Fraud
Stealing
Drug Business
Nothing
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Background: Lets see two scenarios

1)  A person performs consensual sexual favors in hopes of benefits, but files charges when benefits are not received. Crime: Rape

2) A person is upset at spouse having an affair and bludgeons the spouses lover to death. Crime: Murder

Which is worse?

I cannot pick anyone crime as the biggest punishment because I adhere to relativism and background is everything for me when judging a crime and its punishment.

But on a very general scale I would have to say outright rape. The punishment. Having parts being grated off with a cheese grater. I've pondered over this and if the rapist happens to be woman, the punishment can be worked around, they did not create microplanes and nutmeg graters for nothing.

Like i said.. earlier.. 1. would be worse since it amounts to lying.. Crimes of passion do get some leniency...Rape is not the worst since in countries like US its impossible to establish rape.. cos of consensual sex....

How can you call abortion worse than rape? 😲

because that's what I think.
Originally posted by Gauri_3

because that's what I think.

And what makes you think that way. What is the scale you use to rate one crime over another?
Originally posted by Mindbender

Since we are talking about justifications too, kabhi kabhi mere dil me sawaal aata hai ki what about those people whose sense of morality is different from ours? Those who have always been brought up in an environment where, stealing , robbing, murdering, etc was the order of the day. Those who have been taught to disrespect human life right from when they were born, those who have been taught to use force to obtain things. Those who'd rather kill than be compassionate.

Can they be justified to do anything (which we consider wrong/immoral)?

For people with four limbs and look like humans that domain of morality is already defined.. and thats established crime.. but you mgith have chance to redefine the morality on mars or some other planet,,,the way you have mentioned...😆

And what makes you think that way. What is the scale you use to rate one crime over another?

GD, don't do it. Don't fall into that trap. She is just looking for a debate on abortion. 😛

How can you call abortion worse than rape? 😲

Abortion is as worse as a rape.. (sorry if I'm butting in like this)

Imagine poor souls being killed right after they started having life !  And have you seen the way such foetuses are disposed..?? 😵 

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

GD, don't do it. Don't fall into that trap. She is just looking for a debate on abortion. 😛

No honest to God, you are misunderstanding me. I promise I wont debate on abortion. Everyone knows my views.

I'm just trying to get at on what basis does she rate crimes.

Jeez woman, why do you always suspect me of these covert debates. 😡
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

Abortion is as worse as a rape.. (sorry if I'm butting in like this)

Imagine poor souls being killed right after they started having life !  And have you seen the way such foetuses are disposed..?? 😵 

In honor of what I told Ajnu in the post above, I will not debate abortion with you either.

But to get you started

What makes rape a terrible crime? How is it similar or different than abortion? On the crime scale what is higher/lower and what is your ethical moral basis from which you deduce that.
Killing someone is biggest crime!!...then about Rape...The man who is committing rape perhaps has more hormones than those moral people who manage to live with one woman for their whole life, thinking that they are moral....(its just a thought)😉 A man(women) with more hormones will need more women(men)... so will be the case with a woman....

*moderators note: Implicit support of rape. Members please watch your words when you make a post. Supporting/Encouraging of any criminal activity is not acceptable. If you did not mean something, please correct your words*
Edited by return_to_hades - 13 years ago
One of the worst forms of rape: Ragging / Hazing. Link 1 Link 2

There are debates 'whether' it's OK or wrong, and there are those who try to justify it, unlike the easily recognizable form of rape; and that's downright nasty!
Edited by mind-googling - 13 years ago