Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! - Page 12

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Haha southall? Southall his London's very own Mini India..you will find a lot of punjabis down there.
Without a doubt the best place to go in southall is 'jalebi junction'..they make fresh sizzling hot jalebis right in front of you..and oh my they're AMAZING! extremelyyyy sweet with LOTS of calories yet still..amazing! 😉

But I went to a popular chaat shop in southall recently..was so disappointed!
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Grr. 😡

I've not been to India for so long though.

Anyway, to me trips to Bombay are incomplete without

Gola - Kala Khatta flavor
Ganne ka rass
Bhutta
Vada Pav
Frankie
Pani Puri, Bhel Puri, Sev Puri
A nice Udipi meal
and for a touch of class Sizzlers at Yoko.

RTH I have a strange feeling you come from a place close to our house in Mumbai. 😛
Without completing that list..one's journey would be incomplete! althoug i'd like to add pav bhaji to the list too.

Ever since I was a kid I remember a little boy making fresh ganne ka juice outside our building..it's so refreshing! Kala khatta gola is my favourite too..I wish mum would let me try it again for some reason..she was always more in to gola with badam and all that healthy stuff 🤢

The bhutta's near chowpatty beach are amazing! When you go out for a walk late at night, there are lots of people making fresh bhutta and they taste great! I never had to go far when it comes to bhel puri, sev puri etc..there is a guy who comes to our building every day for the last 20 years and his bhel puri, sev puri etc is so tasty! For pani puri's elco's has always been my favourite and right outside gandhi market they do the most spiciest paani puris EVER!

I don't think i've heard of yoko's..however I did visit sachin tendulkar's restaurant in Mumbai..food was ok I guess. 😕

RTH you forgot kulfi too! Malai kulfi from the streets of Mumbai chopped up in to little pieces..absolutely freezing cold yet tastes great. My personal favourite will always be nariyal pani..and it's the only type of malai i'll ever eat and enjoy! 😛
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

RTH I have a strange feeling you come from a place close to our house in Mumbai. 😛
Without completing that list..one's journey would be incomplete! althoug i'd like to add pav bhaji to the list too.

Ever since I was a kid I remember a little boy making fresh ganne ka juice outside our building..it's so refreshing! Kala khatta gola is my favourite too..I wish mum would let me try it again for some reason..she was always more in to gola with badam and all that healthy stuff 🤢

The bhutta's near chowpatty beach are amazing! When you go out for a walk late at night, there are lots of people making fresh bhutta and they taste great! I never had to go far when it comes to bhel puri, sev puri etc..there is a guy who comes to our building every day for the last 20 years and his bhel puri, sev puri etc is so tasty! For pani puri's elco's has always been my favourite and right outside gandhi market they do the most spiciest paani puris EVER!

I don't think i've heard of yoko's..however I did visit sachin tendulkar's restaurant in Mumbai..food was ok I guess. 😕

RTH you forgot kulfi too! Malai kulfi from the streets of Mumbai chopped up in to little pieces..absolutely freezing cold yet tastes great. My personal favourite will always be nariyal pani..and it's the only type of malai i'll ever eat and enjoy! 😛

See like me you must not have thought that RTH might not care about germs but she might still not want to be left out when they list out the  the sexier  girls in her town... Now if she hogs according to our plan... she is going to add 30 pounds or so... Now that not a good idea for any girl/woman  to wear anything more than a size 6-8 dress.. right..?.😆.