Autisim Awareness Week|| Join in! - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
Thank you for this wonderful and beneficial info, would love to be a part of the help program and help those who are in need.
I really appreciate and salute the two of you for creating such a topic.   👏   👏   👏 It's really important to spread the awareness about conditions like Autism and Dyslexia. Thankfully, our Television and Film industry have started doing it's part on a broader scale with movies like TZP, MNIK (which introduced a sensitive disorder like Asperger's Syndrome to the general public), Paa and TV shows like Aap ki Antra. We should have move shows like this, so that common man knows and understands these sensitive issues. It's make the world a much more easier and happier place for these special individuals and their families! 😊

A great effort people! 😊
Keep it up!
Originally posted by -Destiny-

I agree with you totally But let me tell u Autism is really  not  a disease.. it can be worked on!!!
 here's a little insight on what me and  my mom worked on

with my personal experience  I would say tht  these Children are a blessing in disguise .Their  skills  surpaas tht  Disability   its Just amazing . we first understand  the dilemna if they ever should let their  children out into the world.. parents sure feel a little insecure at times . but as a  therapist   we tell them  "  It is not a Disaease It's a Disability ". Incredible mark has been seeen in such children. we once had a child wid Aspergers  syndrome  and we had a really tough time  in our therapies wid him  he was  violent and   his mother was  literally  broken down to sdee herr two year old boy come  to us in tht shape... Tht was 5 - 6 years back  ... now  we hear from tht  institute tht he has become a mature young boy and he is more interested in music and  painting

Each year we get around 300- 500 cases where we  personally   take  therapy sessions  and  indulge them into creative activities

Sorry to have gone overboard wid my story

Lekha

Agree totally
Thank you topic maker for creating such an important & sensitive topic. You are doing a great job in spreading the awareness.
God Bless You!

well i don't know anyone around me who has had this problem. I wasn't even sure what it was when i 1st read the word :P..but later i realized its something of the TZP sort?..

that quote by Einstein is really very good, he's an inspiration for a lot of people.
I do not know anyone with this disability but  I do appreciate the people who have this disability or have someone in their lives with this disability. It take a lot of courage to deal with something like this ...hats of to all of them who have been there and supported them.
With a lot of patience, commitment, love and understanding children with autism can have a productive and independent life (based on the individual profile) in the long run. I believe these children are a gift and blessing. They don't play mind games, they say it like it is, and when they can express it  their emotions are sincere and genuine. Sure society may say they are rude and they don't fit the norms, so what? What is normal anyways? What's normal to one isn't so for others.

Society in general has a lot of catching up to do in understanding the plight of the children as well as parents raising these children facing challenges on so many levels.  The world would be a better place if more people attempt to learn more about this disorder and lend a helping hand in any little way they can.......sometimes just a smile can make all the difference in place of the judgment and ridicule of a family trying to do their best.

A few hours with a child with this disorder will change your view of life. All the whining and pettiness about silly things will seem  immature and irrelevant.  I speak as a parent with first hand experience.
Edited by MERARAI - 13 years ago
I am glad you guys brought this topic up, I'm very passionet about spreading awareness for this disorder, if anyone has questions let me know, because I have studied this disorder so much because it is a very big part of my life. I would like to add that you should never isolate a child because he/she has autism. I have two little cousins who are Autisitic. Both of them are the youngest in their family and are the same age. One of them is given special treatment by his parents because of it, he gets whatever he wants and his parents force the other kids to do what ever he wants. This is not helpful because this boy has learned from his parents to use his autism to manipulate, I love him to bits, but he is a very selfish, spoilt, and pessimestic child, as well as he has developed a very strained relationship with his two other siblings. Basically his older broher and sister dislike him, and see him as nothing more then a pest. While on the other hand my other cousin is treated just like if he was a normal kid, meaning he gets punishments when he does something wrong and treats only if he earns them, the only special treatment he gets is with his dietary food because we have to be careful what he eats. But other then that he acts just like a normal kid, yes he does have certain unique tendeinces, like focusing on a single topic or object and repeating it over and over aging, and  that he is unable to express his anger constructively and it comes out as a temper tantrum, but other then those rare occasions, he is absolutley normal, has normal speech, and is a real social butterfly, he goes up to complete strangers and says congratulations.
well the first time i come to know about Autisum is when i watched App Ke Antra.....well all i can say is that everyone should support kids like this because they need it.....and its really bad that with out knowing about it people start asuming that the kid is mad or soming with is even painfull for those parents who r tired of explainging the diffrance...... Edited by ghazal_naz - 13 years ago