|| *Tere Liye Articles Corner (No Comments)* || - Page 40

Posted: 11 years ago

Candid chat with Geetanjali Tikekar

Geetanjali Tikekar

Geetanjali Tikekar is on a sabbatical after her last show Tere Liye on Star Plus ended.

"Currently I am busy taking care of my three and half year-old son Shaurya. Motherhood is a full time job." Going on she says, "How have imes changed since we were kids, he is already in junior KG and I never saw the face of school till I was four and a half years."

Geetanjali feels bad for the pressure the poor kid is being made to go through. "He is learning to write and I can't even scream at him when he makes mistakes as he is too small."

So do you think working in the TV industry has taught you patience? "This is one virtue what I have definitely picked up. Once I remember waiting for 17 hours before being told that there was no scene of mine for the day."

When do you plan to make a comeback on TV? "I will think of a return once Shaurya is a bit older and can take care of him." So what kind of roles would you be looking at then? "I am quite a realistic person. Since I know leads will not be offered to me anymore, I will be content with parallel characters which have something to add to the overall narrative."

Geetanjali Tikekar who is married to actor Sikandar Kharbanda is quite upset with concept of the leaps. "After just two years as lead in Kasautii Zindagii Kay, I was made to play a mother."

But here she adds a caveat, "Today things are worst, producers are taking young kids as a lead to save on money. Tell me, would anyone know who today's lead actors are? When I was doing Kasautii, people knew the person behind the character."

How are actors of your generation dealing with this change? "With most of my contemporaries feeling short changed, we have become dinosaurs sitting at home and spewing fire, wondering what has gone wrong with the TV industry."

She also rejects the popular perception that TV actors make good money. "We now rue the fact that we left our studies and turned to this craft. Had we done some professional courses, we would have earned much better," she ends.

Harshad Chopda can compromise on anything but not work

Harshad Chopda

Harshad Chopda, who essays the role of Raghav in Life OK and UTV Productions' Saubhagyavati Bhava, is happy with the way in which his role is shaping up.

"You know me, I am quite a straight forward guy in real life and to play a 'tapori' like Raghav was a challenge in itself. But that is the best part of being an actor; you get to play different characters which are so unlike you. Most of the shows which I have done in the past were of someone whose dreams were being fulfilled, but here I am playing someone who helps a girl Jhanvi/Sia to rise up from domestic abuse", says Harshad.

Harshad feels that along with luck, his choice of roles has played an important part in his success. "I know it is tough to decline a role, but it makes no sense in doing something in which you are not convinced."

Having said this, ask him if he has no problems when people say that the show belongs to Viraj i.e. Karanvir Bohra and he philosophically says, "I am happy with what my character is doing in the overall scheme of things. The biggest problem with TV is that what you get promised in the narration is just 20% of what finally shows on screen". So how much of it showed up inSaubhagyavati Bhava? "No comments, as there was no recording when we spoke. I am very serious about my work and often get into arguments with the creative team when I feel things are not going right. I can compromise on anything but not work", explains Harshad.

On working with Sriti Jha, Harshad maintains, "One of the main plus point with her is that she is among few lead girls who can actually act."

Harshad feels that he has grown as an actor over the years. "My awareness is much more. I feel that had I done Tere Liye (a game changer for him) now, I would have done a better job than before."

Lastly, on his relaxation schedule after long hours of shoot, the actor says, "I take full advantage of the breaks I get between shows. I catch up on sleep, meet friends and travel a lot. I am not a party animal. Even after working for 20 long hours, if I come across an interesting scene I get charged up and am raring to go."

Well said, Harshad!!

Anupriya's quiet birthday

Anupriya Kapoor, who catapulted to fame as Tani of Tere Liye, turns a year younger today. And the actress revealed her birthday plans in a candid chat with TOI.

"I haven't planned anything yet because only my mother and I are in Mumbai. My grandmother has to undergo dental surgery, so she has been taken to Delhi by my brother Vyom. We may plan an impromptu outing and dinner."

What we don't know about Anupriya is that she prefers to bake her own birthday cake instead of it them from outside.

And unlike her contemporaries, she does not believe in throwing grandparties. She gets bored within minutes of entering a disc or a club. ""I usually do not celebrate my birthday because I think I am not a kid anymore. Rahi party ki baat toh I am not at all a party animal. I start feeling suffocated because of the loud music, but yes I like small get-together with family andfriends,"" says she.

She has been missing from the tube for a long time (she was last seen in a reality show). Ask her about the reason, pat comes the reply, ""I have stopped being desperate. I want to do power-packed, lead roles. I don't want to do cameo or episodic roles. I am getting offers but things fail to fall in place. Sometimes the show gets scrapped or the channel recommends some other actress. I got some offers to replace actress, but I declined politely as I don't want to do replacements." Hope this birthday brings you all the luck and the kind of roles you aspire to play!

After producing shows inspired by or based on Bollywood films or international shows and films (e.g. Pyaar Ki Ye Ek Kahaani and Kya Huaa Tera Vaada inspired by The Twilight Saga and Biwi No 1 respectively), TV czarina Ekta Kapoor has taken a fancy to Manju Kapur's novel a novel Custody.

Her show, based on this novel, will apparently air on Star Plus and the casting is in the process. The novel in question revolves around Shagun, who leaves her partner Raman for another man and a bitter legal battle ensues. 

The custody of their two children comes to question and Shagun has to decide the price for her freedom.

Says a source, "We are pursuing Iqbal Khan to play the male lead in the show and Anita Hassanandani to make a cameo appearance. We have approached Anupriya Kapoor of Tere Liyefame to play the protagonist."

While Anita didn't respond to our text message, Anupriya remained unavailable for comment.

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by --Priiya--

HC Zing magazine photo and interview

Rangmunch

Kunal Karan Kapoor recently won the award for the "Best Lead Actor ' Male" at the 12th Indian Telly Awards and last evening he organised a Party to celebrate his achievement with Friends and Colleagues. Like a perfect Host and Dost, Kunal ensured that all his guests enjoyed the evening. 

Apart from the NBT cast and crew, there were other eminent guests namely Narayani Shastri, Rajesh Khera, Aishwarya Sakhuja, Swapna Waghmare Joshi, Jay Soni, Pooja Gor and buddy Harshad Chopra who were also present at the party.

Here are some candid moments from Kunal Karan Kapoor's Success Party. We wish him many more milestones in the days to come :) Thank you Kunal for the awesome party! Take care and stay blessed!!!

Indian television should attempt to make shows for classes, something like Grey's Anatomy - Anupriya Kapoor

Anupriya Kapoor who is even today loved for her beautiful portrayal of Taani in Star Plus' successful show Tere Liye sees this year (2013) to be a happening one as far as work is concerned.

The actress had a not-so-good 2012, in terms of keeping herself motivated for achieving bigger things in life. Anupriya with a renewed optimism toldTellychakkar.com, "This year (2013) is indeed happening. I have given quite a lot of mock shoots and I have the inclination towards taking up some interesting projects. Otherwise, I was in no mood to take up work last year. 2012 was low in terms of interest; the enthusiasm was not there. I was not mentally prepared for 12 hours of continuous work. Having said this, I joined dancing and driving classes last year. Since I was pre-occupied with all this, I did not pay much attention towards new work. With the emergence of 2013, things have picked up. I am eagerly looking forward for my next project."

She continued in her upbeat mood, "From January this year, I have been giving mock shoots and have shot for various pilots too. However, the shows I had been a part of have either been delayed or put on hold. I am hopeful that things will fall in place and I will be back to acting, which is my passion."

Anupriya is an actor who always wants her work to speak for herself. The motto that she carries is 'Give your best to your work and go home peacefully'. The actress feels she cannot do justice to this philosophy that she follows by taking up reality shows. "The only reality show that I can be part of is a dance reality, as my performance will speak for myself there. In shows like Bigg Boss and the recent Life OK show Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi Ki, one needs to indulge in unnecessary politics, controversies and bitching which I will never do in my life. Even in real life, I cannot handle people who are manipulative and sugar-coated. So taking a show which will have abundance of this does not come into question."

Anupriya feels that Indian Television should attempt to make shows for the classes, something like her favourite 'Grey's Anatomy'. "This show is the only one show for which I will alter my day's schedule. I simply love watching Grey's Anatomy and can do anything to watch the repeats. I like the way in which such shows have a 'real' feel in every character. Yes, fairy tale shows with romance should be made for masses, but we should also have shows like this which make a difference."

Anupriya, we wish you have a quick comeback to the small screen!!!