BV - July 26th 2010 - Written Update

iloveidiotbox thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Anandi continues talking to her puppets. She talks to Nandu doll saying Gehna must not be scolding him at all since she had made Gehna promise that she would never scold Nandu. In Jetsar, they show Gehna running around yelling Nandu's name. Basanth comes there and asks what happened. Gehna tells him that Nandu did not drink his milk and put it back in the vessel and ran away. Basanth tries to distract Gehna, while shielding Nandu. Gehna realises this and catches hold of Nandu. She tells him that she won't scold him since she has promised Anandi. Basanth hopes Anandi comes soon to save Nandu as he has become very naughty.
Anandi continues to talk to Daadisa doll. She says Jagya never writes about her and it looks like he still doesn't talk to Daadisa. She promises Daadisa to help her reconcile with Jagya and that she remembers all of Daadisa's words. She then talks to Jagya doll wondering how he looks now. She hopes he doesn't have a big mustache like the village halwai. She says that she secretly hoped that Jagya would come meet her, but then she was the one who had made him promise not to do so.
Krishna bhabhi calls out to Anandi that Phooli was waiting for her at the mela. Anandi gets very excited and runs out of the house. Gulli joins her and the two of them go to the mela. They wonder how they will find Phooli.

Phooli calls out to Anandi from the ferris wheel and asks Anandi to get on it to get Jagya's letter. Anandi refuses, so Phooli throws Jagya's letter, asking anandi to catch it. Anandi chases the letter all over the place and it lands in the hands of a young man with a big mustache (Looks like Jagya) He teases Anandi and refuses to give the letter saying he caught it and its his. Anandi is about to cry, so he offers to give her the letter if she tries to get it out of his hands. he holds the letter above her head and Gulli bites his leg. When he bends, Anandi snatches the letter and runs away.

Phooli comes there and asks Anandi what happened. Anandi says she won't talk to anyone until she reads Jagya's letter. She goes to a corner and tries reading it, but it is in English. Phooli tells her to try reading it since she knows a little English. The letter begins with Dear Sweet Anandi and then Anandi is not able to read any further since the words are too complicated (It appears to be Jagya's class-notes. Anandi asks Phooli to read it, who says its too complicated even for her. She asks Anandi to have it read by someone else without revealing its her letter.

Precap : Anandi goes around the mela asking people if they can read English....

Edited by iloveidiotbox - 13 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

divmath thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update...today's episode was so cute....Specially Jagya - he is one cute fella ! Loved the mischievous way he played the prank !!! Cant wait to see tomorrows episode where he will read his own letter 👏

But I am sad about one thing - Anandi cannot read English - which means as feared she did not go to school all these years ! I expected more of her, since she was a kid she used to love studying and suddenly she gave up... At least Bhairav should have forced her to study, after all he was taking care of Anandi and her mom since Khajan Singh was in Jail !!! That would have been a good message... Hmmm..anyways lets hope for the best !
regalla thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for the update...

plus, i agree, even i felt disappointed that no importance/emphasis was given to Anandi's continuation of education....Maybe in their enthusiasm to show the Rural Rajasthan, the CVs have missed out on an important message...Had Anandi been educated, she would have been a boon to the household and her kids.....that way the message ..that "you teach a woman and the entire household is educated" is lost.........today, she is no better than Gehna or Sumitra....

OK.. i understand, she was asking Gulli to learn the table of 10, but that is it...maybe her own knowledge could not exceed the syllabus of maximum 8th standard.......(i am not too sure...but maybe around the time she decided that she wont study further in order to appease DAdisa)....but then, orthodox practices (of not imparting education to girls, lest they get superiority complexes over their husbands) won hands down....

Anandi was brighter than Jagya....and today, she is unable to read a letter written by Jagya.........by the way, what did she do in all these 5 years except speaking to those puppets....she could have utilised her time in self-study.....and raised her knowledge levels......if at all, she had promised that she will never go to school (though even that is weird to me)...and what did Bhairon do....sent her to her parent's place..and forgot all promises of imparting education to her too.....

actually, education has always been placed on the backburner in this show...Sugna got widowed after the demise of PRatap, she was shown going to school some 2-3 times only.... and once, she was married off to Shyam, there was no such discussion/talk about her education continuation....uske baad kewal bache......ek Pratap wala ..and the next her pregnancy (that unluckily didnt end)...what after that...just domestic obligations.....2-3 din ka time pass tha education uske liye bhi ...as per the CVs.Edited by regalla - 13 years ago
divmath thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: regalla

thanks for the update...

plus, i agree, even i felt disappointed that no importance/emphasis was given to Anandi's continuation of education....Maybe in their enthusiasm to show the Rural Rajasthan, the CVs have missed out on an important message...Had Anandi been educated, she would have been a boon to the household and her kids.....that way the message ..that "you teach a woman and the entire household is educated" is lost.........today, she is no better than Gehna or Sumitra....

OK.. i understand, she was asking Gulli to learn the table of 10, but that is it...maybe her own knowledge could not exceed the syllabus of maximum 8th standard.......(i am not too sure...but maybe around the time she decided that she wont study further in order to appease DAdisa)....but then, orthodox practices (of not imparting education to girls, lest they get superiority complexes over their husbands) won hands down....

Anandi was brighter than Jagya....and today, she is unable to read a letter written by Jagya.........by the way, what did she do in all these 5 years except speaking to those puppets....she could have utilised her time in self-study.....and raised her knowledge levels......if at all, she had promised that she will never go to school (though even that is weird to me)...and what did Bhairon do....sent her to her parent's place..and forgot all promises of imparting education to her too.....

actually, education has always been placed on the backburner in this show...Sugna got widowed after the demise of PRatap, she was shown going to school some 2-3 times only.... and once, she was married off to Shyam, there was no such discussion/talk about her education continuation....uske baad kewal bache......ek Pratap wala ..and the next her pregnancy (that unluckily didnt end)...what after that...just domestic obligations.....2-3 din ka time pass tha education uske liye bhi ...as per the CVs.

Totally Agree to whatever you have written..I second you...No importance whatsoever to education. Shyam being a well educated guy, I expected he would encourage Sugna to study - did not happen.

Coming to Anandi, I cant believe a girl who used to long to have books in her hands has suddenly turned into another Gehna/Sumitra ...Talking to puppets, keeping a paper under poori and some domestic stuff...Disappointed in CV big time...I wanted Anandi to be a "Collecterni" as Daadisa used to say ! not another gharelu beendni...They should have shown Anandi to be well educated as well as a good wife and bahu..That would have been the best message to the society and also Daadisa !
pjyo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Its ridiculous 😡 for Anandi not to continue her studies --this is the same kid that wrote exams with burnt hands now she cant even read basic english 😲 😡
Even bhairav didnt force her to study,such important decisions of education shouldnt be made by kids-bhairav should have given anandi his Saugandh."Go to school,tujhe thare baapusaa ki sau" -- that is the only language she understands -but Noo all the writers are intrested is in giving speeches about education rather than educating the girl child 👎🏼 She could have been so much more inspiring had she kept studying
regalla thumbnail
sometimes I really wonder ab "Udaan" jaise serials kyon nahin bante? does anybody out there remember anything about the serial...even i was a kid at that time, but was highly impressed with the plot and the main character, that of a girl (played by Kavita Chaudhary of Surf Advertisement fame), who crosses all hurdles/hardships to become an IPS Officer.......that was probably the most sincere serial towards women empowerment............
pjyo thumbnail
@divyamathur
Sooo   agree with the collectrain thing--Everytime dadisa taunted her as 'collectrain' i would be like .'just you wait and watch she will become that and even you will be proud of her one day"   
But ALAS story writers ne mere saare ummedon pe paani pher diya 😭 😭 and iam heartbroken watching her struggle to read even basic english 😒 👎🏼   👎🏼
pjyo thumbnail

Originally posted by: regalla

sometimes I really wonder ab "Udaan" jaise serials kyon nahin bante? does anybody out there remember anything about the serial...even i was a kid at that time, but was highly impressed with the plot and the main character, that of a girl (played by Kavita Chaudhary of Surf Advertisement fame), who crosses all hurdles/hardships to become an IPS Officer.......that was probably the most sincere serial towards women empowerment............

oh it was the best days of doordarshan television with out starplus destroying every thing --i used to wait for udaan ,maalgudi days ,bhaarat ek khoj ..when she came back as ips officer her father played by vikram gokhale was so proud 👏 👏 i was so happy to see her dreams come true 👍🏼 --those were the best days on indian tv 👍🏼
sanw thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the update

poor JaAn were in front of each other, yet they didnt realise
regalla thumbnail

Originally posted by: sanw

thanks for the update

poor JaAn were in front of each other, yet they didnt realise

hey..it seems Jagya very much knows that she is Anandi...that is why he is pulling her leg...Phooli must have pointed to her....secondly, Jagya can very well recognize the letter that he himself has written...isnt it? and when Anandi is fighting for the letter....obviously, it was meant for her..and so the writer of the letter i.e. Jagya can very well make 2+2 i.e. understand that the letter was for this girl, and so this is how Anandi looks after nearly 5 years......