Open letter to Daya

Posted: 13 years ago
Dear (Insp) Daya,

You are the reason I became addicted to CID. You have been one of my most favourite TV characters of all time (the only other one being Abhijeet). I watched you as an 'extra' in those early episodes and wondered why such a handsome guy is an 'extra'. I watched you in the 'Missing Bullet' and for the first time felt like walking into the TV and giving you a big hug and telling you that everything will be fine. I cried when ACP asked you to hand over your badge and was screaming out when you were about to shoot yourself. Never was I so passionate about any TV show.

I missed one of the most classic episodes of all time - The Stolen Gun on its original air date because I saw it for 5 mins and it didn't feature you, so I thought it was a waste of time.

I watched you in those episodes after Stolen Dynamite and wondered as to why you were addressing Abhijeet as 'sir'. I saw 'The injured victim' and appreciated Abhijeet for rescuing your family. I saw the 'Father's revenge' and realised what a camaraderie you and Abhijeet share. I saw 'Healthy patient' and loved Salunke for rescuing you. I hated Daksh and Anjalika because they were always targetting you.

I hated the 2-3 years I was missing CID, you and Abhijeet, as there was no youtube. I thanked Sony last year for starting the re-runs and showing me all that I missed. I felt like I was never away. I thanked India Forums for giving me a chance to share my love for this lovely programme.

I felt like a family member had passed away after I watched Behroopiya. I cried the whole week, I cried again when you walked back into the bureau like a hero.

And sorry to say, that was the last and final time I ever saw the Daya I always knew. Rocky shot you...and in the process took away something that made you 'The Daya'.

I keep searching through all the episodes after that....to get a glimpse of the Daya I always knew. Every week I wait and watch...maybe this week 'The Daya' will be back...but no, something has gone missing. That smile, that camaraderie, that on-screen presence - it is not back yet.

Dear Daya....please come back!!!!!!

I also agree, Daya sir! Please come back as The Daya!
I was only 5 & 1/2 years old when u came in c.i.d. so then I was unable 2 understand cases and due 2 my immetureity I missed yours early episodes.but naw my maturity says u r really so handsome, dashing and smart 😳.I just love u ❤️.naw I dont want 2 miss u and c.i.d.u and abhi are just the best couple.R u really best friends?I think naw a days u should take care for ur figure.(Plz dont mind).best of luck 👍🏼.we all ur fans always with u.take care bye.
Even I feel the magic is missing yaar, But its all creative's fault 😡
me too love daya sir.......
I am also big fan of daya sir..
daya sir kaash ye letter pade!!
dear daya sir
 i am big fan 4 u ?
app ko deekhney ke liye mein cid deekhti ho  bcz u r so sweet.
Originally posted by sneha_fighter

Even I feel the magic is missing yaar, But its all creative's fault 😡
u r ryt diiiii.
creatives hav lost tehir brains
plz bring bak daya n d old abhi-daya bonding

daya sir missing you soo much....i really want the old daya sir back 😭 your door breaking also had become less...you aren't slapping most of the criminals now...(ye shub kaam toh ab sachin,abhijeet aur vivek hi kar raha hai) 😔 daya sir please i want you back somehow 🤗