Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

*~* Thoughts about Suffering *~*

sana.samir thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at the moment.

If you had not suffered as you may have, there would be no depth to you as a human being, no humiliation, no compassion.

Suffering cracks open the shell of ego and then comes a point when it has served it's purpose. Much suffering, unhappiness arises when you take each thought that comes into your head for the truth. Situations don't make you unhappy, they may cause pain but they don't make you unhappy. Your thoughts make you unhappy. Your interpretations, the stories you tell yourself make you unhappy.

Little stories we tell ourselves and others, often in the form of complaints. They are unconsciously designed to enhance our always deficent sense of self through being 'right' and making someone or something 'wrong'.

Suffering begins when you mentally name a situation in some way as bad. Nothing could be more normal than an unwillingness to suffer. Therefore, letting go of that unwillingness, and allowing the pain to be there, you may notice a subtle inner separation from the pain, a space or gap.

Bring acceptance into your nonacceptance and bring surrender into your nonsurrender. See what happens.

----------

Hey! Happy Independence Day to everyone!

I hope everyone likes this.. And not put everyone to sleep!
Suggestions and critcism is most welcome!

Sana

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Nishi* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
very very true 👏 a thing i hate is when people wish that life was full of happiness and peace. they just dont want to accept the present, i guess. your thoughts are very true and it can bring better things. i mean that as you said, without pain and suffering, a person couldn't do better and see the beauty amidst the sadness in life. i loved it 😊