Discussion - Advice From a Younger Person?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

It's funny how much importance is given to our ages when clearly most of the times our age is not a correct description of our personality.

Questions to think about!
Do you think age matters in taking advice? Would you accept advice from a person younger than you?

Is that why online discussions are so valuable? We don't know each other's age (at least not right in the beginning) and we just take their advice and if it seems reasonable we follow it.

Would you even discuss your problems with younger people in life?
Any additional comments are always welcome!

Enjoy discussing!  

Mahi
-IF Development Team-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

It's funny how much importance is given to our ages when clearly most of the times our age is not a correct description of our personality.

Do you think age matters in taking advice? Would you accept advice from a person younger than you?
ya i dont mind if the person is younger to me..as long as they are aware of the situation and can give a reasonable advice
Is that why online discussions are so valuable? We don't know each other's age (at least not right in the beginning) and we just take their advice and if it seems reasonable we follow it.
maybe.. coz when online, people are looking for different point of views / possible solutions..which they could have missed out...then their concern would not be on the person's age..but what advice he/she gives.
  Would you even discuss your problems with younger people in life? ya if that person is close to me..and would understand the situaion well..
Any additional comments are always welcome!

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

It's not the age that matters but the experience. If someone has already experienced a situation he can always give some valuable inputs.

Maybe for those who look at age before deciding whether the person can give proper advice or not. Otherwise, I feel both real life and virtual life are same. There'll be people who will provide garbage and there'll be people who'll actually give good advice.
A little younger maybe yes. A lot younger then no. It's not because of the age, but mainly because in real life there is no one who is much younger and yet close to me to discuss problems.

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I think age does matter as usually age is a sign of knowledge, it wouldn't seem right if a 10 year old was advising a 50 year old, but the whole thing is weird as the 10 year old may be far superior in the knowledge field than the 50 year old, e.g. the 50 year old could have been wasting their life and the 10 year old has been doing some serious studying. I would think about advice from a younger person, but it would have more value coming from an older person. I guess it all matters about how we think I think......

To be completely honest, I don't really have online discussions. But I feel online advice is slightly better as it is given more confidentially, plus you don't actually know the truth about the other person, you just tend to rely on what they say......

If you mean not online, then probably not, I would rather get someone older and talk about stuff with them, or someone atleast around my age.....

I guess I'm a hypocrite, I like advising older people, yet I have no place to give elders the right as I'm not really as experienced as them, but I guess I wouldn't really take advice from youngers....

This whole topic has made me think about this all, thanks! 😃 Great topic!
AmbyCious thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Do you think age matters in taking advice? Would you accept advice from a person younger than you?Age doesn't matter..and i would accept advice from a younger person..well why not?!?!?

This may be crazy but one of my biggest life-problems were solved online..that too a person from IF!!! ... i love online help..and i pray for everyone who have tried to make me feel better in my rough times 😳..plus , virtual world rocks..its d best !!!! 80% of my strong attitude is my online frnds ki bado-lat..and baki ka my parents ki 😆😳

As i said earlier,,i give no important to age..At first i might be hesitant because i wouldn't like to tense the little one..but if theyr intelligent .. sure..
Am quite young,and i give advice to many people..not sure if they take it or not.😆.but..yea..

Kya post hai mahi..👏
LeadOxide thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Ofcourse, age doesn't always matter, I can take advice from younger people, sometimes younger people say sensible things too
aish_punk thumbnail
no it doesn't matter. A younger person could give great advice if they know about the situation..

yeah i guess its easier to take advice from a person online, and their age doesn't matter, maybe they've experienced it, that matters more.

yeah if i feel they'll understand, then maybe. I do discuss some of them with a girl 1 yr younger than me, though not much nowadays.
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I personally will not have any problem in taking advice from a younger person.

The only thing that matters to me while taking advice and discussing my problems is the person's maturity not his/her age. Some people are wise beyond their years and others are old age wise but so immature. Many times age is a good indicator of a person's maturity level but not always.

So, if it's a younger person who's mature enough to help me in my problem or at least just listen to my problem, then sure I would share it and take his/her advice.

-Mahi
mins97 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yup totally agree with u ^^
-Rinki- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Certainlyy .. I mean the younger person if knows the situation can sometimes give an advice which turns to be more helpful than biggies 😆
Yesterday my cousin's parent's were having a fight & he was the one who made my aunt realize her mistake ;)

Is that why online discussions are so valuable?

I think online discussions are quite good .. Some people who think age does matter, they would get blown out if they would know that the person who is actually debating with them is a kid 😆
I myself started discussing online debates when I was 12 which made the people think I was 20 :P

If I know the person well & I trust them then why not :)