Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Geet Written Update 7th April :)

sabihaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Recap:
Dev tells Geet he'll pull her dupatta off the truck (their first mulaqat); Geet gets punished by Dar ji; Jinder (that's the lady's name) tells them the boy's family is here; Geet tells Rano that she doesn't want to get married, but Rano silences her; Kamna tells everyone they saw Geet without her dupatta; Dar ji asks forgiveness from Pammi (Dev's mum), Naintara and Kamna; Rano walks Geet away but Dev says for them to stop, and tells everyone he accepts the rishta....

The episode begins with Dev telling everyone that it doesn't matter what happened with Geet that day. He wants to marry her. Dar ji turns to Pammi and asks for her opinion. She says that if the children are happy, then so is she. Naintara says that if Dev is happy with Geet, then they will accept her as a daughter-in-law. Everyone is really happy, except Geet. Dev notices this and asks Dar ji for Geet's opinion to be heard. Everyone stops and stares. Geet's dad (Vrinder) says "Why not, of course" and goes to Geet. Geet falters, but nothing comes out. Dar ji interferes and says "Enough... What the elders in the family have decided, the girl has decided the same." Brij asks Geet if she accepts the rishta, to which Geet doesn't reply...

Kamna congratulates Rano, and says "Now our work is done". Everyone looks at her, and Naintara corrects her - "it's not work, but a new relationship." Rano then tells Geet to ask Pammi for her blessings. Naintara teases Dev, and asks him if he's just going to stare at his new bride instead of asking his mother for blessings.
Dev & Geet (hereby known as D&G for now) touch Pammi's feet at the same time, and Geet quickly takes back her hand. Dev asks "Why did you stop?" D&G look into each other's eyes... (ai hai.. I'm definitely falling in love with this jodi!)

Naintara prompts Pammi to give her bangle to Geet as a form of shagun, and Pammi blesses Geet. Dar ji gives money to Dev as a small gift, and Dev at first refuses, but Rajinder tells him that it's a blessing from the elders, to which Dev agrees. Naintara says that they don't have words to express their happiness, and Kamna says that they must have a roka. Geet's family is shocked, and Rano silently tells Vrinder not yet. Vrinder tries to make excuses, but Pammi says that the children are right in saying there should be a roka. Dar ji says there will be a roka, and Dev just looks at Geet.. which prompts him to ask if he could speak to Geet in private...

Geet looks up, worried.. and Brij tells Dev that Punjab isn't Canada where girls & guys can talk before marriage. Dev says that he isn't trying to be disrespectful, but he just wants to know Geet's opinion. Brij tells him that Dar ji has already made it clear that whatever the elder/s decide, goes; and that girls & guys do NOT talk before marriage. But Dar ji stops Brij, and relents for D&G to talk. Brij tries to tell Dar ji, but Dar ji replies that sometimes one has to move ahead with the times. He tells D&G to talk on the terrace.. and Brij looks angry at this.

Dolly leads D&G onto the terrace, and tells them to go to the far side of the terrace, and that she will wait there. Geet still looks worried, so Dolly takes her aside and says "Why are you still worried Geet, it's not as if he'll eat you!" Dev looks on, smiling.
(God, this woman makes me laugh..)

Geet has her head down (I swear at this rate, she'll have massive neck pains), and Dev starts by saying that ever since their marriage has been finalised, she's been looking apprehensive. He understands that it's only been 2hrs since they've met, and already their roka has been set. He wonders if she doesn't like him... but all this while Geet has her head down. He mentions that when he saw her on the road, in b/w her anxiety, there was a smile.. but ever since the marriage has been mentioned, her smile has gone. He says "it's obvious you're not happy with the marriage." To which Geet looks up and says no and hurts her foot on a piece of wood. She cries in pain, and Dev tends to her wound, telling her to close her eyes while he pulls out the splinter. She reacts to the sudden pain, and Dev makes a bandage out of his hankie. Geet watches him as he tends to her foot...

Cut back to the families sitting down as Rajinder passes around food. Someone calls out Brij's name, and he goes to them (I think the guy was the brother of that girl who got killed.) Brij asks him what he's doing here, as there's guests, and that he'll talk to him later. Rajinder starts telling Dev's family that b/w the roka and the wedding, they won't have to worry about a thing. Nurpinder notices that Naintara & Pammi are a bit distressed, and calls them out on it (nicely of course). Pammi replies in the negative, but says that she has a suggestion about the wedding - "Every wedding that has happened in our family has happened at Jaddipind (I think that's what it's called)... I would like for D&G's wedding to happen there as well." Geet's family are shocked (gosh, they definitely get shocked easily). Vrinder doesn't want it to happen there, but Nurpinder & Rajinder say it's okay. Rano asks for Dar ji's say in this matter. Dar ji agrees to have the wedding over there as long as all the traditions are followed, Vrinder looks upset...

Cut to D&G. Dev asks Geet if her feet hurts, and helps her to her feet. He asks again if she's happy with the rishta.. and says that marriage is very important for a girl.. he tells Geet to say what's on her mind without any worry. Geet falters but tells him that she doesn't want to go to Canada. Dev looks slightly annoyed.

Dolly watches D&G and Rajji comes to see what's going on. D&G hear them, and Geet walks away leaving Dev staring after her...

Precap: Geet's family are celebrating something (not too sure what as I didn't see Dev's family) when a lady comes crying & screaming for her girl (the one who was killed in the 1st episode presumably). She points to Brij and says she knows he murdered her...

Hoping ya like it. Do tell me if there's anything I should lessen or add. && hit the like button please. :)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tootiefrootie11 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks so much for your great update. I'm only relying on updates as the show will not broadcast in the UK until next week (although I guess I could watch on YouTube:)) but reading your update made it all clear. Thanks again!
-bhootni- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
thanks!!!

and I think they are celebrating lodi...but I may be wrong!
.PINK. thumbnail
hey thankzz
a ton na!!
sweet.melody thumbnail
ya i think it is lodi

Thanks for the update!!

and im falling hopelessly in love with D&G!!
rohanluv thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ggod work dear, nice update!
stephhh thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
thanks for the update...its nicely done and I truly appreciate it. I missed the last part so am happy to know what happened.
I used to do this job for another show and preparing updates is a time-consuming job so thanks a lot :)
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
gr8 update mate, I'm depending only on the written updates for now till Guru comes 😉