:) SURPRISE FOR DAYA FANS...MORE INFO ON HIM

Posted: 13 years ago

Sorry if posted b4....

I got it from a site where a person called Vipul posted this. Credit goes to him.

In His Words

DAYA HAS COME IN TODAY'S NEWSPAPERS!

There is an article about Daya in the additional sheet of Vijaya Karnataka Newspaper today(4th May 2010).
It is headed as:
CID DAYA
From Kinnigoli to SONY
.By Steven Rego.

(Kinnigoli is a place in Suburban Mangalore).
It is in Kannada and I would like to translate and post it.
It says:
The TV series whch has made History in Indian television is SONY Entertainment Television's CID.From the past 12 years CID is entertaining people.This serial consists of an ACP of CID and his officers in which Daya is one of them.This article is about him.
Daya alias Dayanand Shetty was born in 'Shimanthulu majaluguttu'of Kinnigoli in Dakshina Kannada district (Karnataka).He was grown up in Mumbai.And is a national level athlete in Shotput and discus.

How he became CID inspector
After his son's studies father Chandrashekar opened a restaurant in Kandivilli called 'Sandhya'.After the death of his father it was up to Daya to look after the hotel.It was this time when there was held an audition for a role of a Police officer in CID.Out of thousands of candidates Daya was selected.This was on 1 Jan. 1998.Daya says"I used to watch CID very seriously but I never thought I would get a chance to act in it.I was selected in the first attempt only They said 'you are selected for CID'.On that day there was no limit for my happiness".From that day onwards he was a fulltime inspector in CID.

Father is a gold medalist weightlifter
Daya's father Chandrashekar Shetty was a national level weightlifter from 1958 to 1965.He has also secured gold medals in national level weightlifting more than 8 times. He was working in the railways and was transferred from Kinnigoli to Mumbai and was settled there. At that time he was one of the world's top weightlifters. He wanted to participate in a world championship in Jakarta on behalf of the railways but was rejected by the railways as he was non-Marathi. Therefore he left working for the railways and was very sad about this until his very last moments. One of his relatives Mr.Pushparaj Shetty in Kinnigoli says "Dayanand is also a very good athlete. His father's tragedy and the politics in sports (as you can see the case of Lalit Modi recently) made him leave competing in sports events.Daya also met with an accident at that time and his leg was injured".

Mangalore is his life
Mangalore is like everything for Daya. Every year he comes to Mangalore and stays here for one or two weeks in his flat in Mulki (Mulki is a place in suburban Mangalore near Kinnigoli approximately 22 Kms.north from Mangalore).There is his mother Uma Shetty's house in Kinnigoli and every year he comes for a religious festival which takes place here.Now he lives in Kandivilli with his mother,wife and his daughter Viva.

Cinema,comedy series
Daya is currently acting in a comedy serial Gutar Gu in SAB TV(as neighbour).Daya has also acted in films such as 'Johnny Gaddar' in 2007 and in 'Runway' in 2009 as a police officer. He had also got a chance to act in a Tamil film but had to refuse as he was very busy. "I would like to act in any Kannada or Tulu film if any good role is available"Smilingly says Daya.

CID First
"CID is my first preference. There is a good role, much chance,everything is there.Shooting of one episode takes exactly 4 to 5 days to complete.In every way CID is best.But the film producers ask the dates,chance for a good role everything differs very much from CID"says Daya.

Originally posted by drilabh

Out of thousands of candidates Daya was selected.This was on 1 Jan. 1998.Daya says"I used to watch CID very seriously but I never thought I would get a chance to act in it.I was selected in the first attempt only They said 'you are selected for CID'.On that day there was no limit for my happiness".From that day onwards he was a fulltime inspector in CID.

So sweet. That day is a blessing for us fans as well Daya Sir.
thanx a lot for the info drilabh. God bless you๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by sneha_fighter - 13 years ago
thank you so much for the info drilabh.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
 Its really sad that his father had to struggle so much for being non-marathi otherwise I"m sure he could have been the world champion.๐Ÿ˜ญ
Anyways god bless daya and his family and our love and support for him is always there.๐Ÿค—
Daya is definitely a champ be it sports,acting or winning our hearts.I would give a huge credit to you Drilabh for posting it here,I really cherish the presence of Daya in CID and may we see him win our heartsโค๏ธ โค๏ธ for many more years to come
thank u soooooooooooo much buddy...u made my day...
Thanks for sharing information.
What ever place is best for you, you will land there. CID was waiting for him so he have to leave sports.
Wow nice to see more info about Daya...finally! Thanks drilabh ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Nice bit of info on Daya....Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Now is anyone on this earth going to get some similar info on Aditya Srivastav? PLEEASEEEE....

We don't know ANYTHING about him and his family. We know something about Shivaji Satam, we know something about Dayanand Shetty. But abolutely nothing about Aditya.
Yeah and I really want to know Adi Sir.