|| *Tere Liye Articles Corner (No Comments)* || - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
Roosha Bags TV Role!

AMRITA ROYCHOUDHURY , TNN, Jun 13, 2010, 12.00am IST

Roosha Chatterjee

She plays Lolita's (Ritabhari Chakraborty) doting sister, Labonyo, in the megaserial, Ogo Bodhu Sundori. But not for long.

Roosha Chatterjee has already packed her bags and left for Mumbai. The actor got an offer to play the protagonist's elder sister in the forthcoming Hindi serial, Tere Liye, on a national channel. Talking about the offer, an upbeat Roosha says, "I got this offer suddenly from Ekta Kapoor's production house a few days back which I grabbed without thinking twice. They saw a couple of episodes of OBS and liked me for the role. I went for the screen test that happened in Kolkata and got selected. This, I consider, as a great stepping stone for my career."

The actor is currently househunting in Mumbai. "My mom will stay with me for now," informs Roosha. And what about OBS? Wasn't it difficult calling the show quits? "My dad had to speak to the unit of OBS. If I get a short break from the shooting schedule of TL, I might go back to Kolkata and shoot a couple of episodes there and then return," says Roosha, adding that co-stars Ritabhari, Rajdeep are all very happy about her big break. "They kept telling me that they are going to miss me, yet this is the best offer that I could get sitting in Kolkata." And if she grabs a better offer than this in Mumbai, will she consider staying back or returning to Kolkata? "Mumbai, no doubt, is a city of professionals. It is an ideal place to build your career. So, I will stay back and do just that," Roosha says with finality. All's well that ends well.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Regional/News-Interviews/Roosha-bags-TV-show/articleshow/6041383.cms
Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago

Star Plus and Balaji Telefilms bring to its viewers, Taryay Liyay, an epic love story from Ekta Kapoor.

Emotional love story

Star Plus and Balaji Telefilms bring to its viewers, Taryay Liyay, an epic love story from Ekta Kapoor. The show premieres on June 14 and airs every Monday to Friday at
10 pm. Taryay Liyay is an intense love story of Taani and Anuraag. It brings out higher emotions like sacrifice, selflessness and nobility that people experience when in love.

Set in Kolkata, the story revolves around Taani and Anuraag who are separated by circumstances and reunited by the unbreakable bond of love. Taani represents the perfect traditional Bengali girl. She believes that love ennobles you and makes you a bigger and better person. Anuraag, on the other hand, is an emotional boy, who loves with his heart and soul. He is intense and honest and expects his soul mate to be the same. These quixotic characters of Taani and Anuraag will be essayed by the beautiful Anupriya Kapoor and the handsome Harshad Chopra. Popular actors like Rajat Tokass, Neha Janpandit, Aadesh Chaudhary, Shakti Arora, Neha Saxena, Geetanjali Tikekar, Chanderkant Tanreja and Supriya Shukla also play important roles on the show.

source :http://www.deccanherald.com/content/75133/tv-talk.html

Edited by sugi77 - 13 years ago

Ekta's past televised in Tere Liye

It turned several heads, when Ekta in a press conference said that her upcoming serial Tere Liye has a slice from her life.

She said, "If I could put a part of my life in a show, it's in this show." Now that brought the question to everyone's mind present there that is the serial based on her teenage love story. But to everyone's disappointment she explains, "Tere Liye has a lot of inspiration from my teenage years. All of my feelings from my teenage like, what I went through when I had my first pimple, and how I felt when I went to school one day where everyone were celebrating Valentine's Day. Ups and downs that I went through during such times have been incorporated in the show."

When asked stressing on, to what extent the show has part of her life, she clears, "No it's not all about my life."

http://movies.indiainfo.com/ektas-past-televised-in-tere-liye-1320140.html

'Tere Liye' to have Ekta Kapoor's life

BIGOYE News Network - Jun 11, 2010 - 19:20hrs IST

Tere Liye, the romantic saga being presented by Balaji Telefilms' will allow us to take a sneak peek in reigning queen of television Ekta Kapoor.

"If I could put a part of my life in a show, it's in Tere Liye." shares Ekta.

She goes on to tell, "The show has a lot of inspiration from my teenage years. All of my feelings from my teenage years, what I went through when I had my first pimple, how I felt when I went to school one day and everyone was celebrating Valentine's Day. All of my emotional ups and downs that I went through during such times have been incorporated into the show."

Ekta's description of the plot is lucid. "Tere Liye is a journey of a couple in love. It portrays their growth as they discover love; how they learn to handle it when they know it's for real with them and finally become so mature even to make sacrifices for it! Tere Liye is my tribute to the English sitcom The Wonder Years."

Tere Liye launches on June 14th at 10 pm on Star Plus.

http://oye.mybigflix.com/television/news/Tere-Liye-to-have-Ekta-Kapoor-s-life/604627

The latest offering from TV's soap queen

Rajul Hegdein Mumbai

After two years of controversy and lawsuits, Balaji Telefilms headEkta Kapoorand television channel Star Plus have buried the hatchet and are working together once again, after a two-year break.

The partnership, which in the past gave us shows likeKyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu ThiandKahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, now brings usTere Liye, a love story set in Kolkata.

The show tells the story of Taani and Anuraag, a couple separated by circumstances but who are reunited by the unbreakable bond of love. Anurag and Taani will be played by Harshad Chopra, ofKis Des Mein Meraa Dilfame, and Anupriya Kapoor.

Ekta says, "I am coming back to my audience with Star Plus and Balaji yet again. Yes, my latest showTere Liyeon the channel is a new beginning. This show is all about the intense journey as well as the discovery of love. This particular love story is unlike any that the viewers have seen on Indian television."

http://movies.rediff.com/slide-show/2010/jun/11/slide-show-1-tv-ekta-kapoor-on-tere-liye.htm

Edited by taanu14 - 13 years ago
Meet the new jodi - Anuraag and Taani

STAR Plus is all set to capture the pulse of today's youth with the launch of an epic love saga- Tere Liye. Young artists like Anupriya Kapoor and Harshad Chopra will add ounces of romance and depth to the plot.

The lethal combination of Star Plus and Ekta Kapoor is back with an epic love story that begins tonight. The show is called Tere Liye, and it is set in Kolkata. The serial tells the story of Taani and Anuraag, whose romance brings out the higher emotions of sacrifice, selflessness and nobility that people experience in love.

Taani and Anuraag are separated by circumstance and reunited by the unbreakable bond of love.

Says Ekta Kapoor, "Tere Liye presents a whole new perspective on love stories, with the core thought being that love ennobles you and makes you a bigger and better person." She adds, "Balaji Telefilms and Star Plus have always partnered to bring superlative television experience for its viewers. We expect Tere Liye to find resonance with our audience and do well like our other shows on Star Plus".

Taani, played by the beautiful Anupriya Kapoor, represents the perfect traditional Bengali girl. Anuraag, on the other hand, is an emotional boy, who loves with his heart and soul, is intense and honest and expects his soul mate to reciprocate the same. Handsome Harshad Chopra plays Anuraag.

We spoke to Anupriya about the show and she said: "The first episode of the show will show a love story that's begun in childhood. I am a simple Bengali traditional girl who understands Anuraag. She believes in selfless devotion towards her love."

Tere Liye has the most interesting and experienced ensemble of actors who will take it to a different high. It also stars popular actors like Rajat Tokass, Neha Janpandit, Aadesh Chaudhary, Shakti Arora, Neha Saxena, Geetanjali Tikekar, Chanderkant Tanreja and Supriya Shukla will bring in the quintessential drama and keep viewers asking for more.

Tere Liye premiering on June 14, 2010 at 10 pm and replaces Sabki Laadli Bebo that moves to 6.30 pm on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/437/new-jodi--taanianuraag.aspx

Cultural insights

Increasingly, producers are using the cultural diversity card in many Hindi serials. Families belonging to regions from Maharashtra to Bengal are being portrayed on the small screen, writes Srabanti Chakrabarti

Here is a question for you on a lazy Sunday morning — think of a serial that you used to watch during the nascent days of satellite television and you might come up with names like Junoon, Khandaan, Sailaab or Dastaan. Now think of the characters and the backdrop of these shows. Do you remember which part of the country the lead characters came from? Well, all these shows were based in a metro and the characters were part of the cosmopolitan crowd who made the mega city their home. Where they came from was not important and did not make much of a difference in the serial. Now fast forward time and think of the late 90s and early 2000s — Kyun Ki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kasauti Zindagi Kay, Baa Bahu aur Baby and the retinue of saas-bahu soaps where the story was largely based in Mumbai. The Viranis of Kyun Ki…were from Gujarat, the Basus of Kasauti from Bengal and so on. One could not miss the Jai Shri Krishna and the Durga Puja in the serials!

If you think, this is just a mere coincidence, you are mistaken. In the recent past, serial makers have made a conscious effort to explore the rich diversity of India and bring it to your living room. Is it a careful ploy by the makers to help you relate to the show, thereby increasing TRPs? If it is, so successful has this ploy been that producers just can't seem to have enough of it. Ekta cites the example of her latest show Tere Liye to disagree and explain the real reason, "This show is based on two families in Kolkata.

When I agreed to make this serial, I never wanted to cater to just the Bengali audience, as this niche group can always watch such shows on  regional channels. I have created Tere Liye in such a way that it can appeal to people from all over the country. I feel everyone would like to know how two culturally rich Bengali families live with each other," explains the lady, who has always expressed her fondness for the city of joy and its inhabitants.

However, if you take a look at the shows that were launched in the last few months, you will realise that increasingly, the cultural diversity card is being used as the USP of Hindi serials. Sarvgun Sampanna is based on a a Lavani dancer – a dance form from Maharashtra, Thoda Hai Bas Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai is based on a Maharastrian family who lives in the old Shivaji Park neighbourhood in Mumbai, in addition to Tere Liye. Ekta, the czarina of Indian television and the person who started the trend, says, "It is the story that is important and if it demands a focus on the region, we have to portray the same.

When I started Pavitra Rishta — the story of a typical middle-class Maharastrian family — it had a cosmopolitan feel, however, when I did Sarvgun Sampanna, the feel changed. Since the story spoke about the Lavani dance form and the struggle of dancers in rural Maharashtra, I had to bring in that element. But I do admit that of late, most of the ideas presented by my creative team have a regional background."

With physical and geographical barriers being broken by cosmopolitan lifestyles and cross-cultural marriages, the growing interest in such diverse content is partly understandable. Explains Goldie Behl, producer of Thoda Hai Bas Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai, "Though we are Punjabis, both Shrishti (his sister and co-producer) and I are married to Maharastrians. After observing our extended families for a long time and knowing them closely, we decided to make a show depicting the Maharashtrian way of life. In a way, it is a tribute to our in-laws!"  In this show, the Behls depict how relationships are nurtured in a Maharastrian family.

If the diversity and newness factor affected the producers so much, one can imagine the impact it will have on viewers. Naturally they would like to see more of what goes on elsewhere in the country. Little wonder that you find shows based in Rajasthan, Jharkhand and remote corners of Uttar Pradesh these days.

Interestingly, however, we have not seen too many successful shows based on South Indian families. Is their any particular reason? Is the language barrier acting as an obstacle? Ekta seems to agree. She says, "We do not have a very strong viewership in South India for our shows. However, once it's translated and telecast, it gets good ratings." Whatever the case may be, no one is complaining. If Mile Sur Mera Tumhara, promoted unity among diversity in the 80s, different Hindi serials have taken up the mantle now. Undoubtedly, it is a delight to get a taste of different cultures on the small screen

Being Anurag Basu
Harshad Chopda

Anurag Basu is back! No, it isn't the Kites director making a comeback, but the return of Ekta Kapoor's favourite screen character. The screen queen's latest drama Taryay Liyay (Monday to Thursday at 10pm on STAR Plus), set and shot in Calcutta, will have small screen heartthrob Harshad Chopda playing the role of Anurag, close to five years after Cezanne Khan took the character to near-iconic heights in Ekta's own Kasautii Zindagii Kay.

"Anurag's character is the most powerful in the show. He is someone who starts off being ignorant about love, then knows about it, gradually understands it, falls in love himself and finally sacrifices for love. I move from being a boy to a man, from immaturity to maturity," says Harshad, who first became popular as the romantic Prem in Ekta's Kis Des Mein Hai Meraa Dil.

Set in Calcutta, the Taryay Liyay crew will camp in the city over the next couple of months to shoot the show in various real locations in and around the city. "We could have shot it all on set, but Ekta was very keen on capturing the flavour and fervour of the city in Taryay Liyay. We will shoot in places typical of Calcutta. I am particularly excited because I love the city," says Harshad. "There will also be quite a bit of Bengali dialogues since most of the characters will be Bengali," he adds.

Just the promos may have been shot so far, but the actor from Jaipur already feels that Taryay Liyay will prove to be a winner. "Normally it is seen that with any new show, the actors take some time to adjust to their characters and to adjust with each other. This has not been the case here because Taryay Liyay has a very well-written script and strong characterisation," says Harshad.

Harshad also has very kind words for co-star Anupriya Kapoor who was last seen in Miley Jab Hum Tum and who plays the role of Taani in the serial. "She's a natural actor and our chemistry should definitely become a talking point," he predicts.

And how does it feel returning to the Ekta Kapoor fold after the success of Kis Des? "Ekta knows the business inside out. The scenes she writes are not easy to emote, but they are extremely powerful and you can't help but act them out to the best of your ability. There can be no one better than her."

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100622/jsp/entertainment/story_12590741.jsp