Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! - Page 6

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Wow!  Visiting India during summers without any precautions --- is this the new sign of mardaangi or what πŸ˜†

I can't eat out when I go there during summers.  I enjoy the food during winters though.  But I am ALWAYS careful about the water. 
Was that directed at me?
Originally posted by debayon

Was that directed at me?

πŸ˜•

Give me one good reason why it should be directed at you?

πŸ˜•

Give me one good reason why it should be directed at you?

Because my post is directly above yours and you didn't quote anyone, and I'm going to India during the summers.

Anyways, my apologies if I offended you in any way.
Edited by debayon - 13 years ago

Wow!  Visiting India during summers without any precautions --- is this the new sign of mardaangi or what πŸ˜†  Sarina, what are you trying to prove here, babes?  Even middle middle class Indians stay away from the nal ka pani over there.

I can't eat out when I go there during summers.  I enjoy the food during winters though.  But I am ALWAYS careful about the water. 
If you are born in india or have born and lived there for few years you dont need to go overboard with precautions....mardon ki nishani hai woh....πŸ˜†  I didnt bother about water either... in mumbai.. may i was lucky.. but i am more practical most of the time...like i said earlier.. deo, hand sanitizer and some floss is all you need....
I went there for a summer when i was like 10...we went for a wedding so the festivities were really really fun and i made tons of friends! BUT it was so exausting and so dang hot! I loved going shopping but walking around was so tiring. For like half of the trip it was so boring! When the wedding was over we went back to my moms hoise an me and my brother were bored to death. Mainly because my cousins were way older than us and went to school so we were left with my grandparents, mom, and my mama and mami-ji. I think i spent most of that time in the one room thar has an AC πŸ˜†

Overall i think it was an amazing experience and fum when there was actually something to do or if we went somewhere or if people my age came over :)

i wanted to go again with my mom last winter but couldnt cause of school...it was my cousins wedding and i was so excited! :(.

Oh yeah! And before we went to india we had to get malaria shots and when we were there i had to drink bottled water. I drank regular tap water first but i got sick and threw up so i had to drink bottled water after that.

Since i was a kid i whined a lot about the flies, mosquitos, and the hot weather. I remember thar after a while i started to wear jeans so the flies wouldnt be on me πŸ˜†

i think if i was to go again, i would have much more fun :)
Buy lots of suits ( the kind i like for once! My mom didnt bring the types of suits i wanted) and spend more time sight-seeing than being stuck in the house.

Also i want to go in the winter next time...the summers there are getting unbearably hot. I'd go around jan-feb since it gets really dangerously foggy in december. Edited by Jess. - 13 years ago

Why would you need floss? πŸ˜†
 i am not sure its available freely.. back there....😊
Originally posted by qwertyesque

</div>
<div>
i am not sure its available freely.. back there....😊
But there is Vicco Bajardanti and Dabur Lal Manjan.

But there is Vicco Bajardanti and Dabur Lal Manjan.

For that, qwerty will have to buy that neela and safed lines wala ghutanna to get the look just rightπŸ˜†...with nara hanging out a la dada kondkey eshtyleπŸ˜†
Edited by Gauri_3 - 13 years ago

Wow!  Visiting India during summers without any precautions --- is this the new sign of mardaangi or what πŸ˜†  Sarina, what are you trying to prove here, babes?  Even middle middle class Indians stay away from the nal ka pani over there.

Yes, G. I'm trying to be all the man POH thinks me to be. πŸ˜›

No I am showing my Mumbaigiri, we Mumbaikars grow up digesting toxic waste. What is thoda nal ka paani. I like to believe I am bio-weapon proof.

Reminds me of a joke.

A US ambassador is bragging about all the sophisticated weaponry they have and how they will be pioneers in biological warfare. He mocks all the countries and asks what they can do in front of US might. The Indian ambassador says "All we can do is offer you a friendly glass of water".

@Mumbaikars - I've not eaten at Gypsy. But Gurukripa is the best chatpata street side snack place. I went to Ruia and spent all my time on the katta eating Idli dosa at Manis or Masala Pav at DP's (Durga Parmeshwar). Kings Circle has the best Udipi restaurants though. Then my favorite gola waala was at Five Gardens.
Originally posted by qwertyesque

If you are born in india or have born and lived there for few years you dont need to go overboard with precautions....mardon ki nishani hai woh....πŸ˜†  I didnt bother about water either... in mumbai.. may i was lucky.. but i am more practical most of the time...like i said earlier.. deo, hand sanitizer and some floss is all you need....

Taking precautions with water is no way going overboard, Qwerty!  I have lived in India long enough to develop a good immune system and a fairly strong stomach but I still refuse to take risks - especially the ones that my family over there does not take.  And they have been living there all this time. 

I still take my chances with gol gappas (pani poori for you maharashtriyans).  But I am very well aware of the risks of catering to my taste buds.  I refuse to do that when it comes to other things like barf ka gola or ice in the cold drinks.