Posted: 13 years ago
I had this one major doubt in today's episode..Dev said that he has agreed to marry Geet...because she is just the kind of girl he always wanted. I mean how can a person who has jus seen the girl once decide that she is the right person for being their respective life partner?? Or is it that this is NRI logic..that they just come to India..select a small town simple girl and settle down with her abroad. What kind of thinking is this??? And im sure if their wedding gets fixed also..they wont be able to meet / get to know each other and all...thats so sad!! 😕 What kind of life will this kind of couple have later?
Originally posted by -Mansi-

I had this one major doubt in today's episode..Dev said that he has agreed to marry Geet...because she is just the kind of girl he always wanted. I mean how can a person who has jus seen the girl once decide that she is the right person for being their respective life partner?? Or is it that this is NRI logic..that they just come to India..select a small town simple girl and settle down with her abroad. What kind of thinking is this??? \
And im sure if their wedding gets fixed also..they wont be able to meet / get to know each other and all...thats so sad!! 😕 What kind of life will this kind of couple have later?

This is not NRI Logic..!!😆 I know because i married one!
They do come to India to find their better halfs.. but all of it is done in a very systematic manner just like marriages in India 😳.
The couple get their time to know each other .. and they do have a say in making a decision. And they have a wonderful life after..!! 😳
Oh..lol..hehe..I jus seen many movies and read books..where the system is just like contracts.
Originally posted by -Mansi-

Oh..lol..hehe..I jus seen many movies and read books..where the system is just like contracts.
😆... Movies are not reality dear!
LOL yeah maybe...but thats wts happening in this show also right..though i knw its fiction.

lol may be love at first sight 😕

Interesting topic Mansi !! Since this show deals with marital abandonment, I think what they'll show later is that Dev simply chose to marry Geet thinking that since she's basically a simple village girl, it would be easy for him to make a fool out of her and abandon her, since simplicity is often confused with lack of intelligence and capability.

-Aditi
Originally posted by StarshineHues

Interesting topic Mansi !! Since this show deals with marital abandonment, I think what they'll show later is that Dev simply chose to marry Geet thinking that since she's basically a simple village girl, it would be easy for him to make a fool out of her and abandon her, since simplicity is often confused with lack of intelligence and capability.

-Aditi

It happens a lot especially in the UK and Canada because the family of the guys wants a girl who might not know all the laws of the country so she won't fight back as well as the fact she is there all by herself w/out her family nearby. They sometimes don't want to marry their sons to girls who are brought up abroad cuz they will talk back and won't be afraid of them but then when they want to marry their daughters they want a guy also born and bred abroad. I've lived in Australia and Canada and have heard of things like this as well as seen it.
I agree!

I noticed that too..when he said she's just the type of girl he wanted, I was like how can he already decide that, when he hasn't even talked to her! It didn't really make sense..but oh well..We may see them talking soon I guess..