Abortion
Robbery
Fraud
Stealing
Drug Business
Nothing
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
Is there any reason why you'd have to pick on every single posts of mine, Googly?!?!?! 🤔 Now it's pretty scary for me to even come here for this only.

J/K. 🤗 I don't mind your digs at all. 😆

You're absolutely right. I should have reread what I wrote before jumping onto my bed (only to come back later to fix it 😆). Should have substituted "killing" with murder.
Maybe not insanity, but how about a completely mentally retarded person killing another person without even understanding its worth? Like trying to punch someone and ending up accidentally killing him? I guess that somewhat falls into the category of "mistake/accident" which I think is a pretty good justification since the person had no malicious intent behind his accidental act. The same, however, cannot be applied for rape. A mentally retarded person cannot rape (if one has so much of a brain, then he/she cannot be regarded as a mentally retarded) and a rape cannot happen by mistake.
My point was that, rape is a pretty big process, and unlike killing, rape cannot happen by an accident. Though I am itching to disagree with you on another part as well...but I will save it for another day. 😉

---------------------

As for abortion...irrespective of how I feel regarding this issue - do I have the right to literally stop someone from doing it? 🤔 Most vegetarians definitely do not like the concept of killing innocent, naive animals just for the sake of consuming its meat - now, do they have the right to harp over our meat-eating habits? Just drawing a parallel.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Mindbender

Without knowing the background , i don't know how we can come even close to comparing various kinds of crimes.
just what appears more gruesome........i thing the only biggest crime  is lying.. since by lying you can mask all the above.. and make them non-existent...😊
Now  are you cloddy recrhistened????!!!Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

True...however, do you think the "background" actually matters when we speak of deeds like rape?

------------

Yes, though they would be the rarest of rare kind of cases when one might kinda sympathize with the accused.

Nevertheless, i wonder why rape is considered a "bigger crime" than something like even murder. All depends from person to person , i guess.🤔

Originally posted by qwertyesque

just what appears more gruesome........i thing the only biggest crime is lying.. since by lying you can mask all the above.. and make them non-existent...😊

Now are you cloddy recrhistened????!!!

Just because you lie, doesn't mean the thing didn't exist na.😕

Yeah, yeah, i am cloddy re-bended.😆

Since we are talking about justifications too, kabhi kabhi mere dil me sawaal aata hai ki what about those people whose sense of morality is different from ours? Those who have always been brought up in an environment where, stealing , robbing, murdering, etc was the order of the day. Those who have been taught to disrespect human life right from when they were born, those who have been taught to use force to obtain things. Those who'd rather kill than be compassionate.

Can they be justified to do anything (which we consider wrong/immoral)?

Rape and murder.

And I think  such crimes are unavoidable as such crimes are committed mostly due to psychological instability(which includes psychological conditions like schizophrenia etc.) or other such conditions that makes 'em insane..

The murderer or the rapist are mentally unstable, heart-less woodden piece of blocks in my eyes, so.. any punishment would be considered less. And besides, the convicted always gets a life sentence or death penalty which is not the solution!

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 13 years ago

Since we are talking about justifications too, kabhi kabhi mere dil me sawaal aata hai ki what about those people whose sense of morality is different from ours? Those who have always been brought up in an environment where, stealing , robbing, murdering, etc was the order of the day. Those who have been taught to disrespect human life right from when they were born, those who have been taught to use force to obtain things. Those who'd rather kill than be compassionate.

Can they be justified to do anything (which we consider wrong/immoral)?

Cloddy Bhai you are getting romantic.😆

Just because you lie, doesn't mean the thing didn't exist na.😕

Yeah, yeah, i am cloddy re-bended.😆

It does cloddy.. if a girl refuses to tell truth about rape.. the truth never surfaces... lies can hide the truth.. forever...
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

True...however, do you think the "background" actually matters when we speak of deeds like rape?

------------

As per the topic, I will go with rape. With all the others, I can find suitable justifications behind them (like self defense, insanity, etc), whereas with rape, I just can't find a single one. From rape, it is marital rape which takes the cake for being the worst crime ever.
At least other forms of rape are not glorified or seen as "normal" like marital rape.

Background: Lets see two scenarios

1)  A person performs consensual sexual favors in hopes of benefits, but files charges when benefits are not received. Crime: Rape

2) A person is upset at spouse having an affair and bludgeons the spouses lover to death. Crime: Murder

Which is worse?

I cannot pick anyone crime as the biggest punishment because I adhere to relativism and background is everything for me when judging a crime and its punishment.

But on a very general scale I would have to say outright rape. The punishment. Having parts being grated off with a cheese grater. I've pondered over this and if the rapist happens to be woman, the punishment can be worked around, they did not create microplanes and nutmeg graters for nothing.

Originally posted by Gauri_3

I agree with cloddy.  But if I have to pick from the list, I'd go with abortion by choice followed by rape.

How can you call abortion worse than rape? 😲