Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iTangled_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Credit: DisneyDudette

Sat, May 1 08:00 PM

New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) He is famous as Manav of hit TV serial 'Pavitra Rishta', but actor Sushant Rajput is now looking for an image change with dance reality show 'Zara Nachke Dikha'.

The actor plays a serious, quiet and intense character in 'Pavitra Rishta' aired on Zee TV but now wants to have some 'fun'.

'To an extent, this is an effort to change my image. My first show was 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil', where I was playing a character which was very similar to what I'm in real life,' Sushant told IANS in an interview.

'But the character of Manav is entirely different from what I am in real life. He is so mature and so serious all the time and living that character for 16 hours a day is really a task, so I wanted to have some fun now,' he said.

Sushant, who is from Delhi, was an engineering student when he decided to take up acting. In his first show 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil', he played the character of Preet and then moved on to his big break in Ekta Kapoor's 'Pavitra Rishta'.

The 24-year-old actor, who will now be seen as one of the contestants in 'Zara Nachke Dikha' that started Saturday on Star Plus, revealed that he loves dancing since childhood.

'I love dancing a lot. I was a student of (choreographer) Shiamak Davar. I just love being on stage. That was one more reason for giving this show a chance,' Sushant said.

On the show, he will be seen shaking a leg with other small screen actors like Sangeeta Ghosh, Aamir Ali, Abhishek Avasthi, Sanjeeda Sheikh and reality TV star Rakhi Sawant.

Actors Arshad Warsi and Shilpa Shetty and choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant are the judges of the show.

Sushant said his favourite judge is Arshad. 'He is so precise in explaining us what we lacked and where we were good. He is very casual with us. He often comes back stage and talks to us, telling us about various nuances of dance, as a friend and not as a judge,' Sushant said.

'The best part of the show is that its a proper dance reality show. The judges check each and every step and the main focus is the dance,' he said.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20100501/914/ten-zara-nachke-dikha-should-change-my-i.html
iTangled_25 thumbnail
Credit: DisneyDudette

Friends again

By Kunal M Shah
Posted On Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 03:19:20 AM

Item girl Rakhi Sawant and ex-boyfriend Abhishek Awasthi have buried the hatchet. The two are paired opposite each other in the dance show Zara Nachke Dikha. The ice broke when they shot together for a dance sequence on Sunday.

A source present on the sets said, "They danced together after which Rakhi said that Abhishek is the best partner she has ever had." Incidentally, they were the finalists in Nach Baliye but they eventually lost to Aamir Ali and Sanjeeda Sheikh.

Rakhi Sawant and Abhishek Awasthi

After a bitter break-up two years ago, Rakhi and Abhishek were not on talking terms. They recently met again for this show after two years during which Rakhi also did a swayamvar show.

Abhishek's mother became quite emotional after watching her son dancing with Rakhi. The source added, "Abhishek's mother, who was present in the audience, said that Rakhi always was and will continue to be like her daughter.

She said she has left it to fate to decide whether the former couple will reunite, but she definitely wants them to be together. An emotional Rakhi apologised for hurting her. Eventually, Rakhi and Abhishek too forgave each other."

A rather subdued Rakhi said, "Yes, we have decided to let bygones be bygones. We don't want any animosity between us as we are working together. It doesn't mean that we are dating, but we are definitely friends again."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/12/2010050420100504031920747864c1208/Friends-again.html
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sushant Rajput Hospitalised!
Tuesday, 04 May 2010 13:37

Sushant Singh Rajput is quite a household name these days after 'Pavitra Rishta' and 'Zara Nachke Dikha'. He definitely has not left any stone unturned in his efforts to please his fans. TellyCafe.com had, in our earlier report, told you about the accident on the sets of ZND. The boy has been struck down again and this time with high fever.

A source informs, "Sushant has not been getting complete sleep since quite some time as he is managing two shows at one time. He is giving 12 hours for 'Pavitra Rishta' and also managing his rehearsals and technical's for 'Zara Nachke Dikha'. And, as ZND is an dance reality show, he has to put his extra effort and thus due to dehydration and stress, Sushant is down with really high fever. Thus, he has been hopitalised."

We called Sushant to know his well-being and a care taker asked us to call after sometime as he could not even get up to take a call.

We wish for Sushant's quick recovery!

-Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://www.tellycafe.com/telly-news-gossip/sushant-rajput-hospitalised
niveditha thumbnail

The gorgeous Jennifer Winget, popularly known as Dr. Ridhima, of 'Dill Mill Gayye' is our new host of 'Zara Nachke Dikha' along with R.J Mantra. But the girl is missing the dancing phase when she was a contestant of 'Zara Nachke Dikha' season 1last year.

"I am really missing my dancing bit as for last year I was not an anchor but one of the contestants on the show. In fact, when I came here for the first time this year for anchoring, I got emotionally low as it was the same place where along with my girls team, I had set the stage on fire. But never mind, it is a great feeling for me to come back, even though not for performing but at least for anchoring. And in some or the other way, I will be in the loop again," quips Jennifer.

Jennifer goes on, "At least there will be a good feeling that I am still part of the show, with same production house, on same set. And for this time the people with whom I am working with are great and sweet ones, so it will not be too stressful for me. And as I love anchoring it will be a reliever for me from my schedules."

As ZND is battle of sexes, whom will you join hands with? "Of course, Girls, even for last year I was pro towards fairer sex and the same goes for this year." signs off Jennifer.

But frankly speaking, Jennifer, you will not really miss dancing as you can always throw a move or two while anchoring too!

-Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/telly-news-gossip/jeniifer-missing-moves-on-zara-nachke-dikha

iTangled_25 thumbnail
Credit: Gur.N.cool

ZND get's 3 Stars

click on link for a bigger picture
http://epaper.hindustantimes.com//Web/HTMumbai/Article/2010/05/04/537%5C04_05_2010_537_002.jpg

niveditha thumbnail
L'il Masters rocks; Chak.. booms, Nachke.. doomed?
Wednesday, 05 May 2010 17:51

Size doesn't matter. The smaller; the better. This has been amply proved by unheralded little kids from Dance India Dance L'il Masters (Zee TV) and Chak Dhoom Dhoom (Colors) who have put their erstwhile TV stars of Zara Nachke Dikha to shame.

The three dance reality shows made their debut last week, and all of them air at prime time on their respective channels. Zee TV's DID L'il Masters has emerged as the clear winner clocking a TVR of 6.7 for its inaugural episode. This not only makes it the top show (fiction and non-fiction) for the TAM week 18 (April 25 to May 1), but it's the biggest opening for any show in the last three years. Interestingly, the preceding Dance India Dance finale could only muster a rating of 5.

Colors' Chak Dhoom Dhoom drew a TVR of 4.4 while, Star Plus' celebrity reality show Zara Nachke Dikha could only muster a TVR of 2.4. (Though, it must be noted that Zara.. airs on Saturday and Sunday whereas its two competing shows air on Friday and Saturday)

While it will be too early to write off Zara Nacke Dikha, the success of the two juvenile shows clearly indicate that the viewers are longer warming to the celebrity dance reality shows, where talent often takes second place to controversy and other theatrics. We've already seen the first casualty when Mohit Sehgal and Sanaya Irani were found wanting as hosts, and subsequently replaced by Jennifer Winget and RJ Mantra.

Rakhi Sawant proudly claimed that she'll create history at Zara Nachke Dikha. The out-of-favour drama queen should now pray that the show picks up in the coming weeks or else, she'll be confined to history.

Meanwhile, the final of Indian Premier League 3 between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings clocked a staggering TVR of 10.5 (All India market).

The top ten shows across Hindi GECS is as follows –

L'il Masters - 6.7, Pavitra Rishta 6.0, Uttaran 5.9, Na Aana Is Des Laado 4.9, Jhansi Ki Rani 4.8, Pratigya 4.7, Bidaai 4.7, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai 4.5, Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo 4.4, Chak Dhoom Dhoom 4.4

Colors has regained the number spot with 288 GRPs, Star Plus is just two GRPs less, while Zee TV drops to third spot with 279 GRPs.

-- Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/telly-news-gossip/l-il-masters-rocks-chak-booms-nachke-doomed
niveditha thumbnail
Siddhesh Pai's unbelievable act stuns all..

Siddhesh Pai's aerial act almost left him stranded in thin air, that could have been ...

iTangled_25 thumbnail
Credit:biryani

Ankita Lokhande taking care of Sushant Singh Rajput
We all know that Archana of Pavitra Rishta is very close to Manav and whenever he is in trouble she goes to help him but the actress is helping his co-star Sushant Singh Rajput in real life too as he is unwell, she is also attending his phone calls

Sushant's fainting spell

Sushant Singh Rajput was rushed to hospital after fainting from exhaustion. The star of 'Pavitra Rishta' fame is currently doing the dance reality show on STAR Plus Zara Nach Ke Dikha.

Our sources say it was because he had overworked himself. Sushant shot every day for around 12 hours for Pavitra Rishta and then went for dance practice at night. The stress levels were too much and his body couldn't cope up with all the strain though brave Sushant kept at it.

Sushant has been discharged and is recuperating at home. We spoke to him and he said, "I'm not very well. The doctor has advised me complete bed rest for more than three weeks but I'm not sure. Let's see. I've also been diagnosed with typhoid and stomach infection. I have to take several kinds of medicines and a lot of antibiotics."

When asked about his co-stars reactions he said, "Everybody has been there for me, supporting me. When I was admitted. Karan Kundra stayed with me in the hospital the whole night. And Ankita too came in the morning to see me.

Karan sure is popular and it's not only the audiences who will miss him. His co-stars too miss him and wish him luck. The captain for the boys' team on ZND, Ayush says, "Sushant bhaiyaa tum hamari team ki shaan ho?please bhaiyya jaldi theek ho jao, aur hamari team ko aapki zarurat hain..." Another co-star Kapil Nirmal said, "Get well soon mate, we all are missing you..."

Similar sentiments were shared by co-star, Siddhesh Pai. "Get well soon Sushant, don't worry take care of your health. You are great performer and I know when you will come back you will be excel with good remarks." Is his get-well soon message for Sushant.

We too wish him all the best and hope that he gets well soon!

Source: Indya.com
niveditha thumbnail

Actor-model Jay Soni, who plays the leading man, Ishaan, in Sasuraal Genda Phool on Star Plus, refused to participate in Zara Nachke Dikha, a celebrity dance reality show on the same channel that started last weekend.

Soni says that he didn't want to leave his new daily in a lurch to be part of the show.

"Zara Nachke Dikha requires a lot of time. The contestants have to rehearse a lot before the actual shoot. My daily is new and equally demanding. I opted to stay with the daily and participate in the dance show in the next season may be, if I am approached," he says.

Soni is a trained salsa dancer and also well equipped to perform B-boying and hip-hop.

"I did a 50-second act when I was called in to audition for Zara Nachke Dikha. The producers loved me, but I was clear that if I took on one more show, it would strain my life completely," points out Soni.

Meanwhile, he has been flooded with compliments for portraying the family-oriented chocolate boy Ishaan on Sasuraal Genda Phool, the 8.30 pm daily.

"A lady in my gym came up to me, congratulated me for the show and asked if I could meet her daughter who is of marriageable age. She wanted me to tell her daughter that guys like Ishaan actually exist so she agrees to start seeing probable grooms," he laughs.

MEANWHILE, ON THE SETS OF ZARA NACHKE DIKHA... While shooting for the Saturday episode, the show's Mother's Day special, contestant Sushant Singh Rajput broke down. He remembered his mum, who he lost back in 2002. He got teary-eyed seeing the other boys with their mothers on the show. So, Rajput's team Mastkalandar Boys, dedicated a performance to his mother and ended it with a picture of his mum holding him as a kid. Rajput later admitted that he hadn't even been to the house where his mum lived after she passed away.
However, Rajput, who plays Manav on Pavitra Rishta on Zee TV, is currently hospitalised because of stress, dehy- dration and high fever. His friends say that he hasn't been resting, with two shows and 18-hour workdays.

Hindustan Times

Edited by niveditha - 13 years ago
niveditha thumbnail

You did a vanishing act after Viraasat ended on Star Plus.
I was around, but not working. I travelled and spent a lot of time with my family. Actually, I just did- n't feel like working because I had been continuously working like a machine and felt sleep deprived.

There are too many new leading ladies on the scene. Threatened?
No, because people still love me and want me to come back.

Do you feel you made the most of your time when you were among the top leading ladies?
No. I still have to make some more. The kind of work I'm being offered now shows that a lot of people miss me on screen. My days are not over yet.

What happened to your movie debut, Bhanwra?
I don't know what is happening about it now. I completed my work on it long ago.

Zara Nachke Dikha features item-dancers like motor-mouth Rakhi Sawant. How do you get along with someone like her?
Everyone has his or her personality. I'm not on the show to make friends with Rakhi or anyone else. It's a challenge for me because I have hosted reality shows, but never participated in one. This is my chance. I love the concept too.

In the last season, when the boys lost to the girls, they couldn't handle their defeat.
The girls even in this season are more prepared because they are mentally strong.
We are at least not trying to prove that men are weak. I also have a father and brother at home. I can't go home and fight with them. All of us enjoy ourselves.

Hindustan Times