Running Through My Mind - 06/28/10

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey everyone!

I  believe I'm not the only one who was pleasantly surprised by the first episode for CCBM. πŸ˜ƒ I mean it wasn't what I'd expected - or maybe my expectations were too tainted to begin with. But before I get into that... I am not sure how many of you know of me (probably very few). I go by Fivr on IF and the only other serial I've ardently followed before now is LTL. Hopefully I'm going to take a liking to this show too (if today was any indication) which means that you guys should probably know something about me..

*fidgets nervously*

See the thing is... When I watch a show, there are a lot of things that stand out to me, that run through my head and that I keep thinking about. And to put my brain at rest, I just HAVE to get them out on paper - which is where you guys come in. πŸ˜³ I saw the episode today and a couple of things just occurred to me. They are probably nothing special, nothing you guys haven't noticed but bear with me while I get them out of my system..
I do tend to rant on at times, so if I ever do that I apologize in advance.

*giggles embarrassingly*

• The one thing I found absolutely refreshing about this show is it's simplicity. Take for example, the simple cinematic approach i.e. lack of "zooming" camera work and "flashing" lights that are used to indicate a "surprise" or an unexpected event. In almost all the other shows, we get to see *zoom**zoom**zoom* - *flash**flash**flash* at every unexpected curve. But this was simpler - it was more real. Here when Niveditha gets up from behind the sofa, the camera doesn't pan on everyone's faces while they feel uncomfortable. Or when Yash is getting yelled at by his dad, you get to see everyone's reactions in the background - the camera doesn't zoom in on Dadi and Niveditha every 2 seconds. *sigh* I really love the simplicity. And while we're on the topic, I also really liked the absence of women decked out in all their valuables on a regular day - Thank you for being normal! I do not walk around my house with my most expensive jewelery on at any given day and I'm glad that I finally see a family who doesn't do so either. πŸ˜†
  • The realistic connection between relationships was another thing I really liked. I know it is too early to judge yet - but I really enjoyed the lack of an apparent vamp in the episode today. Otherwise normally, you get introduced to the bad guys simultaneously with the good guys. But in this case, the "bad guys" are at most grey characters i.e. Chacha and Chachi. They don't hate Niveditha and her family. They're just more concerned with themselves, which is usually how the world works so I really found that interesting. The MBA-graduate brother was also just stating facts when he pointed out the different in living standards between "downstairs" and "upstairs". He wasn't being vindictive and he wasn't trying to be pointedly rude - the fact that it hurt Niveditha was just a byproduct of him caring for his family and sister. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing a realistic portrayal of family - even if it might be for a little while (hopefully not though). And speaking of realistic family portrayal, I think I'm in love with Niveditha-Yash relationship! OMG! That was just amazingly sweet - I have a younger sibling so I do not exaggerate when I tell you that that's exactly how I'd react. Exam k time pe notebook ghumma di!! Lol! They'd hear a earful from me on that one! And if the siblings' relationship was realistic, I was completely blown over by the true to life portrayal of the father-son relationship. THAT is how it really is - in frustrated household, I've seen the "son of the house" bear the brunt for all the financial shortcomings of the family. *realizes she's ranting* Oops.. Sorry guys.. I tend to lose track.. *embarrassed muh*
  • Coming to Niveditha and her antisocial tendencies - In my opinion, she isn't afraid of the crowd. She's just very, very, very uncomfortable around them. If given the opportunity she'd choose to around them or avoid them (because she's uncomfortable in their presence) as opposed to run away from them (which shows fear). It was only towards the end, when she could not avoid the stranger (seemingly) imposing on her that she made a run for the nearest camouflage. She wasn't scared of him - she was just bugged out of her skin at his presence. I felt that was a distinction that needed to be marked.. at least for my over-worked brain. πŸ˜† She's brilliant at home, witty and caring - simply put she's absolutely NORMAL at home. But put her in a crowd and her comfort level is seriously breached, causing her to act "weird" and "scared". *sigh* Can I say I totally understand? 😊
  • And looking at the precap, why do I feel that the dreaded "tried-till-death-track" of misunderstanding is going to be underway? That Divya is going to assume that the guy who walked out the car and to the house is her prospective proposal and that she might take a fondness to him, leading to future misunderstanding and strains between Niveditha's and her relationship? *prays fervently it ain't so* I really do not want to see that track. I've seen it too many times, for way too long. I know I'm jumping the gun here and that it might be absolutely nothing. But I just have to get it out of my system in case it is.

*phew*

*looks back at the post*

Erm.. Sorry guys.. It got a bit long..

But don't fear! I have ice-cream for everyone as a thank you for listening to me rant on for so long! 😳

*passes out ice cream* πŸ˜†

Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

P.Kamaljit.Sean thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
hey
wow that was long...
agree with all ur points....
first point: i did not even notice that zoom thingy
but thankz for telling...
abt precap even me do not want that track...
-Fivr- thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Pooji-

hey
wow that was long...
agree with all ur points....
first point: i did not even notice that zoom thingy
but thankz for telling...
abt precap even me do not want that track...

*smiles nervously*

Yeah.. I know.. It got a little long didn't it.. 😳 I lose track of my thoughts and just keep going for a while before I notice.. πŸ˜†

But that lack of zoom was the first thing I noticed - it was like a breeze of cool air. The continues camera work without any "stops" for zooming was amazing! πŸ˜ƒ
-Fivr- thumbnail
Aww thanks Nilam! I'm glad you liked it. 😳
-Fatima- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hey fivr
its very well written i also notice these things but the thing i love most in this show is its simplicity
-Fivr- thumbnail

@fsn: I know right! It's simple, it's every day. No gawdy make up and no decked out homes/women. Simple people in simple every day lives doing simple things. I like that. And I love how the cinematography brings that across.. πŸ˜ƒ

AreYaar thumbnail
Fivr, is this the first time that you are watching a Rajan Shahi show?? And btw I thought after LTL, you'd taken a liking to that 'thoda hai thode ki zaroorat show'....did you already abandon that for this show??? LOLL....

The lack of zoom is not that new a thing for me nowadays....it's there in SGP also.

I'm yet to watch the first epi of this show.....but well written post :-) Looks like you identify with the main protagonist a lot.
-Fivr- thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

Fivr, is this the first time that you are watching a Rajan Shahi show?? And btw I thought after LTL, you'd taken a liking to that 'thoda hai thode ki zaroorat show'....did you already abandon that for this show??? LOLL....

The lack of zoom is not that new a thing for me nowadays....it's there in SGP also.

I'm yet to watch the first epi of this show.....but well written post :-) Looks like you identify with the main protagonist a lot.

ANU!!! πŸ€— 

Lol! Yes, this is definitely the first time I'm watching a Rajan Shahi show.. Can you really tell? 😳

Oh and I'm still watching THBTKZH, but that's a family drama.. LTL is.. well.. it's LTL, uske barey mein aur kya bolon.. *blushes*

CCBM I like because I do identify with the female protagonist. A LOT. Lol.. When she stood aside to let the wedding procession pass, that was me.. Only I wouldn't have just stood there, I'd have gone around the building behind her, to the back street and then cut behind the procession. All this instead of walking through it.. πŸ˜†

But I'm looking forward to watching the first episode of this show. Let me know what you think.. Brickbats are totally welcome here too! *puts on her hard hat*.. πŸ˜‰

P.S. Yaar SGP is a class in itself. I cannot dare to expect SGP level ki performance from any other show. I had never expected it to begin with - which is why I'm so blown over by SGP as it is. But if I start take SGP ka standard as "normal" then I'd probably quit half the shows I watch.. πŸ˜†
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
LOLL *hugs back* haha yeah I can tell cuz having watched a few of his previous shows, I can see some patterns well enough now and they don't look so 'refreshing' or 'ground breaking' to me....

LOL looks like you now have a fav. show to watch in each category....family drama-check.....intense lowe story starring gangster don-check......love story with mega shy female protagonist-check......achha hai bhai...lol

Yeah I'll see when I get around to watching an epi....will try to post my views in here if they aren't too 'controversial'....haha....I toh was aevein wandering around IF so thought of checking out this forum....saw your post on the first page so dropped in....

*Edit: LOLL arey I wasn't comparing it to SGP....I was just giving an example of lack of zoom and where I've noticed it before also.....anyways, it's not like I compare every show to SGP also....there ARE other shows I watch for timepass tooπŸ˜†....I just take SGP more seriously cuz it's one of the few worth taking seriously😊
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
-Fivr- thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

LOLL *hugs back* haha yeah I can tell cuz having watched a few of his previous shows, I can see some patterns well enough now and they don't look so 'refreshing' or 'ground breaking' to me....

*sigh* Lol.. It's just my ignorance to all things RS which is causing me to think this is refreshing..? *sigh* Why am I not surprised.. I do tend to live under a rock.. 🀣

LOL looks like you now have a fav. show to watch in each category....family drama-check.....intense lowe story starring gangster don-check......love story with mega shy female protagonist-check......achha hai bhai...lol

EGGJACTLY!!! *gets all excited* πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I feel like the planets are finally aligning.. for now at least.. πŸ˜†

Yeah I'll see when I get around to watching an epi....will try to post my views in here if they aren't too 'controversial'....haha....I toh was aevein wandering around IF so thought of checking out this forum....saw your post on the first page so dropped in....

Arey don't you fikar! I have my hard hat on - you fire away! πŸ˜ƒ Plus, I love controversy - it makes me feel like a celebrity.. toh I am all for it! 🀣 I was intrigued by a shy/quiet protagonist and one that even looked the part. So I'd been waiting for this show. But I'm glad you dropped in.. πŸ˜ƒ

*Edit: LOLL arey I wasn't comparing it to SGP....I was just giving an example of lack of zoom and where I've noticed it before also.....anyways, it's not like I compare every show to SGP also....there ARE other shows I watch for timepass tooπŸ˜†....I just take SGP more seriously cuz it's one of the few worth taking seriously😊

Exactly!! But I didn't think of SGP when I thought of the lack of zooming because I tend to keep all SGP related thoughts/expectations in a different part of my brain.. πŸ˜† That's why I didn't connect the dots.. πŸ˜†