Time Bomb 9/11

Articles of Time Bomb - Page 2

damsel111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Akashdeep Sehgal

Film:
Hum and Satte Pe Satta

Scene: There are two and both are by Amitabh Bachchan. One is the 'ek ganda kida, saari naali ko ganda karta hai' scene from Hum. The second one is the 'daru pike liver kharab hota hai' scene from Satte Pe Satta.

They are highly irritating, but you'll still laugh at them.

Why I like them: They're different. The scenes are hammed, but they're very funny!

Movie I can never tire of: Sholay. Every time I pass the TV and hear Gabbar, I sit down to watch!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Time Bomb is finally here

Court clears Time Bomb

Absolved of being a copy of 24, the Zee blockbuster premiered last night

Sapana Patil and Shweta Teotia

In a case where reel life and real life collide, the serial Time Bomb has created disturbances. The blaring similarities between the characterization of its villain Osama and the real life Osama is at the root of the controversy.However it just got the green signal yesterday as the Delhi High Court gave Zee Telefilms Ltd a clean chit to telecast its first episode last night. "The Delhi High Court saw no merit in the case and it has granted permission to screen the episode," informed Ahish Kaul, Vice President Corporate Brand Development Group, Zee Telefilms Ltd. Zee Telefilms Ltd. maintained that the political thriller Time Bomb bore no resemblance to the US serial 24. According to a published report, Subhash Chandra CMD of Zee Telefilms Ltd, had applied to 20th Century Fox in India for licensing the rights to 24 to create a local version in India. But the company had told Chandra then that the licensing would not be possible,' Ashish Kaul refuted, "The people at 20th Century Fox may say what they want to. But there is no truth in it."On the next hearing scheduled for Wednesday, Ashish Kaul expects the case to end finally on a favourable note. Director of the serial Ketan Mehta seemed relaxed as he offered, "I am feeling good that the dust has settled although I believe that the matter was born out of channel rivalry. It actually makes the matter frivolous and completely unnecessary."Well all argued and heard, it's time for the bomb to blast. Will it?
Safe_Haven thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Zee TV
Monday, 10 pm
Average Rating: ****
It felt like the first showers of rain after a long dry summer.
Breaking the monotony on television and the stereotypical portrayal
of situations, India's costliest ever show Time Bomb, has begun to
tick on Zee. With politics as its core, the show also moves on to
the disturbed personal lives of the various characters. The parallel
tracks including that of the villain Osama, smoothly pull themselves
along. Director Ketan Mehta has made good use of the technique of
showing clippings of events simultaneously to create multiplicity.
The show ensures that the audience's heart beat keeps racing with
every tick of the timer, also reminding them of the pace of the
events. Having too many talented actors could mean seeing less of
them and one can actually experience that on Time Bomb. The first
episode could have displeased Kay Kay's fans. One can confidently
say that the actors have actually got into the skin of the
respective characters making it look natural. This is the cake that
Ketan can righteously have. Also, it appearto be a wise decision on
part of debutant actor Amrita Saluja to have taken up acting. The
whirlpool lady definitely has a lot of magic in her. Time Bomb is a
relief for audiences seeking to free themselves from the shackles of
the saas and bahus. If the show maintains its intensity it can
definitely create new audience if not pull the existing soap
watchers. One hopes that the show turns out to be equally good in
the following episodes and there is not just smoke at the end of it.
natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Well all of you might be aware that the Delhi High Court has allowed the telecast of Time Bomb... that is why the people in India got to see the show... Ketan Mehta & Company have crossed hurdle number one... but the game's not over yet. The hearings at court will continue. Here's an article by indiantelevision.com

Indiantelevision.com's News Headlines

Delhi HC allows 'Time Bomb' telecast; hearings to continue

By BIJOY A K
Indiantelevision.com Team

(20 June 2005 5:00 pm)

MUMBAI:The Delhi High Court has declined to grant an injunction against the scheduled launch tonight of Zee TV's big budget primetime weekly Time Bomb.

The court was hearing the case today on a suite filed by Twentieth Century Fox last Friday that the Zee TV thriller has copied the concept of its ongoing TV serial 24. After more than two hours of hearing today, justice Anil Kumar adjourned the matter for Wednesday to hear the version of Zee Telefilms.

"Fox's request to grant an injunction has been dismissed. The serial will launch tonight as planned," Essel Group VP corporate communications and brand development group Ashish Kaul told indiantelevision.com.

Senior advocate Arun Jaitley fought for Zee while Amarjit Singh Chandioke and C M Lall appeared for the US producer.

Fox lawyers displayed the CD of the serial and explained the unique way in which 24 was made and contended that the act of ZTL amounted to infringement of copyright.

Jaitley argued that nobody could monopolise on the concept of terrorism and claimed that Time Bomb was the extended version of another Zee serial Pradhan Mantri.

When contacted, Time Bomb's writer-producer-director Ketan Mehta said, "After hearing both the parties' arguments, the court passed a judgment in favour of Zee TV permitting it to launch the show. The final verdict is not yet out. The hearing will continue."

On 17 June, Twentieth Century Fox moved the Delhi High Court requesting the court to take action against Zee Telefilms Limited on copyright infringement. Refusing to stay the telecast of the serial, the court asked ZTL to file its reply and affidavit on or before 20 June, Monday and place before it the CD/VCD of the first episode of the scheduled programme.

Time Bomb is a hit... that's for sure.... it beat Kyunki on Monday, maybe it's popularity will help it in court. That makes things easier for Mr. Mehta and difficult for 20th Century Fox.

A local survey conducted in India said: (don't know the source, read about it in one of the MSN Groups... allowed to post the details here)

Around 2000 people were randomly questioned about TB... they were asked if they would prefer TB to Kahaani & Kyunki... here are the results...

82% - will watch TB, sick of the 'K' sterotype stories

98.2%- we decided to watch the show initially because we'll get to see Sujal (Rajeev Khandelwal) in action

There is also a general public request to the makers of TB, that a second part be prepared... that should definately feature Rajeev... (was the public request) Akash is also good... but they have to show Rajeev... he's an icon {I couldn't agree more my friend}

____________________________________________________________ _______

Seems as if Balaji & Ekta are in for a bit of trouble...

ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Time Bomb defuses Kasshish

CANNIBALISING VIEWERSHIP: Ayub Khan and Simone Singh in Kasshish
Ketan Mehta's new series Time Bomb finally exploded on the small screen on Monday night. The show, one of the channel's most hyped in recent times, has expensive promos, huge posters, and lavish billboards.

Zee has gone for the kill with Time Bomb — but at the expense of other shows.

Not many viewers knew that an hour after the launch of Time Bomb was the debut of Ravi Rai's much-anticipated Kasshish. The late night drama, starring Ayub Khan, Simone Singh and Kitu Gidwani, revolves around the extramarital relationship of a man and its fallout on his marriage.

Rai ignored

Rajeev Khandelwal in Time Bomb
But the show has received practically zero publicity from the channel. No posters, no billboards, hardly any teasers, and no interaction with the media.

This comes as a surprise, as Rai is one of the most reputed directors in television.

When contacted Rai said, "The show is my baby, but once I hand it over to the channel, it becomes their responsibility. I cannot sit and grumble that I want this and that."

But isn't the director peeved that the show has been pushed back to an 11 pm slot, rather than being with other family dramas in the 10 pm slot? "I am sure the channel has made the decision after careful planning," is all Rai will say.

What about the limelight that Time Bomb is hogging? Says Rai, "If the channel thinks Time Bomb works for them, so be it. When I did Sailaab, people said it would sink in no time. But it was one of the biggest shows of my career. Only time will tell which show will run and which will flop."

Chunnel vision

Zee group Vice President Ashish Kaul says, "For us, nothing is more important than Time Bomb right now.

We look at making the show our biggest property, and it already is, in terms of production value and star cast. Zee aims to make Time Bomb the driving factor for the channel, which will influence the ratings of other shows in a positive light."

Commenting on the conscious effort to not give any other shows publicity Kaul says, "Kasshish is one of the best shows we have. In my opinion, it should do well on its own. If Time Bomb does well at 10 pm, we believe it will also add to the viewership of Kasshish at 11 pm."

damsel111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Zee TV's latest launch Time Bomb continues to be in the news. The Ketan Mehta serial, which has already created waves, be it the starcast, heavy duty promotions or the legal clash with Twentieth Century Fox over copyright issues, is now laying claim to being a ratings success as well.

Zee TV has claimed that the opening episode of its weekly blockbuster thriller that aired last night (10-11 pm) scored ahead of even Star Plus' "big behen" soap Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhie Bahu Thi. Of course, it is pertinent to note here that it is not TAM India data that has been used to generate the results obtained but aMap (Audience Map) ratings. It was in June 2004 that Audience Measurement and Analytics (AMA) announced the launch of online television ratings system aMap and Zee is their first client.

According to the aMap data provided by the channel, Time Bomb recorded 3.2 TVRs, ahead of Kyunki...'s 2.5 TVRs in the C&S 4+ Mumbai market.

Overall, Time Bomb stands second, behind the other Star Plus heavyweight Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, which scored a Mumbai high of 4.2 TVRs.

Additionally, Zee claims that Time Bomb helped it attain the maximum reach in Mumbai of 17.5 per cent, ahead of Star Plus' 15.9 per cent and Sony's 11.3 per cent. This was for the 10 pm band.

Commenting on the TVRs from aMap, Zee TV business head Abhijit Saxena says, "These figures are a clear indication that viewers are looking for a change and Ketan Mehta's thriller Time Bomb has been widely appreciated."

Saxena added, "We have recently launched shows like Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka and Sarrkkar and with a slew of programmes lined up in the coming weeks, Zee TV promises to be the market leader. Time Bomb, the first amongst the many upcoming weeklies of Zee TV, has further strengthened the Zee TV prime time band that now starts at 7:30 pm with Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka and continues till 11:30 pm with Kasshish a daily at 11pm."

waww isnt this gud newz😃

hey i hope this is not already posted.. i checked but cudnt find😳

Edited by Megha_Desai - 18 years ago
ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Kasshish blows Time Bomb

By: The metro Team

June 23, 2005

On June 20 Zee TV launched two new daily serials — Kasshish and Time Bomb 9/11. Both have their plus points.

While Time Bomb has the immensely popular Rajeev Khandelwal in the lead, Kasshish is the brainchild of director Rajiv Rai, who has previously given hits like Sailaab.

metro asks residents which one they preferred and if they'd give up their saas-bahu dramas for these new kids on the television block.

Navneeta Mehta
Resident of Lokhandwala

"I did not completely understand the story of Time Bomb, especially the bits about Osama. I hope the producers know what they are getting into and will not rouse communal feelings.

"I doubt I will want to watch it again. On the other hand I watch Kosmic Chat regularly and like Simone Singh and so I tuned in to watch Kasshish, especially for her. I think the serial began well, was fast paced and interesting. I will definitely keep track of it."

Maya Dewan
Resident of Lokahndwala

"I was disappointed with Time Bomb. The script seemed too complicated and failed to hold my attention.

By the end I left for a wedding without watching the entire episode. I used to like Rajeev Khandelwal as Sujal in Kahiin To Hoga but he failed to impress here. Maybe I will understand the plot better in the forthcoming episodes.

However, I did like Kasshish and it immediately caught my attention. I like the look of the serial and it managed to keep me rooted to my chair."

Sharda Soneji
Resident of Four Bungalows

"The serial Time Bomb has just started and I have not formed an opinion about it. Ketan Mehta has directed it and that is why I was keen to watch it. The locations that were passed off as Kashmir looked believable. The episode seemed nice but it is too early to form an opinion.

"I wanted to watch Kasshish but it airs too late at night. I am a working woman and had to finish my house chores so I opted out of watching it. Maybe I will watch the rerun."

ambarinaaltaf thumbnail
Varun helps Kareena solve her woes

MORALE BOoSTER: Varun and Kareena in Kareena Kareena
Now that Kareena's (Kulraj Randhawa) secret is out of the bag in Kareena Kareena (Zee), she feels like it's the end of the world for her.

In the last few episodes it has been revealed that Kareena's lies are discovered and everyone is disappointed with her.

With Tushar (Sandeep Rajora) meeting with a serious accident, things get more complicated as Kareena is indirectly blamed for his current state.

Monday's episode will show that her family decides it's time for her to pack her bags and leave Mumbai for Chandigarh.

Faced with this decision, Kareena realises it is time for her to go to Radio Curry and tell them that she will no longer be working for them. Prem (Sharokh Bharucha) tells her that the decision to leave the city is wrong and she should think twice about it.

In this confused state of mind, Kareena decides to seek some peace in a temple. On her way back, she meets RAW agent Varun (Rajeev Khandelwal).

He is basically driving on the road and sees Kareena walking on the way lost in her thoughts. He honks for her to get out of the way but she is totally clueless. He finally pulls over and gives her a lift.

Commenting on his cameo role, Khandelwal says, "It was good fun working with Kulraj.

My appearance takes the story forward and is part of the current track. I basically give her courage and boost her morale. Since she has lost hope, I ask her to fight for her dreams and not to give up on hope."

Kareena also shares her dilemma with him and tells him about the past. After listening to what he had to say, she starts thinking about her decision to leave Mumbai, and whether she should rethink the step and fight for her self-respect.

IndHyd thumbnail

'Time Bomb' explodes!
                                       (Posted on 25 June 2005
)

Aah… the week certainly belonged to Zee's new kid on the block - Time Bomb. Having seen some great promos of the serial a few weeks ago; I was waiting with baited breath for the bomb to explode. The promos had wicked Ansh of Kyunkii... fame roaring out some peculiarly agonizing cries. Piercing light eyes, long tresses and his beard intact. Well, the bomb finally exploded on Monday night 10 pm.

With The Rising director Ketan Mehta at the helm, one obviously expected a lot of mirch masala in the serial. The curtain raiser episode started with some fast paced and gripping footage of the 9/11 terrorist attack that shook the world. Four different sub plots were introduced cut-to-cut with the help of split-screen technology. There was a separated stressed out urban couple, their personal lives, Osama bin Laden and an Indian Prime Minister.

Looks like it's an international political thriller on global terror with an Indian perspective. Though it remains to be seen how the serial is taken forward; I find the script pretty reflective of the times we live in. As we continue to battle with our own little personal battles at a time when global terrorism leads us on to question our existence. That brings us to the age-old existential question - Is the world going to end one day?

http://www.indiantelevision.com/special/tellyscope/y2k5/june /tscope4.htmIf the idea is to provide a refreshing change on the small screen and provide a different pattern of entertainment, then I would say the channel has definitely succeeded in that. Also, in terms of the casting there's a whole lot of detonating material so-to-speak. No bombshells this time but instead two male bombs, Sujal (of Kahiin to Hoga fame) as well as Ansh.

Two very popular faces with Indian audiences in recent times. I think both can help the channel boost its ratings. Though the question of whether audiences watch stars or serials will always remain; yet I believe each star has his/her own audiences. Keeping this in mind, I think the channel has kept Ansh's original style in Kyunki intact. But Rajeev i.e Sujal somehow looked very tired and hassled in the serial. I think the character demands it but was he also scared of the serial bombing? He shouldn't worry, because bomb it won't! By the way, ever heard of google bombing?

Since, we are on male bombs; the new Sujal in Kahiin To Hoga Gurpreet Singh needs some desperate lessons in diction and dialogue delivery. Though the current track doesn't really require him to speak out, but what happens later, I wonder.

------------------------------------------------------------ -------

from IndianTelevision.com

http://www.indiantelevision.com/special/tellyscope/y2k5/june /tscope4.htm

Edited by IndHyd - 18 years ago
trups thumbnail
Amrita Raichand: Sujal who?

CAUGHT UNAWARES: Amrita Saluja-Raichand
Rajeev (Sujal) Khandelwal will be shocked to hear that model-turned-actress Amrita Saluja-Raichand "was not aware of Sujal's existence" when she was offered the lead part in Ketan Mehta's TV serial Time Bomb on Zee.

The exuberant Whirlpool and Ponds girl had been turning down TV serial offers until this offbeat offer came along.

"It was only when they made me aware of his existence that I made it a point to watch a few episodes of Kahiin Toh Hoga and check out the actor who would be playing my on-screen husband.

Of course, it was embarrassing when all my friends chided me for this!"

In fact, Khandelwal told her to treat him like a 'raw' newcomer, considering he is playing a RAW intelligence officer in Time Bomb. "We developed a cool chemistry, which is evident during the intense emotional scenes which have a romantic undercurrent," says Amrita.