Posted: 14 years ago
Guys,

Now the cat is out of the bag, so, what's your take on the show?

First and Foremost about the protaganist of the show - I love Geet...I have loved her from the "Dill Mill Gayye" days and I know she is apt person to play a punjabi fun loving girl who can even become serious when the situation requires.....Her family traditions and rules (Compulsory chunni, back in house before the Male folks arrive etc) shown in the show are the story of many houses in India though I do not agree with the punishment. I dont think a 18 year old girl is hit with a stick in todays world......(Correct me If I am wrong there).....I liked the extra spice that they have created in form of Geets brother who looks as if he has a grey shade...The way the serials commenced, though in bad flavour, it added spice to the story and lets see where that start fits the story line......

I loved the NRI guy, he looks dashing and gave solid expressions when he was helping Geet remove the chunni....He could have been welcome with an open arm on the show, if only he would stay....I wish he didnt have negative shade and we could have seen him longer in the show.....But lets see what's in store for us......But this storyline definitely means tht there is a guy expected in Geets life whom she might meet back in Canada......

I have always associated Daarji word with a strict yet lovable character, who would have different ways of penalizing people but not hitting with the sticks...So, I am a little disappointed there but this is just the first episode and I am sure Daarji would justify his title once Geet gets married......Rest of the characters sound promising especially Geets younger sister (right?)...her dialect is too cute and the Tailor scene was very funny and very well directed....

Overall, I loved the first episode and I feel its very promising....Its expected storyline is also something to look forward to....Definitely Recommended.

Rating - 4.5/5 (0.5 reduced because Geet was hit with the cane 😉)

Review this show.....

-DD
I already posted the same topic dear..pls post there ur views.
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1371529

Do not make multiple topics.
Sweets, I think we posted at the same time......because there wasnt any topic on this when I started posting...No sweat....Whats more important is that we get the views.... 😊
Ok dear:) I wasnt being rude..sorry if i was. My name is Mansi btw :)
Originally posted by -Mansi-

Ok dear:) I wasnt being rude..sorry if i was. My name is Mansi btw :)

Not at all Mansi....You were just stating the rules.....and I understand your reaction as I also am well aware of the rules, after all have been an active memeber of IF, since 2006....

Anyways, I am Nikita.....and I think we are gng to have fun in the Geet forum..... 😊
Thanks Nikita for understanding..sure! Keep n touch :)
Dancingdoll you expressed the views so well. I felt a tad bit bad with Darji hitting Geet with a stick. The show holds promise. Geet character portrayed superbly by Drashti.
Originally posted by dhartiamber

Dancingdoll you expressed the views so well. I felt a tad bit bad with Darji hitting Geet with a stick. The show holds promise. Geet character portrayed superbly by Drashti.

Thanks DhartiAmber..............And yes Drashti was very promising in DMG and the role that she is playing here, fits her to the T and I think she can really put life into it....

Just watched it now, I found it really interesting. I guess alot was to do with seeing drashti again! she acted really well.

And is that really the storyline? the NRI guy has a grey shade?.. lolzz they really give away the story in indian shows! Wonder what happens! He looked like a nice guy!

Anyway will watch the next epi!