The Vampire Diaries

TVD Idea Of The Week-Participate

Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

TVD Idea Of The Week

What is it all about?

The point of the Idea Of The Week is to see how creative you all are when it comes to activities for the section.

Yes you heard me.πŸ˜› We are starting the fun games and contests soon. All you guys have to do is come up with unique ideas of contests.

Everyone will get a chance of course and you can post as many ideas you like.

Rules:

Oh Noo

1) The very first and most important rule is BE CREATIVE! Think of something that no one has ever thought of trying.

2) Ideas taken from other sections will not be considered. Mind you we do have hawk eyes believe it or not.

3) It in an open post and everyone is free to share the ideas. Anything offensive will immediately put your name in the TVD blacklist.

I think the bases are all covered. I expect you all to abide by the rules once you step in. If you have any questions then I am here to help you.

Time for the million dollar question!

How will we pick the Winners?

The Idea that will receive the maximum HITS (i.e LIKE) will be announced the winner.

If you manage to impress me then imagine to have hit the jackpot.

The one to come up with the idea will get to arrange the contest for us.

Details of the prize and other announcements will be revealed in the later posts.

We will look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.πŸ˜ƒ

Have Fun!

IF Development Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KajenLuva thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Okay.. well i think we should have a weekly contest.

Well, people should sign up to either team, with at least a minimum of 6 people in each team (they will represent the others in the forum); the teams being Team Stefan and Team Damon (any other suggestions are welcome) Each week we will have a new challenge like a siggie contest. We will also have to get a neutral judging panel, who willl judge each week. We can have Video mix challenges, as well as fan scripts and other things.

Well i hope you liked my suggestion. Its like a mini show with a weekly challenge and contestants :)
Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
ooooooo interesting!!!! I hope to see much participation from all our VD Fanatics!!!

i have an idea for a contest.....lol don't know how good it is though

As U know ITV are holding a contest for UK Viewers where if they win they get to spend the day on the sets of Mystic Falls and get a prizemoney of 1000 to shop and get to see the stars.....

so why don't we hold a contest where members can submit entries where they can write how the day would go for them if they won....what would they do...where would they shop etc etc

another idea....A day in the life of...

members can choose one actor from VD (Damon, Stefan, Elena, Bonnie etc) and describe a day in their life as if they were that person.....so right from waking up, to going on the sets of VD, to shooting one of the episodes (members can choose any epi from season 1) getting their make up done, and describe their thoughts etc etc....

what do u think?
KajenLuva thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I love your idea.. hopefully more people participate!
Raee_Salvatore thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i like zara's  teaming up idea we can have so many contests..u know working on a task as group,

like cracking codes with clues stage wise to get to a particular thing or character......i mean in TVD also they usually search for either the bad guys or sumthing tht will help them to defeat them !!yeah i know i am not doing a gud job explaining itπŸ˜›.sorry but hope u get the idea.....

patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Zara. I think we were talking about that in TVD discussions, something along those lines, but more of a weekly thing including best scene of the week etc etc, but I think that you made it more interesting that it is in terms of a competition.
sourpuss thumbnail
Okie my attempts at being more specific! πŸ˜† Bear with me please...😳

Going from the weekly contest idea, we can also have weekly prompts for siggies/oneshots/fanfics/VMs etc. Something to spark off ideas, like, say, a song or a word or a theme or heck maybe even a picture. We don't have to limit it to any one character or couple per say, 'cause then it becomes broader and we're not limited by characters/pairings that we're not too fond of...😳 For instance, the first prompt could be something like, "You are the only exception". So entries would have to make use of this somehow, like, writers/VM-makers/siggymakers would have to include this line or make use of the idea behind this line to write/vid/make a siggy on any couple they choose, say, Stefan-Elena, Damon-Bonnie, Jenna-Alaric, Jeremy-Tyler, whoever.

OOOH or we could have a forum-wide scavenger hunt kinda thing! Not sure how that would work, though, 'cause honestly right now I'm just throwing out random ideas, but lemme try and see if I can come up with something...Maybe the first task could be looking for a certain picture, of, say, Michael Trevino at the Young Hollywood Awards, and the participants would have to post it in the thread. Then in the order that they post, they'd be given their next clue (maybe via PM?), which could be something like, "Find a siggy of so-and-so-couple", and perhaps within the post that contains the siggy, there could be the next clue, and so on and so forth...I'm really unsure about the teams-or-individual-participants thing, though, so I'm gonna comment on that. *hides* πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

Here's hoping it's a little better! 😳

Love,
Bhav (:
Edited by sourpuss - 13 years ago
Ambrosia thumbnail
^^ Sour : could you modify your idea a bit more. It does have potential but ATM it's not well defined.πŸ˜‰

Friends its an open thread, you can come up with as many ideas as you like.  You don't have to be  Einstein for this.πŸ˜› 

I'm giving you 2 more days then the winner will be announced along with that we will have our very first contest for TVD section.

Show some creativity TVD-ians!
sourpuss thumbnail
^^ Which idea would you like me to modify? :D Both?
Ambrosia thumbnail
Originally posted by: sourpuss

^^ Which idea would you like me to modify? :D Both?

Yes pleaseπŸ˜ƒ