|| *Tere Liye Articles Corner (No Comments)* || - Page 6

--Neha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
http://www.afaqs.com/perl/media/media_newslets/?id=45430
STAR PLUS achieves all time high of 443 GRPs in week 25'10

Media News
Mumbai, June 23, 2010

Star Plus' line up of superlative content, engaging story lines and high octane events, which entertain, inform and mirror the happenings in society are doing phenomenally well according to data from TAM Media Research.

Tere Liye – the most recent launch opened with a very good rating viz. 3.8 TVR, which is the best opening and launch average for a show on Star Plus in the last one year since Laadli Bebo. The ratings of recent launches and current chart toppers have also gone up – Sasural Genda Phool (3.1 TVR), Pratigya (5.1 TVR), Saathiya (2 TVR), Yeh Rishta (5.2 TVR), Bidaai (5 TVR), along with Zara Nach Ke Dikha in the non-fiction category (2.5 TVR), which has the channel seeing a growth of 108 GRPs over last week. In the events genre, Star Parivaar Awards 2010 delivers 7.2 TVR making it the highest rated film / TV event since 2007!

Star Plus rules in weekday prime time, weekday afternoon and weekend programming slots. With the channel's recent refreshment of its brand philosophy announced 12 days ago, the channel is well on its way to endearing itself to Indian viewers with the eclectic, innovative and unique line up of content it is giving to its fans.

Commenting on this immense achievement by the channel, Anupam Vasudev, EVP Marketing, STAR Plus said, "We feel vindicated and humbled by the immense popularity being showered upon Star Plus – both on its recent offerings as well as ongoing shows. Achieving 443 GRPs (the highest achieved by any GEC in the past 3 years) is so mean feat. I would like to reiterate that we will ensure that we provide our viewers with great content that is both entertaining and relevant".

He further added, "The step we took as India's leading network to refresh our identity and philosophy is our endeavour and commitment to further deepen our bonds with our viewers. We aim to do this with top-of-the-line content that reflects our philosophy 'Rishte Wahi, Soch Nayi' – a fresh perspective on life and relationships."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Neha-- thumbnail
http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2010/06/india_ratings_s_30.php
India ratings: Star Plus reaches new heights
Jun 23, 2010 10:22 AM| Read / Post comments

The first data since Star Plus had its revamped is out and it shows the channel rocketing ahead, leaving its rivals well behind.

Indian viewership data for Week 25 of 2010 puts Star Plus touch a new high of 443 GRPs (335 GRPs last week), bettering its own 159 week old record. This is 61% higher than Colors (276 GRPs) and 92% higher than ZEE TV (231 GRPs).

The 108 GRPs growth of Star Plus is spurred by an unprecedented 7.2 TVR from Star Parivaar Awards 2010, making it the highest rated film/TV event since 2007 (new Star Plus logo was revealed on this show) and an all-round better performance across all shows.

New launch 'Tere Liye' opened with an impressive 4 TVR and averaged 3.8 TVR for the week, making it the best opening and launch average in the last one year on Hindi GEC.

Unfortunatley, Sony Entertainment Television Asia had a tumble. It was down to 125 GRPs, while Imagine TV and SAB TV were neck and neck with 93 GRPs.

--Neha-- thumbnail

STAR Plus bets on love story on primetime; Colors chooses non-fiction

Both the leading general entertainment channels are preparing to launch a slew of shows. STAR Plus' new show, a love story drama produced by Balaji Telefilms, will be launched in the 10 PM slot on weekdays. The show's concept is the brainchild of Ekta Kapoor, managing director, Balaji Telefilms, and this marks her comeback on STAR Plus.

"The first time this creative union happened, it became historic; a new STAR was born. For the last 10 years, everything that has been done on television was influenced by us. We hope a new paradigm of entertainment will be created this time too," said Uday Shankar, CEO, STAR India, referring to the channel's runaway successes, such as Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

The fiction show, Tere Liye is based in Kolkata, and traces the love saga of two individuals -- Anurag and Taani. Tere Liye will replace Sabki Laadli Bebo, which will be moved to the 6.30 PM slot. Tere Liye will compete with Uttaran on Colors and 12/24 Karol Bagh on Zee.

Considering that Tere Liye is a love story, music is being used as a marketing tool for the show. STAR Plus has released a song under Times Music, sung by Kailash Kher, which is being played on all radio stations. As the show progresses, the channel plans to have more music releases.

Besides, a campaign across outdoor, television and digital will be rolled out to promote the show.

STAR Network is also believed to be working on a new corporate identity. Although currently under wraps, a new logo and packaging for the network is on the cards. More new shows are also expected from the channel in the next few months.

Meanwhile, on Colors, a new fiction show, called Thoda Hai Thode Ki Zarurat Hai will be launched on June 07. It will replace Swarg, which currently occupies the 7.30 PM slot.

Colors will also launch a reality game show, Kitchen Champion, in mid-June. The cookery show on Colors' afternoon time-band will feature characters from the various shows on the channel, who will compete to win the title of 'Kitchen Champion'.

Among other non-fiction offerings, Colors has its platter full with new seasons of India's Got Talent, which will be launched in August; followed by Khatron Ke Khiladi; and then the next season of Bigg Boss, which is slated for end of the year.

It has been an interesting battle for the No. 1 rank, as Colors ruled the roost continuously for several weeks; only to be replaced by STAR Plus, which has been commanding the highest share in the general entertainment genre for the past few weeks. As per the latest weekly report from TAM, STAR Plus and Colors have garnered shares of 24 per cent and 20 per cent, respectively.

snowwhite30 thumbnail

Ananya passes the baton to mother in Tere Liye

In Tere Liye, the feisty Ananya doesn't fight for her love anymore, instead leaves it up to her mom!

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=7110

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Star Plus, Ekta Kapoor and Harshad Chopda.! The trio creates magic when they come together.  After 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil', the trio has come up with 'Taryay Liyay', a intense love story. Expectedly, the viewers have given their nod to it too.

In its opening week, 'Tarayay' maintained an average TVR of 3.8, according to the TAM data for the week 25 (June 13-19). The show, that airs at 10.00 pm opened with a TVR of 3.96 on Monday. In the following days, Taryay Liyay clocked TVRs of 3.75, 3.94, 3.69, and 3.79 respectively.

The Colors show 'Uttaran', which ruled this slot and was the sixth rated show in the last rating, slipped to number 25 this week. 'Taryay Liyay' may not have crossed  the 4 TVR mark, but it's evident that it has greatly altered the viewership at the 10.pm slot. 'Uttaran' started the week with a TVR of 4, improved to 4.18 and 4.4 on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively, but then dropped to 3.18 on Friday. As opposed to this, 'Taryay Liyay' leapfrogged above 'Uttaran' on Friday with a TVR of 3.79. Star Plus will hope it gain ascendancy over its rival show in the coming week.

For the lead actress Anupriya Kapoor, who was earlier replaced in the Balaji show 'Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai' , the good opening of 'Taryay Liyay' will perhaps erase the bad memories.

"I'd like to take this with a pinch of salt. That issue had flared up because of certain miscommunication between the production house and me. 'Bayttaab' is a closed chapter," said Kapoor.

Commenting on the good opening, the girl says, "Honestly speaking, I was expecting good ratings. Our show has a different concept. It's not like your typical saas-bahu sagas. When was the last time that we saw a show which had the lead in a mental asylum in its very first episode. Viewers have liked the treatment of the opening episodes."

Despite repeated attempts, Harshad Chopda remained unavailable for comment.

--Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/609-taryay-liyay-off-to-an-impressive-start.html
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
There are fans, and there are fanatics! When it comes to Harshad Chopda and Additi Gupta, it's always the latter. Such is their fan-following from the days of 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil', that the fanatics simply can't see any other girl opposite Chopda.

Harshad, has made his comeback with the Balaji Telefilms show 'Taryay Liyay' where he's paired opposite rookie actress Anupriya Kapoor. The show launched on June 14 and clocked a cool TVR of 3.96 for its first episode. In its opening week, 'Taryay Liyay' drew an average TVR of 3.8. These numbers are impressive but Harshad Chopda fans are still disappointed. Their bone of contention is that Ekta Kapoor should have taken Additi Gupta and not Anupriya for this show.

We've received quite a few such comments from ardent Harshad-Additi fans. Below are some of the comments.

Surekha: Not..Ekta...it would have been better if she could cast Additi Pupta opposite Harshad in 'Taryay Liyay'. I hope the show flops big time

Urja: Girls love Prem, not Harshad. When he was with Heer, we were happy but now that he's with another girl, they are getting angry.

Dhiraj: Do not like Harshad this time. He's Ekta blue-eyed boy now. Want to see you with Additi.

Payal: The masala is missing without Additi Gupta. Not going to like the show no matter how great the concept is. .Sorry Harshad.!

So, how does Mr.Chopda react to such fanaticism?

"Well, this was expected. We've had famous jodis before, but none could create the magic like Heer and Prem. Whatever popularity I've achieved today is primarily because of 'Kis Desh...' Additi, as a newcomer really rocked, Tomorrow, if I'm paired opposite another girl in a new show, people will say the same thing about Anupriya." said Chopda, who now plays Anuraag in 'Taryay Liyay'.

Taking into account, the viewer feedback, would he then ask Ekta to consider adding Additi in 'Taryay Liyay'?

(Laughs). "I don't think can do that. Ekta knows what is best for her show. She's often gets her jodis right. I hope that tomorrow when Aditti takes up a new show with a new guy, the viewers appreciate their pairing. Once that show is over, the fans will no longer want to see me with Additi but the guy with whom she goes on to do her second show. I wish her all the best," Chopdaa concluded.

Amidst the Heer-Prem craze, our heart goes out to Anupriya Kapoor. Our Tanni of 'Taryay Liyay' though is cool with it.

She says, "I'm aware of Heer-Prem's fan following. However, it doesn't affect me a wee bit. I faced a similar thing whilst I did 'Miley Jab Hum Tum'. But after a while, people began to appreciate my role. Similarly, I'm confident that people will accept me as Tanni. I think people need to grow with time."

Both Harshad and Additi have expressed their point of view, but we doubt that it can satisfy the die hard Heer-Prem fans.

-Mayur Lookhar /TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/612-fans-demand-a-harshad-additi-reunion.html
-Anu13- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Tere Liye's grand opening
</div>
[DIV]

A loyal fan-following and an interesting concept is all that you need to make a successful show. STAR Plus joined hands with Balaji Telefilms and the duo launched a show titled Tere Liye starring Harshad Chopra and Anupriya Kapoor as Anuraag and Tani respectively on June 14th.

The show which replaced Sabki Laadli Bebo registered a grand opening of 4 TRP. Seems like Chopra's charm and Ekta Kapoor's hunger to try something innovative yet relatable has worked its wonders with the audience.

Says an elated Anupriya, "It feels great to be a part of the show, which has been well-received by the audiences right from day one of its launch. I think the reason behind its success is the unique concept. The popular notion goes that if it's a Balaji show, it will be all about the tiffs between a saas and bahu but this show has been treated differently. It's a dark love story, something the viewers haven't seen so far. This is a stepping stone towards a new and fresh approach. I also give the credit to the cast of the show. The kids are doing an excellent job and you can't imagine any other actor stepping in their shoes."

Viewers have been demanding the channel and the production house to bring Harshad back with Additi Gupta, her co-star from Kis Des Mein Hai Meraa Dil ever since the news of the show surfaced in the media. But this didn't deter Anupriya a wee-bit as she was confident that the same viewers will accept her opposite Harshad. "It didn't disappoint me at all, as it takes time to adjust to and welcome a change. I knew they will accept me with Harshad eventually and all they needed was time. I am receiving positive responses for my on-screen chemistry with Harshad, going by the promos they have seen", states the actress.

Apart from the viewers, it's a thumbs up for the girl even from her family. They love the show so much that they cry and laugh along with the girl watching her on screen. "My parents have loved the show and it's concept", she says.

Talking about her experience with co-actor Harshad Chopra, the actress says, "Oh! He is a lovely co-star. He is chilled out and gives you your space thus making it easy to work with him."

Harshad says, "It obviously means a lot when viewers appreciate your work. We need to maintain the TRP and keep entertaining the viewers. Credit goes to the channel Star Plus for promoting the show so well and airing the catchy promos which attracted the viewers to the show. The production house too come up with a nice concept and great cast. All the characters look in place on the show and even the kids on the show are doing a swell job as actors. The USP of the show is its different approach."

Talking about the constant demands from his fans to repeat the popular on-screen pair of Harshad and Additi, the actor says, "I am sure that the same viewers will like Anupriya and me as a couple and after this show ends they will request the production house to repeat us in their next show. I want to state that when I said I am not attached to Additi Gupta at the press launch of this show, I meant that I am not physically attached to her and we aren't conjoined. Media has misinterpreted my statement and published it which has hurt me a lot. Additi is a dear friend and I wish her luck in all her endeavours. I really care for her and I am sure she will be back with a bang."

The upcoming track will be a lot of fun to watch as Anuraag and Taani have buried the hatchet and have become friends all over again. Watch your dearest Anuraag and Taani on Tere Liye at 10:00 pm on STAR Plus.

<div>

http://starplus.startv.in/news/478/tere-liye%E2%80%99s--grand-opening.aspx
Edited by taanu14 - 13 years ago
-Anu13- thumbnail
Ananya to get married to Ritesh in Tere Liye

The on going track in Tere Liye focuses on Ananya's (Garima Bhatnagar) confusion on whether she should side with her father or whether she should go ahead with Ritesh. However, the future episodes will bring happiness in Ananya's life, as her mom will now be her full support and help her in getting together with Ritesh.

According to our sources," Just yesterday's telecast showed Ananya agreeing to her mother's instructions. She does meet the guy her father wants her to get married to. Now her mother has realised that she loves Ritesh and has agreed to support her decision as well. With her mother's help, she convinces her father about Ritesh. The future episodes will focus on Ananya and the confusion over her wedding. As for Taani and Anurag, they are back to being friends."

On probing further on how long will the childhood track continue our source said, "The track has just started and will be on air at least for another month before the adult Taani and Anuraag are on air."

Source : Tellychakkar
-Anu13- thumbnail

Harshad Chopda's True Confession

Life presents you with very few opportunities. For some, it comes only once. Thus it's imperative that one seizes it the moment it arrives. Television heartthrob, Harshad Chopda, is an honest man who never shies away from expressing his gratitude to the people who changed his career.

One doesn't need to look beyond Ekta Kapoor and 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil'. Blessed with the two, Harshad stands as the most popular male actor on television today.

He is candid enough to admit this, "Whatever popularity, I've achieved today it's because of 'Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Di'l. I became a household name as Prem. I was appreciated in my debut show 'Left Right Left' too. However,

Amber Dhara' was a different story" (The actor was allegedly sacked from Amber Dhara because he'd supposedly violated an existing contract for the Sony show)

He continues, "If it wasn't for 'Kis Desh..', God knows what would have happened to my career especially after the 'Amber Dhara' experience."

Amber Dhara is long erased from one's memory. Couch potatoes are now singing, 'Taryay Liyay' mar jawa Harshad. The actor is back on television with Balaji's newly launched show 'Taryay Liyay' where he plays the character of Anuraag. The show has been off to an impressive start with an average of 3.8 TVR in its first week.

We'd tried getting a word from Chopda on our earlier story but the actor wasn't available then. When asked, whether he's surprised by the good opening, Chopda sighed, "No, I'm not. On the contrary I was expecting more numbers. The good opening is the result of the good marketing and promotion done by the channel. The posters, on-air promos, and the title song ' sung by Kailash Kher ' have had its effect on attracting the viewers to the show. I'm sure; the number will only get to increase in the coming weeks."

--Mayur Lookhar/TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/television-news-and-gossip/621-harshad-chopdas-true-confession.html

-Anu13- thumbnail
Harshad Chopda down with viral!

Fans of Harshad Chopda have been eagerly waiting for his comeback in Tere Liye for quite some time now. However, TellyChakkar had reported there is still time for his entry and will take at least another month before the grown up Taani and Anurag (the lead characters) make an appearance. However, the latest one according to sources is that the leads were to shoot for a promo last week, which has been delayed because Harshad has not been keeping well.

The actor has been down with flu since last week and has been unable to shoot. His parents are suffering from malaria and his father has even been admitted in the hospital. The actor has thus taken leave to take care of his parents. Harshad says, "I was supposed to shoot, but am not shooting yet, as both my parents and I are ill. Actually no one in the family has been well including my dog Shadow. I am suffering with viral infection but my parents are been diagnosed for malaria, so I am here to take care of them."

http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/harshad-chopda-down-viral