-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Reality bytes

SAKSHI DUREJA
     print     T+   T+     T-
Sachin Shroff

Actor Sachin Shroff on "Rakt Sambandh" and life beyond

Popular television actor Sachin Shroff, who has acted in serials like Har Ghar Kuchh Kehta Hai and Saat Phere in the past, now moves on to present another dimension of his acting dynamics with Imagine's Rakt Sambandh. Excerpts from an interview:

Why did you choose acting as a profession and what has been the driving force?

I was still in school when my dad passed away. Being the eldest son, I was expected to shoulder responsibility and I became a man overnight.

With no time to shed tears save the continual slog, it turned me into an inexpressive person. My emotions awaited a desperate vent and acting seemed the best citadel available and has been evermore since then.

How do you think acting is a vent for your emotions?

A human being was designed to be a storehouse of emotions. These volitional states of consciousness like joy, sorrow, fear, hate and love demand expression. While acting I try to catch the nerve of the character.

Thereby, it has been an interesting platform for me to experiment with different shades of my personality.

Rumours are a part and parcel of in the glamour world. How has it affected your life?

Gossip and glamour always come hand-in-hand. There is very little you can do about it. Media sensationalises stories because they sell. They did create enough hype during Pati, Patni and Woh as well but it's a personal prerogative if you allow it to take a toll on you.

In fact, after the show, the relationship between me and my wife, Juhi, has only strengthened.

Why did you opt for "Rakt Sambandh"? Hasn't the idea been put to practice already?

Considering the trend of serials revolving around sisters, Rakt Sambandh might seem like another brick in the wall but what sets it apart is that it's a tale of five sisters married into families with different backgrounds. Plus, the drama element it offers, I hope, it would be able to make a mark among others of its kind. Also, I play the character of Aditya, a man with absolute goals and a strong-headed vision. I liked the line of versatility my character walks on.

You've said told me that you had started a steel company at the age of 19, nineteen, which makes one wonder that if not an actor, would you have found yourself mentioned in the same breath as somebody synonymous to Lakshmi Mittal ?

(Laughs) I could never even dream of being that close. He is god, almost untouchable. I am a thorough realist and, therefore, like to aspire for achievable things only. Now after almost a decade of being an actor, it's hard to see myself any other way.

Keywords: Sachin Shroff, Sachin Shroff

-Fivr- thumbnail

Sayantani to be seen in Raaz Pichhle Janam Ka 2 
Raaz Pichle Janam Ka
2 is set to hit your TV screen this September. The shoot with Sayantani Ghosh kicked off yesterday. Not much is known about her past life in the show. However, the Bong girl has confirmed her presence. It was a once in a lifetime experience. The session last for three hours. It is full of fun and fear here we come to know that Sayantani has a fear of fire.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Jennifer-winget-is-unwell&aid=1987
-Fivr- thumbnail

Casting on for Juhi's show for SAB TV?

05 August 2010 | 7:32pm    41 Comments

Juhi Parmar and Sachin Shroff are believed to be taking giant strides towards setting up their first show on television..

niveditha thumbnail
'Naman daaru peeke danga karta hai'
Buzz up!

Sara's party nothing more than sham. Ali Merchant insults media?

Naman Shaw believes in every form of publicity – negative or positive. If sources present at Sara Khan's birthday bash are anything to go by, then a rather quiet Naman Shaw was seen in a rather aggressive and enraged mood at the party. The actor who was apparently in high spirits, hurled abuses at the media reporters after the cake cutting ceremony.

An onlooker says, "Ali Merchant didn't want the media to cover the actors letting their hair down on the dance floor. But when you have called the media to cover an event, you can't ask them to stop their cameras from rolling at your behest. Media didn't stop and tried to cover the actors dancing on the floor which is when a rather sloshed Naman out of the blue started hurling abuses at the media guys ordering them to stop covering the event. There were female reporters too but he seemed to be indifferent. We all tried to control him but he didn't budge. He even went on to say that he doesn't mind negative publicity as any form of publicity is good. His erratic behaviour had the media guys fuming in anger but Shaw was not in a mood to relent and repent on his crass behaviour."

Freelance journalist, Anil Merani who was present at the do says, "You have invited media hence it would be wrong on our part to ask them not to cover the event. I can't understand why actors are getting hesitant about dancing in front of camera? Naman's behaviour is not justified."

Naman however decilnes the news of being drunk or having had abused anyone. He says, "I did not say anything to anyone. I don't drink alcohol so I was very much in control of my senses. Ask those present and they will agree with me."

Another reporter who had covered the party says, "It a sponsored party and I am sure Ali and Sara hadn't spent anything for the party. There were hoardings of Richboyz Entertainment and a popular energy drink. Ali, who we all know is very media savvy, kept asking us to wait as their were surprises in store but there was nothing worth covering or mentioning about. The party was a dampener and fell flat. Sara was drunk too and kept dancing the entire night. Ali even went on to say that if media isn't asked to leave they would stay put here for no use till the morning. It was really insulting. Gaurav from Richboyz even gestured at one of the cameramen, that he will break his camera. I feel Naman was intrigued by Ali as the moment he said something to Shaw in his ears, he started hurling abuses at the reporters. But yes, he was certainly high and so must not have realised what he was doing? Apparently, Raja Chaudhary and Kamaal Rashid Khan were invited only to create a frenzy but the two didn't do anything much to the disappointment of the hosts. I feel Ali used the media just to flaunt his upcoming liaison and endeavours. It was really unsafe for the female reporters to cover the event."

We tried contacting Merchant but his mobile was switched off and Sara
feigned ignorance over Naman's incident and said, "I am very close to media and I can't think of insulting them. They are also my friends. I have no clue about Naman's incident. had I been aware, I would have taken care of it. All we requested the media was to stop covering the party after a point of time as we wanted to enjoy the party and most of the actors weren't comfortable doing so infront of camera. Also I wanted the media to enjoy too. I am not someone who appreciates negative publicity." didn't answer our call. We certainly wanted to ask them about the absence of Bollywood celebs Arshad Warsi and Sohail Khan, who Merchant claimed would be attending the do.

Well, the party has turned out to be a complete sham, but from what conspired, these actors don't mind negative publicity too. Arshad and Sohail certainly will give such a party a miss. No negative publicity for them please.
-Fivr- thumbnail
niveditha thumbnail
It's always a challenge playing a role that's out of the box. More so, for a newcomer.

And Dhruv Bhandari, Yuvraj of Rakt Sambandh is one such actor who's open to exploring the horizons, right at the onset. Believe it or not, but Dhruv is playing a eunuch in the show! Now you know what we meant by out-of-the-box!

"It requires lot of guts to play such a role, specially for somebody who's new to acting anyway," says Dhruv, admitting that he did feel nervous when he was told about this twist in the tale. "But I feel lucky that I'm going to get to do something that might set off a trend. And this will prove a point that I'm here to showcase my acting skills and to live up to my father's name," he says.

At this point, we can't help but ask what his father and veteran actor Mohan Bhandari's reaction was to Dhruv's role. "He was scared on the personal front for me, as he didn't know if I would be up for the challenge. But he did tell me that he's by my side and will be very proud of me if I do decide to take it up," he adds with a smile.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Dhruv-agrees-to-play-a-eunuch/articleshow/6275130.cms

niveditha thumbnail
Visitors to Lucknow always take back memories of the city's yummy food. Television actors Dhruv Bhandari and Sriti Jha are no different, though their food memories are going to be very different from everyone else's. At the press conference, organised at hotel Sarovar Portico on Friday in Lucknow, for the promotion of their show "Rakt Sambandh", the actors found insects in their sandwiches! And once the creepy crawlies made an appearance at the press con, they became the centre of all the attention.

Of course, it wasn't the kind of attention the hotel would enjoy. The staff immediately got into action, assured everyone that "such things happen during the rainy season" and whisked away the vegetable sandwiches. But Dhruv wasn't surprised at all. "At lunch time, I had a long strand of hair in my food. I did not complain as I thought it was a one-off case. And now we have worms in the sandwiches. Although I'm starving, I have ordered for food from outside the hotel. I am happy with my glass of water," he said.

Desh Raj Singh, food and beverage manager at the hotel explained, "The flies and the worms came from the plants kept in the room where the food was being served. This is the rainy season and we actually can't help such things from happening. It wasn't our fault. We did get the sandwiches changed later. Also, about the long strand of hair, it wasn't our chef's, as all our chefs have short hair."

But the team of "Rakt Sambandh" isn't impressed. And Jolenta D'souza, spokesperson for NDTV Imagine, the channel on which the show is to be aired, said, "I haven't cleared the dues at the hotel as I am not satisfied with the excuse that the manager is giving. According to him, there was just one fly in the sandwiches. It's ridiculous to know how such a big hotel in the city can come up with such an excuse.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Sriti-Dhruv-served-with-insects/articleshow/6281663.cms
-Fivr- thumbnail

Sachin Shroff enters Thoda Hai Bas Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai..

13 August 2010 | 9:55pm    7 Comments

Sachin Shroff will from now on play the role of Shreekant Kulkarni in COLORS' show, Thoda Hai Bas Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai..

niveditha thumbnail
Fifteen minutes in to the conversation with Sachin Shroff and you are convinced that the actor is "extra cautious" of what he speaks about. That's not all, Sachin doesn't make a conscious effort to appear "reserved". Just that he is comfortable being this way and has fortunately "survived" in the industry. "If you think I can blabber to impress people, let me tell you, I just can't. But I'm lucky that both viewers and directors have focused more on my acting potential than oratorical skills," he states.

While many girls still think of him as a hunk, which is quite evident from the fact that his female following hasn't seen a down scale, even after his marriage, Sachin modestly declines it. "I don't think I'm a hunk and if people continue to believe that I don't take it seriously. When it comes to work, I know I'm addicted to it and don't mind working like an insane person. I don't have an issue working non-stop for even 48 hours, which I have, because I'm committed to my work. And that's what matters most to me."

Currently seen as in "Rakt Sambandh", Sachin along with wife Juhi Parmar is also toying with the idea of producing TV shows. "It is too early for us to share any details, but yes we are working on something. In fact, we have approached few channels with our themes and are awaiting their reply. One can't expect the channel to pull off a show to air our project. Channels have their marketing strategies and a research department to work things out. So it is a time-consuming phenomenon. While the creative part will be handled by Juhi, I will look after the finances. I would be lying if I say neither of us is apprehensive. It is expected. For, it is a new domain and we aren't too aware about it. But yes, we will offer what the audience will love." But this doesn't mean the duo, who has appeared in several reality shows, will produce one that soon. "No, we wouldn't like the pilot project to be a reality show. We want to be sure before we plunge into it."

Sounding critical of "Pati Patni Aur Woh", the reality sitcom Sachin participated in, he isn't convinced with the way he and Juhi were projected. "A lot of things shown in the show were exaggerated. So those bouts of anger etc were hyped. Juhi doesn't feel the need to please people. She says what she believes in and I appreciate that quality. In fact, not many people know that she has put on weight because of her thyroid problem. Thankfully, everything is under control, hats off to her willpower" he says.

Sachin, who has invariably been the "producer's boy", says if he has worked non-stop for 48 hours, it has only been for the love for his work. "When actors learn to put in more hours, they find themselves getting more attention and of course projects than they can't even hope for. So producers like Aruna Iraniji and Shobhana Desai roping me in for their projects multiple times, speaks volume of the seriousness towards my work. I believe, sincere efforts never go unnoticed. Just that one ought to be patient till hardwork pays off."

Is this quality – of working for long hours and creating no noise about it – rarely found? "No, not really. Everybody knows nothing can be achieved till they put in more efforts. The only difference is that not everybody talks about it. Those who keep mum don't want to be misunderstood." Misunderstood? "Yes, a lot of times, working overtime is misinterpreted as exploitation. Others might feel that they are not paid in consonance with the long hours they invest," he says.

Contrary to the common perception that celebrity marriages fail because the pull to cheat on the partner is high, Sachin, who got married to Juhi last year, believes it applies to everybody. "It depends only on the couple's compatibility. Yes, the word sounds familiar. But calls for a greater level of patience. As, with time you begin to realise if the person you had fallen for has dreams and opinions that fit with your perspectives or not. And that's when the compatiblity factor comes in. A compatible relationship has to be built. It requires time and consistent efforts. Not getting along doesn't mean cheating on your partner," he declares.

But isn't the media scrutinising celebrity marriages irksome? "Thankfully, this hasn't happened to us, except on our wedding day. There were, I remember about 30 cameras monitoring our movements and action, but the media never created any hassles for us. On the contrary, they were all very co-operative."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Im-a-producers-actor-Sachin-Shroff/articleshow/6305514.cms
-Fivr- thumbnail

Here comes the Rain...

31 August 2010 | 7:40pm    4 Comments

Rains have got our actors romantic, and here they are in their best of moods, as they share their rainy experiences with us and much more...