Geet Articles Corner

MoBiX thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Geet-Hui Sabse Parayee Articles Corner

This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Geet-Hui Sabse Parayee

Edited by MoBiX - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MoBiX thumbnail
Star One's New Flavours of the Season!
Star One has today announced the launch a fresh lineup contents unlike any other shows on the channel and also in the kitty are two new fiction shows, 'Geet ' Hui Sabse Parayi' and 'Rang Badalti Odhani' beginning April 5th at 9:30 pm and 10:00 pm respectively from Mon-Fri. With a spanking new array of content being added to channel, the shows will now comprise a high voltage entertaining mix of reality, fiction, drama and lot more.

Buzz up!
Premiering on April 5th, 'Geet- Hui Sabse Parayi' and 'Odhni Rang Badalti Jaaye' are non-traditional and inspiring stories of two young girls, who have the ability to scripts their own destinies by defying conventions. Talking about the show Nikhil Mirchandani, (GM-Star One), " Star One has always set up an goal to entertain their loyal audience and accordingly our previous shows like 'Dill Mill Gayye', 'Mile Jab Hum Tum' and many more were targeted to a certain age group of about teenagers but now the girl (Star One) has grown up and is going to set a goal to appeal those audience of about 18-35 age group and according to that we have changed a bit a flavour of the channel from Lovey-Dovey kind to social issues."

The show 'Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi', highlights the 'NRI Marriage' related problems which are very prevalent in India. It is a story of a young girl, Geet, who is abandoned by her NRI husband and how she faces the challenges and stands for her rights and values she believes in. the other show by Beyond Dreams, 'Rang Badlati Odhani' is about a girl who takes destiny in her own hands when she is widowed a very young age. She demands justice from the man who is responsible for the death of her husband, the only bread-earner of her family. Thus, she strives to get compensation for the loss of her husband.

Actors like Gurmeet Chaudhary (Maan), Abhinav Shukla (Dev) and Drashti Dhami (Geet) will be seen in 'Geet', whereas actors like Yashashree (Khanak), Harpreet Kuar (Suraj) and Karan Thacker (Shantanu) will be starring in 'Rang Badalti Odhani'.

Let's see how far this new flavour of Star One spices up the television for the viewers!

source:http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2010/new-serials-star-one-310310.html
Edited by MoBiX - 14 years ago
MoBiX thumbnail
Star One launches new shows from today

One of the top Indian enterment networks' Star One channel has announced the launch of a fresh lineup of programmes.

The new shows include, Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi and Rang Badalti Odhani beginning today at 9.30pm and 10pm respectively from Monday to Friday.

With a spanking new array of content being added to the channel, the shows will now comprise a high voltage entertaining mix of reality, fiction and drama.

The channels claimed that the new programmes will surely striker a chord with family viewers.

The new line up of shows is a result of the in-depth research conducted by the channel. The research revealed the changing viewership trends and also a new set of audiences with a certain entertainment need.

Hence, with the aim of expanding its viewership and filling in the gaps, Star One is all set to present a range of new, refreshing and differentiated content in its prime time slot.

The two new shows are non-traditional and inspiring stories of young women, who have the ability to script their own destinies by defying conventions.

Commenting on the launch of the new shows, Sumantra Dutta, Country Head for Star Middle East, Pakistan and Africa, said: "Star One as a brand has been an innovator.

"With the aim of expanding our viewership, we are presenting a new programming line up which is clutter breaking and refreshing. The new shows have emotionally uplifting storylines challenging convention and existing stereotypes.

"The shows have strong characters and issues not seen on other channels. With this great combination catering to the young women, we look forward to growing our relationship with viewers."

Produced by Endemol India and 4 Lions Films, Geet – Hui Sabse Parayi highlights the NRI marriage related problems which are very prevalent in India.

It is a story of a young spirited girl, Geet, who is abandoned by her non-resident Indian husband and how she faces the challenges and stands for the rights and values she believes in.

Produced by Beyond Dreamsand Anahita Productions, Rang Badalti Odhani is about a girl who takes destiny in her own hands when she is widowed at a very young age. She demands justice from the man who is responsible for the death of her husband, the only bread earner of her family. She is bold and takes responsibility to get compensation for the loss of her husband.

Star is one of the leading media and entertainment companies of India. The network broadcasts more than 32 channels in eight languages to more than 168 million people every week across India and more than 65 countries across the world. Its channel portfolio includes Star Plus, Star One, Star Gold, Channel [V], Star Jalsha, Star Pravah, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav and joint venture channels Asianet, Asianet Plus, Star Vijay, Suvarna, Star News, ESPN and Star Sports.

Star's businesses extend to films, television production, cable systems and distribution, direct-to-home services, terrestrial TV broadcasting, wireless and digital services.

Star also manages a portfolio of business ventures including Cable system Hathway, channel distributor Star Den, news channel operator MCCS, south Indian broadcast business of Asianet channels and Star Vijay. It also manages film producer and distributor Fox Star Studios India.

source: http://www.business24-7.ae/companies-markets/media/star-one-launches-new-shows-from-today-2010-04-05-1.102657

SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Producer Gul Khan is all set to explore the seamier side of NRI marriages in her upcoming television serial Geet

"Three million girls are not allowed to be born, two million are denied education, and about 5,000 are killed or burnt alive for dowry every day. What democracy are we really harping about when half the population is still fighting for basic rights," television writer, director and producer Gul Khan rattles off the statistics, as she explains how she stumbled on to the story for her upcoming production Geet - Hui Sabse Paraayi, slated for a April 5 launch on Star One channel.

The serial follows the life of Geet (played by Drishti Dhami), a simple Punjabi girl who is brought up to live according to the will of others. "It is the story of every other Indian girl who is denied her right to live the way she wants to. She is constantly told to talk in a particular way, learn to adjust, dress in a particular way. Geet too is eventually pushed into marrying an NRI, but once married, problems begin, and Geet is faced with the tough choice of either submitting to it or standing up for her right," says Khan, who adds that she came across her story in the gullies of Punjab. "There is a craze about NRI sons-in-law here, bordering almost on obsession," says Khan, who followed newspaper stories and reports on incidents of NRI marriage scams to give shape to the serial.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/troubleinparadaise/599429/
SunShine_A thumbnail
Drashti Dhami who essayed Muskaan in Star One's 'Dill Mill Gayye', will now essay a protagonist in upcoming fiction 'Geet- Sabse Hui Parayi'. The USP of the show narrates a story of a desi girl who gets married to a pardesi guy who abandons Geet after taking her to Canada. But do you know Drashti's family is no more different than Geet's family.

Buzz up!
When we asked Drashti about getting married as the young lady has already turned 26, she playfully says, "My mom is behind me saying 'beta MBA hai, NRI hai, shaadi karle' (Boy is an NRI, M.B.A, please see to it that you say yes to the proporsal). Uuf... This is the situation at my place; even she wants me to marry an NRI (Laughs). But I am really not ready for taking up the responsibilities."

Then what will be your perfect time to get married? "Actually even now I am ready to get married but the condition should be like staying with my parents from Monday to Friday and then being with my hubby on weekends (laughs)."

Hope you get what you want but it's not what you desire, you get always what you deserve, still all the best for your hopes!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2010/drashti-dhami-geet-010410.html
SunShine_A thumbnail
Abhinav Shukla who will be essaying a grey shaded role as an NRI in Star One's upcoming fiction named Geet- Sabse Hui Parayi is actually going to be his last show on small screen because this guy craves for something other than acting in dailies.

Buzz up!
In a face-to-face chat, when we asked Abhinav about his character in the show, he says, "Even though I have never been abroad but just because of my look, I bag certain roles of NRI's. It might be my similar style that makes me look like some 'foreign return' guy. But acting is really not what I actually want to do, I had certain plans before coming to this glamour field but now I have made my mind to head back to initial my plans."

What exactly are your plans? "Well, I have planned to fly abroad as I have interest in being a D.O.P (Directors of Photography) and not an actor and thus soon after the show, I will be taking an admission into the D.O.P course at New York University. So, this show will be my last show after which I will drive my own way to the destiny what I actually wanted."

Well it's a bad news for Abhinav's fans that they won't get to see more of him after the show. But still guys, we never know!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2010/abhinav-last-show-310310.html
Dew-drop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Gurmeet's prank causes deep pain to his fans

On 31 March a portal had carried a report of an alleged break-up between love birds Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee. A day later it was revealed that this was just an April fool's joke played by the actors so as to gauge the reactions from their fans.

Unfortunately, the fans don't seem to be amused by this trick and are extremely unhappy with the duo for this act. Hundreds of fans have written mails while a few fanatics resorted to some extreme step to expresses their displeasure. One such fanatic stopped eating until he was assured from Choudhary that this was all but a joke.

Gurmeet says, "It was meant to be an April fool joke but apparently we've unintentionally cause lot of panic among our fans. Ever since, we put that news, fans have expressed their displeasure through messages on social networking sites. Besides I've received several calls from in and outside the country. Personally, I'm very humbled by their reaction. I never though this joke would spread like a fire.

Talking about a particular fan, he says, "Unfortunately, a fan from Kolkata (I can't recollect his name) was so hit by this news that he refused to eat until I spoke to him. I was really surprised and hurt too at the plight of this man. I told him that this is just a joke and assured him that Debina and I will always be together. I apologize to him and my other fans."

Well, you better do Gurmeet because in this country viewers have always idolized one who's played Lord Ram. So such pranks from the Gods are unpardonable.

-Mayur Lookhar/ Tellycafe.com

Dew-drop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Content Removed

You, me aur hamming!

SunShine_A thumbnail
bhinav Shukla, the Punjabi hero

Abhinav Shukla will not find it difficult to play the Punjabi hero, Dev, in STAR One's Geet – Hui Sabse Parayee. This is because Abhinav is Punjabi himself so the character will come easy to him. Abhinav is familiar to television audience for his roles in Babul Ka Angann Chotey Naa, Jaane Kya Baat Hui and Chhoti Bahu. We met him on the sets of Geet:

Are you excited about doing a Punjabi role?
Sure. I can't use too much colloquial but I am sure there will be some Punjabi words in which I will express myself, and that's why I'm particularly excited about the show. We have a lovely star cast and in fact much of the show is based on the reality of Punjab. I've been living there for 22 years and am quite close to the culture.

What's your character like?
My character, Dev, is from Canada. The family has come to Punjab to meet Geet's family, and this is the first time that we're coming to a village. The setting is of the Lodi festival, which has been shown as authentically Punjabi.

Do you think the audience will watch the show given the fact that the IPL is on?
TV audiences always like to watch family drama. Besides, when Abhinav Shukla and Drashti Dhami get together, what's not to like? Of course they will see us!

Are you following IPL?
Not really. I am not a cricket fan. I didn't play the sport much and almost never watched it. I am into athletics. I used to run the 100 meter and 200 meter sprints and hurl the discus. I used to be into fitness modelling.

That's interesting. How similar are you to the character, Dev?
Abhinav is straightforward and positive, someone who greets everyone. Dev is slightly reserved in that way. Aur baki abhi dekho yaar!

How's your rapport with Drashti?
I think it's excellent. She is very talented, of course. I've known Drashti from when she was shooting for Dill Mill Gayye and at the time I was shooting for Jersey No.10, which was being shot at the same studio. She's a very good and very humble person.

When is Abhinav getting married?
Tomorrow perhaps, or next year. I really don't know when. It depends...

Depends on the right girl? What is she like?
First let me figure out for myself what my dream girl is like. Come to think of it, for me there is no dream girl at the moment.

May be what Abhinav is not saying yet is that his current geet of life hasn't yet said yes on STAR One's Geet – Hui Sabsey Paraye. DON'T MISS Monday to Friday, 9:30 pm. Watch tonight's episode – Will the family agree to take Geet's opinion? Will Dev convince Daarji and family…

http://www.indya.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?p=Abhinav-Shukla-the-Punjabi-hero&nid=222

sweetsugar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Shalini Kapoor: Drashti is a budding actress

TV actress Shalini Kapoor, who is back on TV with STAR One's most awaited show Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi, plays the character called Rano, who is the mother of Geet (played by Drashti Dhami).

Both on-screen mother and daughter share a good rapport with each other.

We spoke to Shalini Kapoor aka Rano who said, "The show is based on a Punjabi family and it highlights that NRI marriages sometimes are not that successful. I am a caring and loving mother of Geet; Rano. My character is a typical village Punjabi mother who wants that her daughter should get married in a good Punjabi traditional family. I am hoping that the show will be well appreciated by the audiences."

Later on she spoke about her rapport with Drashti Dhami, "She is a very good and budding actress, very understanding. In real life she is not that seedhi sadhi, she talks so much that if I can't hear her voice on the sets, I just start asking my crew members where is Drashti. She is very hardworking when it comes to acting. It's great to work with such young and bubbly actresses. There is a vast difference between Drashti and Geet because Drashti always listens to music and is very chirpy and we keep listening to her'During the screening of the show Drashti was quite excited as she had come with her real mother and it was nice talking to Drashti's mother as well."

So keep watching this mother-daughter duo every Monday to Friday on the STAR One show Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi at 9.30 pm.

Source :Indya.com