Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Shehr-e-Mughliya ... Taj-e-Hindistan ... Delhi.

The Heart of Hope and Life ... the city of my birth ... 😊 ... shayaad kabhi bhi ISSE khafa na ho saku ... hmm ...

God bless Delhi.
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
chennai is fun

u go out in hot summers..run around eating road side khaana...and jump into beach...run into cafes with ac....with muddy jeans....and bike ur way to malls...come back home and a quick bath...awesomeness!

each area has its unique lovely features

having lived in the midwest..there are times when i yearn for heat...in the horrible winters.....the layers of clothing uggh!!! in chennai flying dupattas were fun..yahaan tou 4-5 layers in winter...what a difference
chal_phek_mat thumbnail

the heat did not suddenly appear since you left the country. There are crores of people who manage to survive through it every year

suck it up

That is what people around me tell me

Originally posted by: bandicoot

chennai is fun

u go out in hot summers..run around eating road side khaana...and jump into beach...run into cafes with ac....with muddy jeans....and bike ur way to malls...come back home and a quick bath...awesomeness!

each area has its unique lovely features

having lived in the midwest..there are times when i yearn for heat...in the horrible winters.....the layers of clothing uggh!!! in chennai flying dupattas were fun..yahaan tou 4-5 layers in winter...what a difference

I guess Chennai summers are different right? ... Tropical touch?

And I know what u could be feeling with snow all around .. I'm frm Sweden myself - so yeah.
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
umm I dont know..it is a coastal city...maybe that makes a difference perhaps..and Ive always lived enar beaches
SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Summers in Delhi suck big time!  I still visit during summers though because that is when I go to Dubai on my work tours.  Sneaking in a trip back home is lot more cheaper that way.

There's one plus point though - all those chiffon and cotton salwar kameezes available during summers make shopping a memorable experience. 😆 Spoken like a true Dilliwali!!!

I am going to Delhi in peak summer after almost 17 years. Mera Allah nigehbaan 😆 But then, it won't be too different from where I am right now except for the power cuts! I guess the food will compensate for all other sufferings!

Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

I am going to Delhi in peak summer after almost 17 years. Mera Allah nigehbaan 😆 But then, it won't be too different from where I am right now except for the power cuts! I guess the food will compensate for all other sufferings!

Powercuts depend on where you live in Delhi.... the food used to be much better ... except for the halwais near Jama ... the quality of food went down.

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ice-Thinker

Powercuts depend on where you live in Delhi.... the food used to be much better ... except for the halwais near Jama ... the quality of food went down. Even "ghantaghar"???

It's not bad where my parents are, but it does happen occasionally! As for food, I was thinking more about "maa ke haath ka khana" 😳 and mangoes 😍

Har jaga ka khana mein ab woh wala bat nahi raha yaar...

And yes... Ma ke haat ka khana ki to koi misaal nahi ...

Although I dont have my mom alive ... but my sister makes good food. She is married here in Delhi...

But then ... I still love the Halwais...

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

17 years!!! kyon.. tadipar kar diya kya?...😆......... you can even jump and romp singing "aisa des hai mera' song from veeer zaara....😆 Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago