Advice Corner

Discussion - Advice From a Younger Person? - Page 2

lovely_lady thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

[QUOTE=-M

Questions to think about!
Do you think age matters in taking advice? Would you accept advice from a person younger than you?

Not necessarily age, but experience does matter, imo.

Like a younger kid wouldnt exactly be very knowlegdable about finances and stuff..
And as for taking advice, well, it depends on what i need advice for..
cause sometimes i think too much about a problem and end up making it more complicated, and if u ask someone older, they give u some complex answer, meanwhile some one u is younger enderstand the problem and gives a  simple solution...if that makes sense ;)

Is that why online discussions are so valuable? We don't know each other's age (at least not right in the beginning) and we just take their advice and if it seems reasonable we follow it.
I think that is right..
Cause sometimes, i admit, i can be a bit too proud to take the advice of someone younger then me..
When u come online, u dont know the person's age..
So when they give u advice, u just look at the advice, not the person or the person's age..
  Would you even discuss your problems with younger people in life?

Haha, truthfully? well probably not LOL..

i rarely ever share my personal problems with ppl younger then me..
like i said, im too egoistic sometimes..
but if im desperate, i guess i would LOL..

/QUOTE]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prettywomen22 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
If the advise is good and beneficial nothing wrong in taking it no matter who it comes from.  πŸ˜†. I personally do not have any problem taking advise from younger people. 
dreamer_dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Do you think age matters in taking advice? Would you accept advice from a person younger than you?

see if u need an advice then u must be going though a problem. at times like those one is most likely stressed so when a younger person advices it stresses that person even more that - "my gosh this person is younger to me and is able to handle the situation in a better way". it hurts their ego and it would kinda hurt mine to.
i discuss my problems very rarely with people whether old or young. if the advice is gud i will take it but at long as i remember i have never asked for it from a younger person.
an older person is likely to b more experienced then the younger one which might not be true in all the cases but it is believe that they are.

Is that why online discussions are so valuable? We don't know each other's age (at least not right in the beginning) and we just take their advice and if it seems reasonable we follow it.

I guess so. when online we dont know their age or their situation in life. we judge them by their advice and think it is that person to be very educated and experienced and follow their advice.

i am not really sure. maybe if they are really close to me otherwise not.
iTangled_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Today, age is only in number, atleast that is what I think. There is this one thing I heard, the older you get, the more childish people wish to become πŸ˜† You definitely will observe live examples, For me the examples are quite live, My grandparents are really children, In the way they think atleast. Sometimes I just cant comprehend themπŸ˜•

Usually, younger folks always say things that may sound much sensible at first, but sometimes if you ponder over it they could just leave you amazed πŸ˜†

Sometimes even, children say things so innocently, they don't realize that they have suggested something highly significant.
Its the maturity that counts, πŸ˜†

-dramaholic- thumbnail
Accepting advice from somebody younger doesn't make you any less inferior then them. Sometimes it is the innocent that have the simplest cure to our complex problems. Adults intend to over think and make things far more complex than they really are. A younger person may have a much simple and pure suggestion.

Taking advice from somebody online is not only because we don't know their age.. there is much more than that. I Feel that online we don't have to worry about be targetted. We can confide in something which is like an online diary and have honest unbiased feedback. This differs from that from a friend because you may always regret/remember knowing that you told a friend something you makes you seem weaker. Online you can get the answers to your secrets which you don't want people around you to think your inferior because you seek help for them.

It depends, if i was to share info with a younger person in life.. It will need to depend if i know this person and if i am close to them. If so and if it is the right frame of moment, why not? I would certainly confide in them :)

Awesome Discussion Mahi =]
sweetscent13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't think age should matter. I don't mind taking advice from my younger cousin sister because she is very honest with me...

Maybe sometimes people feel embarrased to take advice from younger people. πŸ˜†
Yes..I share it with my younger cousin..she is mature and old enough to give me adviceπŸ˜†                  
                                                                                                                                                 ~Margi~
Edited by sweetscent13 - 14 years ago
UDman thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Perhaps it is better to get advice from those who are young. After all, when we grow up, we have too many things going on in life (family, job, money, etc, etc, etc). I'm not saying that young people don't have their plates full enough, but what I am saying is that they don't look at life in such a complicated way as adults do. They do what they think is right, and they don't need to think of a thousand things that can be impacted by their decisions. There is a sense of innocence within those people, and I personally think these are the people who can give the best advice.