Book Talk

Can anyone recommend any Romantic Comedy books?

-Nayab- thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi,

I recently read a romantic comedy and I enjoyed it so I was wondering if anyone could recommend any other books with both (mainly) Romance and (some) comedy in them?

Would really appreciate any suggestions 😆...

Thanks 😊...

Take Care

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovelife01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
heyy nayab...i love romantic comedies...i read confessions of a shopaholic..its a really funny book...(better than the movie)..n love overboard is a good book too...
which book did you read??

-nimisha-
whatsername thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
One day by david nicholls ( of 'starter for ten' fame ) is extermly intelligent and funny. It is romantic in an unconventional way. It is a extremly good read.

"Bridget Jones diaries" are meant to be pretty good in that genre.

Edited by Sunita182 - 13 years ago
-Nayab- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: luv_dmg_mjht

heyy nayab...i love romantic comedies...i read confessions of a shopaholic..its a really funny book...(better than the movie)..n love overboard is a good book too...
which book did you read??

-nimisha-

Hey Nimi 😃...

Hope you don't mind me calling you that 😊... Thanks for those suggestions 😛... I found Confessions of a Shopaholic the movie REALLY boring 😕... Will check out the book though... I find (mostly) the books are way better than the movie ðŸ˜†...

I read 'Natural Born Charmer' by Susan Elizabeth Phillips... The only reason I picked it up was because I thought it was a romance/love story but when I read it I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it... You should read it Tongue...

@Sunita... Thanks for the suggestions 😊...
lovelife01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
nayab-- hehe yeah you can call me nimi...but i know what you mean i dint like the movie as much cuz i was expecting it to be like the book i guess...but the book is funny(at least i thought it was :p) n you're right the books usually are wayyy better than the movies...
hmm..i'll look for that book...i just need to get thru my finals n then i have 3 months n nothing to do..books will help me survive those 3 months :p
btw im in the TVD forum too..you forgot me :( hehe jk..
anyway have fun readingg =]

-nimisha-
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I second the Bridget Jones Diaries. I can't think of any others at the moment though.
isomers thumbnail
I'm not much of a romantic comedy reader..but there is one book that I found hilarious! "Can you Keep a Secret" I can't remember the name of the author. But I would definitely recommend reading this book..it had me up the entire night. (=
-Nayab- thumbnail
@Nitya... Thanks 😃... Coincidentally, I read it yesterday 😆... Loved it... Really funny book 😆...
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Heyyy... my fav genre too! Read "The Undomestic Goddess", it's by the same author as the shopoholic series - Sophie Kinsella - but it's a standalone, and it's brilliant. Some laugh out loud moments and an overall good story, more to it than most rom-coms, and it plays out in your head like a movie. If you get a chance to read it, lemme know and we'll discuss in a thread! Also anything by Nick Hornby 😃
-Nayab- thumbnail
Hey Lola... Thanks 😃... I bought if a few days back but still haven't had a chance to read it 😆...

Will let you know once I have... Would love to discuss it 😛... Thanks for the Nick Hornby suggestion 😃...

Btw... Have you read 'Can You Keep a Secret?' and 'Remember me?' by Sophie Kinsella too?