beauty, then why can't a skinny person fall in love with an overweight person?
Does this apply more so for girls? We see many overweight guys with skinny girls and think that's OK, but a lot of times it's thought to be impossible for an overweight girl to have a thin partner?
Any additional comments are always welcome!

Have a Healthy Discussion!  

Mahi
-IF Development Team-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Do you think dashing, gorgeous people can fall in love with an overweight people (Who can be dashing and gorgeous of course and are but just their weight overweighs everything?) Why or why not?

Yep, why not? I've seen plenty of gorgeous overweight girls. Not a whole lot of guys though 😳

As long as you are healthy, how does it matter if you're skinny or a bit overweight?

Being healthy is above all! I remember i was watching the Tyra Show and Trya got a somewhat overweight girl and a skinny girl. They had to do various exercises & the overweight one outdid the skinny one! So its not even about how you look, its about how healthy you are.

If true love really is about internal beauty, then why can't a skinny person fall in love with an overweight person?

They can...love isnt just stereotypically viewed that way. Two alike people usually fall in love, not one really short person and a really tall person. Or a really old person with a really young person. Same with an overweight person and a skinny person.

Does this apply more so for girls? We see many overweight guys with skinny girls and think that's OK, but a lot of times it's thought to be impossible for an overweight girl to have a thin partner?

Not many specific  overweight guys with skinny girls are coming to mind right now. Neither are the overweight girls & thin guys. Hmm...now that i think about it, i've seen more overweight(big) guys with skinny girls than i've seen overweight girls with skinny guys.

One reason could be that girls like guys that are bigger than them..."like a big teddy bear you could cuddle with" as my friend says  😆. I find it true for me too...i would want a guy thats bigger than me. I think in the indian culture, its "bad" for a overweight woman to be with a thin guy. I dont know why. I've seen plenty of non-indian people who are the oddest couples!

aish_punk thumbnail
i agree that Mahi Way is a great show!
Well yeah they can. See its about how that person is. Maybe an overweight person doesn't have a BF/GF , and it COULD be that his/her attitude is not right, but people assume that its because of the weight, which is wrong.
well i don't think it really matters. For me, maybe i wouldn't go out with an overweight guy, because am so diet-conscious. That person may make me indulge more. Thats just my opinion, but i don't think it really matters to genuine people who seek love.

There have been cases like that, looks don't even matter nowadays!
really?..i have seen overweight girls with skinny guys. lol. It happens in my school to say the least. So i guess its not entirely impossible..

prettywomen22 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Why not?  a fat person can fall in love with a thin person and vis-a-vis.  I think the beauty of a person lies in the beholders eyes.

Sadly true.  Men like thin, tall and fashionable girl in general to date and take to social do's.  I don't say all men but most of them do.  But when it comes to settlilng down, their choice changes to thin, tall, good looking, homely etc., etc., etc.,
mins97 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Yea because if u r in love with soemone it really doenst matter how they look.
As long as you are healthy, how does it matter if you're skinny or a bit overweight?It doesnt matter if ur skinny or a bit overweight as long as ur healthy u should be happy.

sry i just coudnt answer some questions and nice post!
ROBlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Questions to think about!

I HOnestly do think they can, but like between the ages of 12 - 17 all people care about is looks but when your like 18 or so you care about the person inside.

It doesnt!. I don't understand why people go crazy about being overweight. Being healthy is the main point.

Ture Love is all about caring for the person not what the person looks like 😳

I personally think more girls are tend to be overweight because well because they can be lazy and not wana work or just eat too much 😆, but mostly you see guys with overweight GF's. But in other words i think its totally fine for a girl to have a overweight guy, because if she cares for him i dont see the problem.

Amazing Topic 

Ayysha

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Everything is possible. But where society has brainwashed every that slim is only beautiful when a dashing guy chooses to be with overweight girl it does make everyone curious.

Health wise as long you are healthy size shouldn't matter. But lets talk fashion wise. There are some high end fashionable store that only sell clothes in certain sizes. Take Mahi for instance she is beautiful (gorgeous) but every time she needs a nice dress she has the hardest time. It's her good luck she has a fashion designer best friend. Not everyone has a designer handy.
Looking good is extremely important

True love may be all about internal beauty but as human we all notice people's outside appearance too. Attraction is very important when it comes to a romantic relationship. Most people are not attracted to overweight people.😭

It's a shame. Another way society is unfair to girls. It's not okay for a girl to be overweight, dark, disabled etc. But it is okay for guy to be all of those things.

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
In an ideal world, looks and external personality don't matter. True love is falling in love with someone not in spite of his/her shortcomings but with them.

Looks change, weight changes, what don't change are your heart and soul.  And in the end that's what matters anyway.  Can you spend your life with a person who's selfish yet so beautiful? At some point that beauty won't even touch your heart anymore.

Yet if a person is a bit overweight or not so pretty but so very extremely caring and understanding, then such trivial thing doesn't even matter anymore.

True love is about falling in love with a person's heart and soul (in that case external beauty or lack thereof doesn't matter).  Infatuation is about falling in love with a person's looks and external beauty, which doesn't long anyway.

-Mahi
dreamer_dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

well generally a gud looking person seeks more gud looks. it is (i feel) a little rare to find gud looking people fall for overweight people. generally overweight people fall for these mean (not all are) and gud looking people.
i sometimes wonder - why is meanness attached to beauty??anyways

see health is a totally different thing. and overweight person will sooner or later catch diseases but a skinny person will take time (specially if they follow a strict diet and exercise)

A person is generally judged by the way they talk, walk etc and looks is one of them. if they have soft look or a daring one etc. see you cant get to know a person's heart in 1st meeting so looks come in the way.

ya you are right...i am not really sure about the reason the only answer that comes to my mind right now is (it might not even make sense in todays world) that is "the mens world"
in my skul many girls dump guys because they are not gud looking enough and guys generally are not able to do such a thing but in general world its quite common.Edited by dreamer_dreams - 14 years ago
preethi01 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
sorry wrong postEdited by preethi01 - 14 years ago