Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

snowwhite30 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

source- http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=6845

Rajat Tokas back to Star Plus with Balaji's 'Tere Liye'

Rajat Tokas, who got popular as young Prithviraj Chauhan is back to Star Plus with Balaji Telefilms' upcoming show Tere Liye..

Edited by snowwhite30 - 13 years ago
snowwhite30 thumbnail

source- http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=6823

Devarsh to play young Harshad in Tere Liye

Child actor Devarsh Thakkar has been finalized to play the younger version of Harshad Chopra's character in Balaji's upcoming show Tere Liye on Star Plus.

snowwhite30 thumbnail

source- http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=6895

Neha Saxena in Balaji Telefilms' Tere Liye..

Neha Saxena who was last seen in Sajan Ghar Jaana Hai will play the parallel lead in Star Plus' Tere Liye..

SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I am very much committed and engaged' but only to my work

New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) Television actor Harshad Chopra may have made his mark playing the loverboy on screen but in real life he says he is "committed and engaged" ' but only to his work.
"There's no love in my personal life. I am very much committed and engaged' but only to my work right now. This is definitely not the time to entertain personal love," Harshad told IANS on phone from Mumbai.

"If I get into a relationship now, I know there will be several complaints and resentments and that's the last thing I would ever want from someone I love," he added.

Harshad made his acting debut in a negative role in Zee TV's show "Mamta". But he was noticed as Cadet Ali Baig in "Left Right Left" and later seen in Sony TV's "Amber Dhara".

He was last seen in "Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil" and is now returning to the small screen after a short break with "Taryay Liyay", which is also a Balaji Telefilms production for STAR Plus.

Once again, he plays an emotional and reserved loverboy. But he has no problems about being typecast.

"I have tried to do different characters with each project. In 'Left Right Left', I played a very innocent and straight character and in 'Amber Dhara', I played a larger than life role. But romantic characters always appeal to a larger audience," he said.

The 27-year-old hails from a small town Gondia in Maharashtra and has not let instant stardom go to his head. He is quite intimidated with the expectations his audience has from him with "Taryay Liyay", starting June 14.

"Till 'Amber Dhara', I was still learning about everything. But with 'Kis Desh'', everyone noticed me. Everyone has a perception about me as Prem, my character from that show and it is frightful to see how the audience's expectations from me have risen so high," he said.

"'Taryay Liyay' is a big project. It is being talked about, people are excited and I don't want criticism for it. I am putting in my best. People feel things are easy, but now is the time when it's getting difficult by the day," added Harshad in a nervous tone.

He added: "I have a long way to go. I have just started and there's a lot more I need to do as an actor."

source:http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/im-committedjust-to-my-work-harshad-chopra_100377092.html
Edited by Ashlesha09 - 13 years ago
SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Hottest men of STAR Plus

For 10 years, the STAR Parivaar has seen its family grow. They have been entertaining the audiences for years and have managed to win thousands of hearts, some through their acting skills, others with their personality and handsome look. We take a look at some of the hottest personalities of the family.

Prem (Harshad Chopra)
His claim to fame was the romantic character Prem in Kis Des Main Hain Mera Dil, slowly he became the heartthrob of television by playing this character and now he plays a new definition of love ' Anurag, in his new show.

-Anusha- thumbnail

Ekta Kapoor remains Queen of Television at 35

As Ekta Kapoor turns 35 today, let's take a trip down memory lane and see what makes her the Queen of television. There is no doubt that Ekta and her company Balaji Telefilms are a big name in the television industry. Some would even go ahead to say that Ekta is the reason that the homes of many are running smoothly.

Currently she is busy organising her new show Tere Liye on Star Plus. The new trailers have already begun bombarding the television screens screaming out loud about 'Anurag' and 'Taani's' love story. Very soon they will become a part of our lives like all the others have in the past.

Very often in random conversation you would mention a 'Tulsi' or 'Parvati' and 'Mihir' like they were always a part of your family. She created names like 'Sujal', 'Kashish', etc. and they soon became the actor's identity. Till date many refer Smriti Irani as 'Tulsi', Sakshi Tanwar as 'Parvati' and Rajeev Khandelwal as 'Sujal'.

That's the kind of magic Ekta created with her daily soaps. No one saw it coming but Ekta came, saw and conquered the television industry with the blink of an eye. Surely many tried to ape her ways and pattern but not many could capture the market that she by then solely dominated.

There may have been many instances when viewers sit before the television and complain that Ekta is all about marriages and extramarital affairs. Truly Ekta has been a sucker for love stories and high drama which includes marriages, extra marital affairs, tragic accidents leading to death and a sudden reincarnation with a new face and identity; but then who doesn't like high pitched drama?

Ekta Kapoor was the first one to add all the mirch masala into the daily soaps. In other words, make it into a small film in itself with songs and glamorous vamps. She took great care in defining the character of the vamps and villains.

Ekta even made the clothes (read saris) her characters wore popular, and the retailers benefited as people flocked in to buy 'Kumkum' and 'Kamolika' saris and various attires.

Ekta Kapoor had started her stint at the age of 17 with the hit comedy show Hum Paanch which was then rated among the top charts. One of her earlier shows included Mano Ya Na Mano.

She has managed to feel the pulse of the masses and the latest trends. It was true that Ekta was very particular about naming all her serials with the letter 'K' but lately she has begun experimenting with other alphabets.

Her latest television soaps include Tere Liye, Pavitra Rishta, etc.

In addition to all this Ekta also produces films, some of which have starred her actor brother Tusshar Kapoor. Ekta's latest film, Love Sex Aur Dhoka directed by Dibankar Banerjee received rave reviews.

Clearly these are just a few feathers on her hat. Ekta plans to do a lot more and there would be no stopping her.

Do you think Ekta still has it in her? Have your say.

Source :http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ekta-kapoor-still-the-reigning-queen-of-television-at-35/123340-44.html?from=tn

-Anusha- thumbnail

Ekta's new serial teaches how to love

Ekta Kapoor is back in action again with Star Plus and Balaji Telefilms after a period of two years. Her new serial with Star Plus is 'Tere Liye'. The show stars Harshad Chopra of 'Kis Des Mein Hai Meraa Dil' and Anupriya who was also seen in 'Mile Jab Hum Tum'.

Ekta says, "I'm coming back to my audience with Star Plus and Balaji yet again. The show is all about the intense journey as well as the discovery of love. This particular love story is unlike any that the viewers have seen on Indian television ever."

"My audience will really learn how to love and will definitely relate to the story. And that a promise! The story is not a love story in the true sense, rather, it is a story of love and the way love changes with time." adds Ekta.

So were you inspired by any such stories before? " Frankly speaking, it's about everyone and not only me that I am inspired by. But yes, it did take me back in time and can be considered to be a tribute to my wonder years." Ekta is back on Star Plus after the legendary show 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' went off air.

Let's now see what she can do with 'Tere Liye'.

http://expressbuzz.com/entertainment/television/ektas-new-serial-teaches-how-to-love/179413.html

-Anusha- thumbnail

Kailash Kher lends voice for Balaji's Tere Liye

On Tuesday afternoon Balaji Telefilms unveiled its new TV show Tere Liye at a press conference in a western suburb hotel. The show is an epic love story about Anurag and Taani which will be portrayed by the heart throb of television Harshad Chopra along with the very young Anupriya Kapoor.

The show will try to capture the nuances of love at every stage of life. Balaji is known to have a good ear for music and has always maintained that the title tracks of its shows should be a hit with the masses. This time too, the television genius Ekta Kapoor has chosen the musical Sufi master to lend his voice to the title track of her latest show. Kailash Kher has sung the title track of the show in his sizzling Sufi voice. Kailash is known to be a singer that puts a lot of soul into his songs and he has done justice to the track this time round too.

Ekta says that Tere Liye is very close to her heart and a part of her as well. The show will go on air from 14th June at 10 P.M. on Star Plus. We are sure that the audiences will eagerly be waiting to watch what Ekta has in store for them now!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2010/kailash-kher-balaji-030610.html

-Anusha- thumbnail

Ekta Kapoor hunting for new faces on net

Ekta Kapoor is the lady who has changed many lives by picking out people from nowhere. Your picture could be pasted on a wall or on the wall of your Facebook, Twitter, and other Social Networking Sites. If you haven't registered for any one of them, do so now because Television's Czarina is on the prowl again. Kapoor is finding it hard to choose the lead for her upcoming Star Plus show Tere Liye.

Buzz up!
Ekta Kapoor's new show Tere Liye on Star Plus is touted to be a romantic saga and something that will become a talking point for the Indian audience very soon. The woman, who has created historic characters like Sujal-Kashish, Om-Parvati, Tulsi-Mihir on television, is on a lead hunt to find the next couple Taani and Anurag.

Apparently, a team of eight members are investing night and day surfing through profiles of young and fresh faces, age group 18-25 on all social networking sites (facebook, orkut) to hunt for the leads that can portray Taani and Anurag.

So if you are on these social networking sites and make the cut, you could be the lucky one. Wait and watch. If you aren't then better register now. However, there's on big question. How will Kapoor see your profile? For that, she needs to accept your friendship request. But Miss Kapoor's account is full. Nevertheless, try your luck.

Harshad Chopra is tipped to play the lead in this show.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news/2010/ekta-tere-liye-250510.html