Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
To those who have read 'And then there were none'...who really liked the characters of Lombard and Vera...all their interactions were so interesting. I wish to discuss this book with someone. :) Also, if anyone's read Sad Cypress by AC, then I wish to discuss that as well. So do get back to me if any of you have read it.
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
My favourite Agatha Christie Book is: 

And then there were none! its the most awesome book by her ever!
Ann_92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i love all her books esp poirot and tuppence series

and thentheere were none was awesum..i still get chills 
-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
The first I read of Agatha Christie was 'The Murder of Roger Ackroyd' and it is supposed to be her best...But I have always loved 'The man in the brown suit!' ...Dont know why...The romance and the thrill and the drama in that novel, along with a bit 'Unagatha' like Character being the main heroine being young and beautiful and intelligent and a basic adventuress ...as well as Harry and also the character of the main villain...I just loved all them...not to forget the Major and Anne's friend and every character associated with her...I loved it!
angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
A Murder is Announced .. for the simple reason that it was my first book by Agatha Christie..

She does have many fab books some of them being, Why didnt they ask Evans ? The blue geranium, Murder on the orient express, Cards on the table...
MairaKhan1180 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
For me, it's "Ten Little Indians"
atikna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I have loved agatha christies books

but now when i read the books she has written under the pen name of mary , i can'tdo anything but bow to this genius

absent in spring, giant, a daughter's daughter are study of human nature in themselves.

i would recommend all mystery lovers to read these books to discover the romantic side of Agatha Christie
Most of these books are in a way bitter sweet romances

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: atikna

I have loved agatha christies books

but now when i read the books she has written under the pen name of mary , i can'tdo anything but bow to this genius

absent in spring, giant, a daughter's daughter are study of human nature in themselves.

i would recommend all mystery lovers to read these books to discover the romantic side of Agatha Christie
Most of these books are in a way bitter sweet romances

Wow! You have no idea how glad I am to find someone who thinks EXACTLY like me about her books! Yes, I have read all her romantic novels (the ones she wrote under the pseudonym Mary Westmacott) and yes these books are a deep study of human nature...Absent in the spring, The Rose and the Yew tree, The unfinished portrait and Sad Cypress have become my fav novels of all time.
You know, it amazes me that someone who is called the 'The queen of crime' and detective fiction can so deliciously weave romance in her plots. I do love her ability to make the reader guess endlessly about who's the murderer...but what I really love about her books are her life like characters and her love stories. Yes, you are right...there is a bittersweet quality about almost all of her love stories...so many examples...Elinor and Roddy from Sad Cypress...Caroline and her husband from Five little pigs...Vera and Lombard from ATTWN...the love triangle of Linnet-Simon-Jackie...the list is endless.
I too recommend all AC lovers to try and read the 6 novels she wrote as Mary...they're beautifully painted portraits of the human psyche.