Anyone else dissatisfied with the love story?

Tomiko thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Whilst Damon is a total hottie and I love how his relationship is developing with Elena, I'm rooting for Stelena.😳

But I just feel that the Stefan and Elena love story was a bit meh.😕 

I get the whole him being attracted to her because of her likeness to Kat and loving Elena all the more because she accepted him for being a vampire.  But there was no build-up for me.  They were together in the books and it felt like they just threw them together in the show.

In comparison, I see the Damon-Elena angle (from Damon's side anyways) coming together a lot better.

Am I in the minority here?😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rachu_1987 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
awww Nibs its so great to see you here

I personally love the Damon and Elena track....i mean Stefan and Elena look really sweet together.....I jus don't see the chemistry that Damon and Elena have....
-dhruvi thumbnail
Tell me about it. SE in the books are EPIC to say the least. In the show it seems they pulled a Twilight angle in. SE become another EB and sadly it doesn't make me happy as a shipper. Because this triangle is uneven now. DE get this buildup-- so when comparing the two, people will lean towards DE. Because Elena's love for Stefan will seem almost weird in a sense and people will question that rather than her love for Damon which will be built slowly...

For me DE angle is better in Elena's side, IMO. The whole Isobel coming in and saying Damon is in love with her, that was meh for me. Not because I root for DB. It's just, HE CARES FOR HER, not love her, love her. So why did he give her a Romeo look to her?! The change in him is too fast. It's like the build up is there but at the same time they want this triangle to be full blast.

IDK I prefer the books SE and DE.  
Edited by dhruvi. - 13 years ago
Tomiko thumbnail

^^Exactly, it just seemed so rushed!

I sort of had the feeling that Damon always had a teeny soft spot for Elena but he LOVED Kat.  But then he finds out that she betrayed him, DE bond over locking Stefan in the cellar and WHAM he's in love with her now?

And I thought women were supposed to be fickle!😆
KajenLuva thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I feel exactly the same way, i mean Stefan and Elena fell in love far to quickly dont you think, they are sweet and do compliment eachother, but wheres the romance, and the at times awkwardness, and the funny embarrassing moments between them.

But with Delena, there is this tension, this sense of danger, and ultimately the i guess contradictary relationship, ying and yang type thing. i mean with Damon, we see Elena have fun, and more i guess eased moments. And with Stefan, she is in a safe haven no doubt (im not sure if that makes sense, because hes a vampire) but hes like her safety net.

I love Paul, and the few moments where he was not "Serious Boring Stefan" But with Damon and Elena their characters evolve and from initially hating each other and then slowly becoming friends, and having that level of understanding, it makes me want to see them more.
-dhruvi thumbnail
I'm more mad at the fact that Damon actually LOVES Kat and is so obsessed. In the books sure he fought with Stefan over her but when she reappreared he didn't give a ___. Told her to go to hell. Her we have him doing anything to get her. 
& Zara-- see in the books DE were the same: power-hunger, sort of dark in a sense but light when it come to fighting for thier town. They were flirty, attracted. While SE were ying-yang and complimenting each other. Elena was this IT girl and Stefan grounded her. Made her a better person, because before him she was refered as the Ice princess. With Damon she's his dark princess. With Stefan, she's this angel who comes back to him at the end of everything because thier souls are one.

If I have to watch DE I prefer what they were the first half of the season. Flirty banter. Not this new bound relationship. DB= flirty banter so I ship that. As for SE, they better make them go through hell and show us how much they love each other. Because I don't want SE love to seem weak in comparison.
Tomiko thumbnail

I got the feeling that Damon got over Kat ... or is that just me being optimistic?😕

-dhruvi thumbnail
He's not obsessed anymore, but I think she still has a tab bit of power over him. I'm sure she'll effect Stefan more than Damon when her truth is revealed. Honestly I think this will be her first and last season (besides the flashback episodes).
sourpuss thumbnail
I totally, totally agree. Stefan and Elena's story in the books was a LOT more...no, a lot less Twilight-y than it is in the show. In the show, they have an instant attraction to each other, whereas with Damon and Elena they have, like what Dhruvi said, flirty banter which makes them fun to watch. Stefan and Elena had so much more in the books, and if you've read the books it makes their story on screen that much more disappointing.

I have a lot more to say on this, but the words just don't feel like coming out right now, so I'll say more when my brain decides to cooperate. *glares at brain*

Love,
Bhav (:
*Adorable_Anu* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree. From what i heard from friends, SE in the book were magical.. eternal. Nothing could beat the love for Stefan in Elena's heart. But in the show.. that doesn't seem to be the case. They rushed their love story so fast on top of that. I like SE. I would have LOVED them if their love was something like in the books.