|| *Tere Liye Articles Corner (No Comments)* || - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago

Chand Chupa Baadal Mein
Chand Chupa Baadal Mein is the soap opera Queen ' Ekta Kapoor's come back show which will soon be aired on STAR Plus in a prime time slot. Apparently it is going to be a romantic family drama.

Auditions to select the star cast were held in many places all over India. The show will be a break for many new faces and the viewers can hope to witness some young fresh talent. There is also a buzz that Harshad Chopra of Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil fame will be playing the main lead but nothing has been finalized yet.

Ekta is going to be very busy this summer with the upcoming shows. It is also interesting to note that Ekta has left her fixation for the alphabet 'K' behind. Besides 'Keshav Pandit' which will go on air on Zee TV, none of her new serials start with the "auspicious" letter K.

Source:Indya.com

Harshad Chopra snubs Balaji show?

Harshad Chopra was an unknown commodity until he took up Balaji Telefilms Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil. The show gave him name and fame and everything he could have asked for. Fans were really disappointed when the show came to an end. Since then, viewers have been waiting with bated breadth to see the actor again.

A few days back, it was buzzed that Harshad Chopra will return with Balaji Telefilms' upcoming show on Star Plus. Rumour has it that the actor may now not figure in the show. Surprisingly, it's buzzed that the actor himself has snubbed this Balaji show.

"Harshad became a star with Kis desh mein hai meraa dil. Keeping his popularity in mind and demands from fans, Balaji wanted him in the new show. But it looks like the actor is not interested. He's said to be non committal about this project. Perhaps, he must have got some other offer. While no reason has come out, it is learnt that the actor doesn't want to work," said a source.

We tried contacting Chopra and even sent him a text message but he didn't reply. Well, Balaji or no Balaji, Chopra's fans don't care about the production. All they want is their favourite actor to return soon.

-Mayur Lookhar/
Tellycafe.com

http://www.tellycafe.sampurn.com/index.php?action=pg_view&id=2667&parentid=4

Edited by -Anusha- - 13 years ago
Why did Harshad Chopra decline Balaji?zz

Harshad ChopraofKis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dilfame will return with Balaji Telefilms' upcoming show onSTAR Plus.

More onKis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil:Discuss here|Watch full episodes

Rumour has it that the actor may now not figure in the show. Surprisingly, rumours are strong that the actor himself has snubbed this Balaji show.

An Indya source tells us that "Harshad became a star withKis desh mein hai meraa dil, keeping his popularity in mind and demands from his fans, Balaji wanted him in a new show. But it looks like the actor is not interested. He's said to be non committal about this project. Perhaps, he must have got some other offer. While no reason has come out, it is learnt that the actor doesn't want to work."

About this offer Harshad Chopra said that, "I had got an offer from Ekta but talks are still going on and it's too early to start work because I want to concentrate with my family members and I want to groom myself. If I get a good role then I will accept it. I am happy that Additi is back withZara Nachke Dikhaand I hope that she will do well."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Why-did-Harshad-decline-Balaji&xfile=2010/April/News_20100414_58

STAR Parivaar Awards is back again to continue their successful run of celebrating and recognising the best performers on television. Let's take a look back at some of the good, better and best moments of the years gone by.

Showing 7 of 7 images     Previous   Next

Prem-Heer's performance in 2009
One of the favourite jodis of STAR Parivaar performed to medley songs. Both looked adorable and performed also to the song Phir Milenge Chalte Chalte (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi). They also dressed like Helen and Shammi Kapoor as they frolicked to the song Oh Haseena.

http://www.starplus.in/spa2010/features.aspx?p=Best-performances-of-SPA&aid=283&Page=7
http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/503-taryay-liyay-inspired-by-tere-naam.html 

Tere Liye inspired from Tere Naam

Salman Khan and Harshad Chopda

"You've never seen such a love story before," Ekta Kapoor made a promise at the press conference of her soon-to-be-launched show Taryay Liyay.

While that might be true, but how can an Indian TV soap not have any traces of a Bollywood film. The buzz goes that one or two element of the show is inspired by the Salman Khan starrer 2003 blockbuster Tere Naam.

The very first footage of Taryay Liyay will show Anurag (Harshad Chopda) in a mental hospital. From thereon, it will be revealed as to how Chopda got into this situation. The clock will be turned back and Anurag and Tanni will be shown as childhood friends.

So, is it that our boy has landed into mental hospital after being assaulted by goons, as it happened in the film?

"No, the only common factor between the film and the show is the boy landing in a mental hospital. But Anurag landing here is a result of his own sins. He falls in love with Tanni but breaks her heart by falling for another girl. This girl then dumps him. He is left totally shattered. A distraught Anurag is unable to bear this trauma and loses his mental stability. The search for the other girl is still on. The initial episodes will feature the kids," said a source.

We sent a text meesage each to Harshad Chopda and Anupriya Kapoor but neither of them replied to it.

Taryay Liyay goes on air on 14 June at 10.00pm on Star Plus
Edited by Ashlesha09 - 13 years ago

http://beta.thehindu.com/arts/radio-and-tv/article451891.ece

On the right side!

Anuj Kumar
Harshad Chopra.

After making girls swoon over his character Prem in "Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil", Harshad Chopra is back with the Balaji team for its latest production "Tere Liye" on Star Plus. Starting his career with "Left Right Left", Harshad was also noticed for his role in "Amber Dhara" but the series was taken off air midway. As is mostly the case on television, things turned around for the young actor when Ekta Kapoor took him under her wing. The much talked about love story, "Tere Liye", has Harshad and Anupriya Kapoor in the lead roles of Anuraag and Tani. The serial starts June 14.

Excerpts from an interview with Harshad:

How is Anurag different from Prem?

Prem knew everything about love, and what sacrifices and devotion the feeling demands. "Tere Liye" tracks the entire life span of Anurag. So you will get to see how Anurag is introduced to love, understands the feelings, makes mistakes in love and then redeems himself. You can say it is much more fleshed out.

Kolkata is a novel destination for a Hindi television serial

Indeed. My producer felt that Kolkata is the only metro city where you can still feel the old world romance. She is right. I can literally feel love in the air in the city. Right now the childhood track is being shot in the city. I am waiting for my part to begin.

It is being said that you are the new blue-eyed boy of Ekta Kapoor…

I can't be the blue-eyed boy of anybody. The colour of my eyes is brown! I don't know if I was the first choice for the role, but I am glad that I am her final choice for the role.

Could one say It seems Ekta is trying to build a Mihir and Sujal kind of aura around you?

The Mihir and Sujal kind of following can never be repeated. They became popular when daily soaps were a new commodity on television. Now everything Anurag does will be compared with what Mihir and Sujal had done.

Is television too taxing for young actors as by in some sense misusing misuses their desperation to get noticed?

It depends on the individual. When a series becomes successful the media focus mostly shifts to the young actor. So the producer doesn't get any extra mileage. But after a point the actor becomes unaffordable for the producer so the two part ways. Perhaps that is why there is always a demand for newcomers in dailies. Senior actors will keep on coming for special appearances.

Then it depends on how you plan. After I worked non-stop for four-and-a-half years, I felt I needed a break. I didn't take a new offer for four months and now I am back to work refreshed. I don't accept reality shows, though they are less taxing and a means to make quick money, because I don't relate with them.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/Kiss---make-up/631058/

Kiss & make up

Priyanko Sarkar, Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 1507 hrs IST

Star Plus-Ekta Kapoor court each other after hauling each other to court in 2008
They successfully changed the rules of the game in the television industry when they first came together in 2000. Now, after an acrimonious two-year wait, Star Plus and Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms are coming back with a new show called Tere Liye.

From Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii to Kyunki ... Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi to Kasauti Zindagi Kay to Kaahin Toh Hoga, the Balaji-Star Plus combination has given the small screen iconic couples from these shows in the form of Sujal-Kashish, Om-Parvati and Mihir-Tulsi. The agreement between the two was that Balaji would not produce any show for a rival channel while Star Plus would screen all Balaji's shows on prime-time. Relationships went sour after both parties backed out of the agreement. Star India CEO Uday Shankar admitted as much and said, "Our earlier agreement had imposed a forced discipline on our partnership wherein Balaji could do primetime shows only for Star Plus. But there are no new clichs attached to our new relationship."

Ekta Kapoor, who had gone to the Bombay High Court challenging Star Group's decision to terminate the longest-running daily soap Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi before it's contractual date made light of the issue saying, "My writers also take me to court and then we start working together again."

Emphasising that the relationship was back on track, Kapoor said, "Ten years ago, I got my identity with Star Plus. But change is the only constant in life. Ups and downs are an important part in one's life, but we've put everything behind us now." She refused to be speak on the topic anymore and said, "When you sit down with your family, you don't talk about a fight you had two years ago."

Commenting on the 10 pm slot fixed for Tere Liye, Shankar said, "The 10 pm slot has a lot of history to it. It has always been Ekta's slot so it was only natural for her to have it back." Ekta said that after a long gap, she has given a part of her to a show. "The story is about the realisation of love at 16. We've had love stories about children and adults but not teenagers. Tere Liye showcases the agony of having the first pimple, shaving for the first time, celebrating Valentine's Day in college etc. I have the story in my mind, but not the script. It is my tribute to the wonder years," she said. Shankar said that the show was a test for other Balaji shows to roll on the Star Network. "We have a partnership, not a tie-up with Balaji Telefilms. There are plans to screen a couple of other shows from Ekta's production house across the Star Network." Ekta, too, seemed happy at the prospect. "Star launches more hit channels than I launch soaps. It's great to be associated with the Network." The show is set against the backdrop of Bengal, a place that Ekta Kapoor describes as having a pace of its own.

"The trams, the addas and the aspirations of the people there compelled me to set the show in Bengal," she said. Kapoor said that there was no business decision to set the show in Bengal. "I like the charm, innonence and beauty of Kolkata. I'm not targetting the Bengal crowd with this show. If I wanted to do that, I'd set the show in Bihar considering they comprise the largest audience base," she said.

Tere Liye is a love story about two soulmates who are separated by circumstances and subsequently reunited by their love. Anupriya Kapoor, who plays Tani and Harshad Chopra who plays Anuraag, form the lead pair of the show. The show premieres on June 14 at 10 pm on Star Plus and will run from Monday to Friday. Sabki Laadli Bebo, which currently airs at 10 pm, will shift to the 6.30 pm slot.

Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago

Ekta's fresh start with Star

June 12th, 2010
Ekta's fresh start with Star

Q Star seems to have rolled out a red carpet for you. How does it feel to be back on the channel after a not-so-happy exit two years ago?
My relationship with Star is a special one. It goes back to 2000 and it was the turning point of my life and career. It gave me my identity and standing as producer. Every relationship goes through ups and downs, but it's important to realise each other's strength. That's what we have done and I am happy to be back on Star's prime time.

Q Is it a homecoming or a new beginning?
I think it is both. I am much happier and as a person and also more mature. It's a happy homecoming as well as a new beginning because I am starting afresh and Star Plus is also changing.

Q But you didn't have a happy exit. You even went to court to save your flagship show Kyunki.
I didn't go to court but my company went. It was a fight between two organisations which didn't affect our personal relationship. I also fight with my writers and directors. Some times we part ways, but join hands again and work. Any relationship needs to reinvent and validate. We went through a rough patch, but we are back together again.
Q Is Tere Liye just a love story or will it turn into a family drama?
No, it is a pure and simple love story. It is about the journey of love which begins at 17 and remains till the end. It explores many nuances of love. Love doesn't come with an expiry date. It changes over a period of time, but it remains.

Q Is it true that after a long time you are personally supervising scriptwriting for this show?
Yes, I am putting in a lot of effort and looking into every detail.

Q Why have you chosen Bengali backdrop for the show?
I love Kolkata. The middle class life that's so rooted in culture and academics is quite inspiring. Of course businesswise, it is not the right place to base the show in because of competition from regional channels.

Q New faces are preferred for love stories. But you have opted for an overexposed actor for the male lead. Why?
Harshad Chopra is a good actor and Anupriya is a newcomer. But what we were looking for was perfect chemistry between the two which worked for us.

A. L. C