muaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Sakshi goes down memory lane

Sakshi Tanwar was our beloved Parvati in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. A veteran of the STAR Parivaar Awards (she's won almost everything at least once), she's happy to be a part of SPA this year too. She spoke about her memories of the first awards show, her association with STAR and, of course, those magical eight years that she played one of the best roles on television.

Can you recollect your fist SPA experience?
Yes, I remember it well. I won an award (I don't remember which one because I have won every award: Best bhabhi, bahu, biwi!). When the STAR Parivaar Awards were announced, the artistes were very excited that we were having something like this, especially with a channel as big as STAR Plus. The awards were like a huge social gathering and we met people we otherwise rarely did because of our busy schedules.
What explains the success of STAR Parivaar Awards?
That fact that the shows on STAR are so popular, and and being run so successfully. STAR has its loyal band of viewers who have faith in its shows, and they've consistently been watching the awards. In all these years new people have arrived and old people have gone but SPA has given every sadasya a chance to reunite though this award.

What's the best part about SPA?
It's exclusive. And the organizers arrange it very well.

Have you noticed changing trends over the years?
I don't think STAR Parivaar has changed, or needs to. The channel still has family oriented shows, and SPA is a reflection of that. I suppose one thing that's changed are the faces, and they are all such great talents.

So what are you performing to this year?
I can't reveal that!

Do you miss being a part of STAR?
Of course! And I miss those days of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii a lot. Few shows anywhere in the world run successfully for eight years.

So do you think the show could have run even longer?
If the audience had wanted it to go on, I suppose it would have.

Were you offered similar roles?
Yes, but I don't want to do it over again. Many housewives still know me as Parvati. I wanted to come out of the character and do something different.

Have you met any fans recently who still want to see you as Parvati?
So many! They come up to me and say: "We miss Parvati and watching Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii... I get fan mail and letters and usually they all are housewives.

Is there a show you want to do on STAR Plus now?
I am concentrating on Crime Patrol and Ballika Vadhu but if something interesting comes in my way I will surely do it

Do you watch any of the shows now?
When I get chance, but usually I am busy shooting.

Which character on television today do you like the most?
I have not seen many shows but I have seen a few episodes of Bidaai. I like both the sisters, Ragini and Sadhna.

Edited by muaaz - 13 years ago