Abortion
Robbery
Fraud
Stealing
Drug Business
Nothing
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
Which one do you feel is the biggest crime?And are you happy with the punishment the law gives to the criminals of the above crimes?.If you have a chance how will you punish those criminals?And is there any way to prevent these crimes?Should the criminal be given a chance to purify him?
I think both rape and murder (excluding those murders which are committed in self defense or happened accidentally). But since it's not a multiple choice option, I'll select rape,
Without knowing the background , i don't know how we can come even close to comparing various kinds of crimes.
Originally posted by Mindbender

Without knowing the background , i don't know how we can come even close to comparing various kinds of crimes.

True...however, do you think the "background" actually matters when we speak of deeds like rape?

------------

As per the topic, I will go with rape. With all the others, I can find suitable justifications behind them (like self defense, insanity, etc), whereas with rape, I just can't find a single one. From rape, it is marital rape which takes the cake for being the worst crime ever.
At least other forms of rape are not glorified or seen as "normal" like marital rape.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago
I agree with cloddy.  But if I have to pick from the list, I'd go with abortion by choice followed by rape.

Crime comitted against others is far worse then self destruction.
Taking another's life often has dire consequences.
Mass murder, genocide, ethnic cleansing , suicide bombing etc are unpardonable

There are several cases of robbery or rape and murder.
Why must they murder ?
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

True...however, do you think the "background" actually matters when we speak of deeds like rape?

------------

As per the topic, I will go with rape. With all the others, I can find suitable justifications behind them (like self defense, insanity, etc), whereas with rape, I just can't find a single one. From rape, it is marital rape which takes the cake for being the worst crime ever.
At least other forms of rape are not glorified or seen as "normal" like marital rape.
I agree with each and every words of yours.You can not justify rape ever.It's heinous crime.
For me it is rape.It is a very cheap,insane,disgusting and...............act.The one commits rape must be hung infront of the world.But I am very unhappy about the fact there is no punishment of this disgusting deed.Law never considers a husband to be criminal for raping his wife.For me rape is rape,no matter who does it.
Murder, suicide, rape, and abortion are all leading to the same thing - you are taking a person's life away in one form or another. With murder, you're taking a life, with suicide, you're disrespecting and throwing away a life you were given, with rape, you're permanently damaging someone's soul, and with abortion - you're taking away a potential life. I regard all four as heinous acts that are almost never justified. You were given this one life to live -respect yours and respect others'.

Robbery, fraud, stealing, and drugs fall on a lower level than the above mentioned, in my opinion.
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

As per the topic, I will go with rape. With all the others, I can find suitable justifications behind them (like self defense, insanity, etc), whereas with rape, I just can't find a single one. From rape, it is marital rape which takes the cake for being the worst crime ever. At least other forms of rape are not glorified or seen as "normal" like marital rape.

Killing somebody to save one's own life is not murder. And insanity is not a justification for murder, just like instincts and hormones are not justification for rape.

Murder ends it all.

Those who have the psychology to think that rape takes the victim's 'izzat' or modesty, it's better to be dead than raped, etc; are insensitive and disgusting. If not the rapist, they push the victim more towards self-destruction. They don't have the sense to understand that they are attaching stigma to the victim's life also. A rape victim's self-esteem gets severely hurt, but her (restricting the discussion to the commonest form of rape) modesty cannot be taken away -- rather, the rapist kills his own modesty, if there were any in the first place. She needs to be supported and encouraged to come back to normal life; and not be told that she has her modesty ravaged, her life has no meaning and so on. Rape should not be considered the worst crime for the sake of the victim. That said, rape is a heinous odious crime, and the criminal must me severely punished -- there is no scope to debate that.