Are you disappointed?

-Nayab- thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi,

I read an article a while back which said that the Vampire Diaries show is only based (very) loosely on the books...

That got me thinking... For those of you who have read the books... Are you disappointed that the show doesn't follow them a lot more in terms of their storylines/couples etc?

Which storyline/scene in particular (from the books) would you have liked to see?

Would love to hear your comments 😊...

Take Care
Edited by -Nayab- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i read part of book 1....and i have to say i was more disappointed in the books lol...maybe cuz i ddnt read them all...but i thought the show was much better....maybe members who have read the book might think otherwise?
Salz. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well i like the books and movies in different ways.
guys you have to remember the books are old..in the 90's some the sutff was cool and not so cool today.

i think of them as different specimens and dont compare them..like i would compare the Hp books and movies
guju_girl1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well for once I am NOT dissapointed!!
Ususally the books are better but not this time!
The show is AMAZING and I've read the books though they are good I have to say the the show is better!!! no offence to book fans! I think the show story line is better than the book!!

(I like the way the show has more of Damon! the books barely show the guy!)

>333 Shraddha!!!
Edited by guju_girl1 - 13 years ago
well.. i havent read the boooks but im pretty sure the shows better.
just like GG, the show is very loosely based  on the book..
just the same names, and some attributes, and thats about it.
i like thats its different.
sabet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Actually, this is only Season 1 and I like the show but still we have to wait for the upcoming seasons to compare the books and show which one is better.For me, I like the both but watch them in different point of view.

Edited by sabet - 13 years ago
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
what about the characters? ive heard some members talk about how the characters are so different....is it a good thing or a bad thing in your view?
guju_girl1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rachu_1987

what about the characters? ive heard some members talk about how the characters are so different....is it a good thing or a bad thing in your view?

ohh ya good question!!

Matt is exactly the same from the books!! Jeremy doesn't exist in the books so can't really say that! Umm Caroline is much nicer in the show so I likse her better in the show  and Stefan is mostly  the same I think he is a bit more laid back in the show so love him in the show! And LOVE Damon in the show!! like I said before there isn't much to judge him from in the books!! But mostly I like Elena in the show better cause she is a COMPLETELY different person in the show she is much nicer, more normal and I guess Nina just plays her character REALLY well!! So pverall I think the Cast in th show is MUCH better than the books!!

(whew that was a long post lozzz😆)

>333 Shraddha

Payal25 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Actually Im NOT disappointed.
I like how they changed up characters and added different elements to the show. It just makes it more interesting! 😃
-dhruvi thumbnail
NOT DISSPOINTED. For them to convert the books in the show. The changes they took were very ness. if they want the show to do good. I agree on most character changes and storyline changes as well. I look and love both things for various diff reasons. There are things in the books that come out better than the show and vise versa.

The thing that I like the most with this changes... well the changes. I like that they can shock me! I mean as good as it to know the books, I don't always want to know how things end and what happens. I really love the shockers the most. It's nice to know that I don't know everything to TVD as weird as that may sound...

But again, there are things that were in the book that I deff want to see in the show an hope they will one day (ahem: Bamon bathub).

Regardless love both.