WOMEN IN CID [Past & Present]

Posted: 13 years ago

I never realized that till now we have seen as many as 18 women (unless I have missed any, let me know) in CID as Officers and Forensic doctors.

CID OFFICERS

======================

1. ASHA

2. MRIDULA

3. ADITI

4. PRIYANKA

5. ANUSHKA

6. MUSKAAN

7. DEVYANA

8. KAVERI

9. LAVANYA

10. TASHA                                                        

11. KAJAL

FORENSIC EXPERTS

======================

1. DR. VRINDA WAGLE

2. DR. ANJALIKA DESHMUKH

3. DR. NIYATI PRADHAN

4. DR. ALKA

5. DR. NAYLA RAJADHYAKSHA

6. DR. TAARIKA

7. DR. SONALI BARWE   

Out of all these ladies the memorable strong women who made an impact are (according to me)

1. ASHA

[Best Lady cop ever, 6 years on, my prayers are on for her return]

2. DR. NIYATI PRADHAN

[What an amazing character, she was so full of life, an expert at what she did. I miss her so much and really want her back]

3. TASHA

[I love this girl. Was not impressed when she came, seemed like yet another plastic doll but naah she just won me over with time. Guess 'asha' is indeed a magic word]

4. DR. ANJALIKA DESHMUKH

[She was negative and hence I hate her but she was a strong woman]

Apart from these ADITI,  DR. VRINDA WAGLE and DR. NAYLA RAJADHYAKSHA have been noticable but somewhere lacked the punch the 4 women above had.

Rest have been mostly forgettable either due to bad characterizations or bad acting. 7 noticable women out of 18 is not a good ratio, just goes to show that Fireworks have taken easy way out and not taken women characters in the show seriously.
Edited by prabha. - 13 years ago
For me, Muskaan is someone that I can never forget. I liked her. And other than that, I think Anushka and Priyanka were really good. They had the scope of making an impact, but unfortunately neither of them lasted very long...
My opinion differs slightly from zerry! ( no offence meant yaar 😊)

For me as Prabha di said, Asha is incomparable. The main reason being her Chemistry wid the duo. Only one who cud match wid the 2! After tht everyone who came were "bachhis"    ðŸ˜†

Muskaan is someone who was ( for me) okkay at times n i got v pissed wid her at times! May be thats bcos i always felt tht Acp n abhi are a bit too swt wid her n she never reciprocated that feeling! Swt in the sense as an elder n senior abhi was v swt wid her! Many a times i have noticed this. But when neede i never found tht sense in Muskaan's expressions or behavior! Anyways lets not get into that!

Anushka was fine... I mean she was okkay for me! But priyanka.... Never liked her! Specially how can i forget Face off!!!

Rest of them cudnt make a mark !! Specially ppl lile lavanya n devyana(character) were a mistake by the creatives in my opinion!

Doctors- Niyati tops the list, followed by wagle who was well reserved n a good doc! Anjalika was a good doc too but again a character who cnt b liked much bcos of her deeds!

Rest is all aaye aur gaye types!

Edit: okkay i forgot Tasha! Well she took some time to impress me bt yes m impressed!!! She is the only one after many yrs who has the cop look!!! She carries herself well enough... Not too harsh neither very emotional! Liked her a lot in Sr. insp abhijeet... I mean the care n trust she had on abhi sir was v swt of her! N the way she guided daya to stay awy from madam P! ( guided boleto, normally... In a way she dis guide him na!)Edited by Shagnika - 13 years ago
For me Asha, Muskaan, Tasha and Aditi have made a mark in their own ways. I agree, Muskaan's character was suddenly messed up- Initially she was different and I liked her really a lot! Aditi I liked because of her dedication to her job and duty. She was different from the others in her own way. Tasha is certainly good and has a lot of potential. She is also so hardworking. Asha is definitely a league by herself-Dynamic and full of attitude, she was really fantastic....
Asha was undoubtedly the best, the absolute role model for a female cop. After her, it's Tasha who has won my full appreciation for her performance, especially her remarkable way of interrogating the suspects. I wish they give her more screen time and expand her role, she really deserves it IMO.

I did like Muskaan's performance and her bond with the seniors, but her emotional delivery wasn't really good I think. I'll still put her over most of the other female cops though since she certainly did good enough to make me appreciate her. Aditi did a great job too for most of the part, good enough for her death scene to have significant impact on the viewers IMO.

The rest of the female cops didn't really make much of an impression on me, I was quite neutral to them except Lavanya, whose performance was downright awful (no offense to her fans).

Regarding the forensic docs, Dr. Niyati and Anjalika were really good, I think (I hate Anjalika as a character, but I thought the actress performed very well).
I forgot to mention the forensic women....

Actually I never concentrated on forensic doctors.... I really dont have much to say... But yes Niyati did manage to impress me and Anjalika managed to make me hate her....

My 992nd post goes!!
Ofcourse, Asha is the best anyday. I totally agree with Prabha's post, I just sort of posted what I thought differently from her post. Apart from Asha, Aditi and Niyati, Muskaan is someone that I can't forget.

But the only ones that I really didnt't like were Lavanya and Dr. Alka. Not the characters, but the actors. They were terrible...Other than that, I disliked Dr.Anjalika's character although the actress was good.

my likes:
1.asha(as cop)
2.muskaan(beep...)
3.dr. anjalica(what acting! and becoz she was in the golden age)
4.tasha(really...)
5.divyana(cutest)
my hates:
1.anushka(no expression)
2.lavanya(bad acting)
3.kaveri(is she a cop!)
asha was the best one among cops
and i like niyati among for. expert

these two were the best women...they were excellent performers too...
cops:
Asha was best because she looks tough and her acting also super,Aditi she looks so delicate but i like the actress.Anushka i like this actress too,she also looks tough.

Muskaan she is too thin doesn't look like a cop(sorry muskaan fans).Devyana actress was ok but character itself is not good.

Lavnya and kaveri they were not impressed me.

Tasha she is really improving, she really doing a good job.
kajal i am waiting her to improve.

doctors:
I really like all the doctors, best is Dr.Niyathi pradhan.
Dr.Nyla Rajyadhyaksh she is really good and almost like Niyathi,all others also good but only shraddha should improve.

Edited by sakshya - 13 years ago