Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Most welcome Nayab, can't wait to discuss! Yeah I read Remember Me, it's pretty good... same concept as Christina Applegate's show "Samantha Who?", so bcuz of that familiarity I preferred Undomestic Goddess. The other one I haven't read yet, any idea what it's about??
-Nayab- thumbnail
@Remember Me... Haven't read it yet... Wanna read it though... I thought that too (read the blurb 😆... Samantha Who's my fav show 😛...

@Can You Keep a Secret... I'm no good at summarizing 😆... So here's what I got from Amazon 😛...

Emma is sitting on a turbulent plane. She's always been a v. nervous flyer. She really thinks that this could be her last moment. So, naturally enough, she starts telling the man sitting next to her - quite a dishy American, but she's too frightened to notice -all her innermost secrets. How she scans the backs of intellectual books and pretends she's read them. How she does her hair up like Princess Leia in her bedroom. How she's not sure if she has a G-spot, and whether her boyfriend could find it anyway. How she feels like a fraud at work - everyone uses the word 'operational' all the time but she hasn't a due what it means. How the coffee at work is horrible. How she once threw a troublesome client file in the bin. If ever there was a bare soul, it's hers. She survives the flight, of course, and the next morning the famous founding boss of the whole mega corporation she works for is coming for a look at the UK branch. As he walks around, Emma looks up and realises...It's the man from the plane. What will he do with her secrets? He knows them all - but she doesn't know a single one of his. Or...does she?

It's really funny... You should read it 😆... I know I loved it 😛...
isomers thumbnail
for some reason, i couldn't get myself to finish reading "Remember Me?". I started the book and got well into the first 100 pages or so..and i was waiting for something to happen...i kept reading for like the next 5 and gave up. 🤔 Maybe because I read "Can you Keep A Secret?" and i expected alot from Remember me as well..and a fast pace.

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thx Nayab, def will!! Lol the set-up sounds kinda like Pyar To Hona Hi Tha 😆 A couple of non-Kinsella rom-coms that are on my to read list:

A Taste of Magic by Tracy Madison

Back Cover:
Elizabeth Stevens is one bite away from happiness.
Today is Elizabeth Stevens's birthday, and not only is it the one-year anniversary of her husband leaving her, it's also the day her bakery is required to make a cake--for her ex's next wedding. If there's a bitter taste in her mouth, no one can blame her.
But today, Liz is about to receive a gift. Her Grandma Verda isn't just wacky; she's a little witchy. An ancient gypsy magic has been passed through her family bloodline for generations, and it's Liz's turn to be empowered. Henceforth, everything she bakes will have a dash of delight and a pinch of wishes-can-come-true. From her hunky policeman neighbor, to her gorgeous personal trainer, to her bum of an ex-husband, everyone Liz knows is going to taste her power. Revenge is sweet...and it's only the first dish to be served.

The Overnight Socialite by Bridie Clark
This one's basically a grown-up version of She's All That. Remember that movie 😆

Will see what else I come across and let you know 😃

-Nayab- thumbnail
@Lola... Those two books sound great... Will definitely give them a try... Yeah I remember She's All That 😛... One of my fav. movies 😛... I know it's a typical 'teen' movie but I love storylines like that 😆...

SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series is great.It is mainly romance and have some comedy too!But detailed love scenes.

Susan Elizabeth Philips is quite good though it been a long time since I read any of hers.

Nina Bangs writes Paranormal romances if u like that genre and her books are hilarious
-Nayab- thumbnail
Originally posted by: SPN_JD_Addicted

Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series is great.It is mainly romance and have some comedy too!But detailed love scenes.

Susan Elizabeth Philips is quite good though it been a long time since I read any of hers.

Nina Bangs writes Paranormal romances if u like that genre and her books are hilarious

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions 😃... Yeah I read JQ's 'It's In Hiss Kiss'... Loved it! 😆... But then I realised it was a series (and I'd read the last one 😆)... So, it spoiled the other ones for me... Haven't read those...

I've read SEP's 'Natural Born Charmer' it was HILARIOUS! 🤣... She's the reason I got into the Romantic Comedy genre (for books)... I've asked my library for the others... Still waiting 😛...

Haven't heard of Nina Bangs... But will surely check her out 😆...

Thanks 😃...
SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nayab,It's in his kiss was one of her weakest books in that series.U def have to read The Duke and I,The Viscount who loved me and Romancing Mr.Bridgerton.Romancing Mr.Bridgerton is supposed to be the best book of the series.Do read those.
-Nayab- thumbnail
Originally posted by: SPN_JD_Addicted

Nayab,It's in his kiss was one of her weakest books in that series.U def have to read The Duke and I,The Viscount who loved me and Romancing Mr.Bridgerton.Romancing Mr.Bridgerton is supposed to be the best book of the series.Do read those.

Really? I really enjoyed it... But then I haven't read the others... So I don't have anything to compare it to... Will definitely give those a try 😛...

Thanks 😃
chan.barbie thumbnail
shopaholic,princess diaries,it girl.....read meg cabot buks de r all funny......n if ur an indian....read now dat ur rich lets fall in love......,d zoyz factor......n 2 states.....