Plagarism in Bollywood music

VangelisFanatic thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
What's your take on plagarism in hindi music? When you find out that a particular song has been copied from another one, do you prefer the original one or the copied hindi one? Personally, when I find out that a certain song has been copied, I hunt around for the original version. The originals are usually much better. But that's just my opinion!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Most of Pritams songs are copied. But all are superhit, & most of us love listening to his songs being unaware of plagerism. I dont support it but plagerism is everywhere. But as u said that originals are always better, I have found that pritams versions are better than original ones. But I really appreciate MD's like Ar rehman alot. Here theres a site, check it out:

There are many many more too.

Edited by Shreyacool - 13 years ago
scinerd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG pritam are straight copied!!! i know he "borrowed" tunes but not flat out copied them. but you cant blame them, hindi films make movies every two seconds, its hard to compose music that fast!
Even Rajesh Roshan lifted tunes directly. The theme of Koyla is a direct copy of Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis. The humming part in Chand Sitaare [Kaho Naa Pyar Hai] and Dil Ne Dil Ko Pukara is also lifted from Voices again by Vangelis. I became a Vangelis fan instead of his after listening to all these original compositions!! Kya Kehna's title song is from Oh Carol and Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye is lifted from 500 miles.
I do know plagarism exists but the least that these composers can do is give due credit to the original composers.
missy6892 thumbnail
that zoobi doobi songs tune from 3 idiots is copied from an english song 😊
-Becky- thumbnail
Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye is not an original composition? That's quite a shock! 😲

Originally posted by: -Becky-

Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye is not an original composition? That's quite a shock! 😲

Jab Koi Baat is a direct copy of 500 miles by Peter, Paul and Mary. Yeah....I too was kinda shocked when I first heard 500 miles!!
Edited by MeghanFan - 13 years ago