Articles of Time Bomb - Page 3

Posted: 18 years ago

Article from IndianTelevision. Article by SEEMA PHERWANI - Telly Scope

Note quote on GS at the bottom. RAJEEV DEFO ROCKS, not that we needed convincing 😃

'Time Bomb' explodes!
(Posted on 25 June 2005
)

Aah… the week certainly belonged to Zee's new kid on the block - Time Bomb. Having seen some great promos of the serial a few weeks ago; I was waiting with baited breath for the bomb to explode. The promos had wicked Ansh of Kyunkii... fame roaring out some peculiarly agonizing cries. Piercing light eyes, long tresses and his beard intact. Well, the bomb finally exploded on Monday night 10 pm.

With The Rising director Ketan Mehta at the helm, one obviously expected a lot of mirch masala in the serial. The curtain raiser episode started with some fast paced and gripping footage of the 9/11 terrorist attack that shook the world. Four different sub plots were introduced cut-to-cut with the help of split-screen technology. There was a separated stressed out urban couple, their personal lives, Osama bin Laden and an Indian Prime Minister.

Looks like it's an international political thriller on global terror with an Indian perspective. Though it remains to be seen how the serial is taken forward; I find the script pretty reflective of the times we live in. As we continue to battle with our own little personal battles at a time when global terrorism leads us on to question our existence. That brings us to the age-old existential question - Is the world going to end one day?

If the idea is to provide a refreshing change on the small screen and provide a different pattern of entertainment, then I would say the channel has definitely succeeded in that. Also, in terms of the casting there's a whole lot of detonating material so-to-speak. No bombshells this time but instead two male bombs, Sujal (of Kahiin to Hoga fame) as well as Ansh.

Two very popular faces with Indian audiences in recent times. I think both can help the channel boost its ratings. Though the question of whether audiences watch stars or serials will always remain; yet I believe each star has his/her own audiences. Keeping this in mind, I think the channel has kept Ansh's original style in Kyunki intact. But Rajeev i.e Sujal somehow looked very tired and hassled in the serial. I think the character demands it but was he also scared of the serial bombing? He shouldn't worry, because bomb it won't! By the way, ever heard of google bombing?

Since, we are on male bombs; the new Sujal in Kahiin To Hoga Gurpreet Singh needs some desperate lessons in diction and dialogue delivery. Though the current track doesn't really require him to speak out, but what happens later, I wonder.

Zee argues 'Time Bomb' features not bound by copyrights

MUMBAI: Resuming its arguments on the serial Time Bomb in the Delhi High Court, Zee Telefilms today argued that, presentation features and formats were not bound by copyright laws.

"We have also screened some parts of the Time Bomb serial. We will screen its first episode on 1 July," said Zee counsel Maninder Singh, adding that, the broadcaster has also brought the court's attention to various global court rulings favouring the theory that presentation techniques and formats can't be copyrighted.

Zee also screened CDs of various television shows and movies which have featured the split-screen and screen clock techniques. According to Singh, the Indian broadcaster was trying to prove its point that, these techniques have already been used on television and movies and hence can't be monopolised by anyone. The Court has now adjourned the hearing to 1 July.

Twentieth Century Fox, had sought an injunction against Zee TV telecasting its Rs 110 million thriller Time Bomb. The US producer, in a suit filed on 17 June, had alleged that the Zee serial has copied the concept of its ongoing TV serial 24.

Since the court had refused to stay the Time Bomb telecast, the serial is currently on air. The second episode of the weekly is scheduled to go air tonight at 10 pm.

Edited by fortvpur - 18 years ago

Zee asserts 8% growth for 'Time Bomb' viewership...

Indiantelevision.com Team 

MUMBAI: Zee TV in a statement has claimed that its serial Time Bomb, which refuses to leave the centre stage, is giving a good show. Quoting the aMap ratings, the channel says the viewership graph has projected an upward curve.

While the first episode of Time Bomb generated a rating of 3.3 in the Mumbai market, the second episode telecast on 27 June scored 3.9 TVRs. In the Delhi market, it slipped from 2.7 TVRs to 2.3, while in the Ahmedabad market there is an increase from 2.1 TVRs to 2.5 TVRS. Overall, the increase is from 2.9 TVRs to 3.1 TVRs which has resulted in an eight per cent growth, says the channel.

It is pertinent to note here that it is not TAM India data that has been used to generate the results obtained but aMap (Audience Map) ratings. It was in June 2004 that Audience Measurement and Analytics (AMA) announced the launch of online television ratings system aMap and Zee is their first client.

Zee is currently fighting a court battle against Twentieth Century Fox on the Time Bomb concept's authenticity. The latter has gone to the Delhi High court alleging that Time Bomb is a plagiarised version of its ongoing thriller 24. The court will resume the hearing on 1 July.

Rameen........................

Amrita Saluja
Model Amrita Saluja makes her acting debut as television journalist Roma in Ketan Mehta's weekly, Time Bomb (Zee TV).

The face of several ad campaigns, she says, "I was continuously getting acting offers.

But somehow I could not relate to the character to be essayed till Time Bomb came my way. I instantly agreed to be part of it." Here are 10 things about her…

When is your birthday and what is your star sign?
November 26. that makes me a Sagittarius.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?
Not much.

Where were you born and which school did you go to?
I was born in Jamshedpur and attended Mount Carmel at Dhanbad and later St Lawrence at Sanawar.

What was your first job? And how much was your first pay cheque?
My first job was a modelling assignment for Ponds. I was paid Rs 75,000 for it.

One thing you are really bad at doing?
Taking road directions.

What is your favourite smell?
The smell of my husband, Rahul Raichand.

Where in Mumbai would you rather be living?
Where I live presently — at Colaba.

What cell phone do you use?
Samsung.

What car do you drive?
Toyota Corolla.

How often do you say, "I love you"?
Very often to my husband, Rahul.

MUMBAI: Zee TV's most-talked about show in recent times, Time Bomb, has got its first report card.

Tam ratings for week 26 (19 June to 25 June) has Time Bomb scoring 2.34 TVRs (Hindi speaking markets, TG +4).

The thriller was launched on 20 June (Monday) as a one hour weekly in the 10 pm slot. Time Bomb replaced the non-starter Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na (10 pm) and Sarhatein (10:30 pm), a re-run.

As per TAM data, Time Bomb recorded 3.1 TVRs in the Mumbai market and for the Delhi and Kolkata markets it got 3 TVRs each. In the Madhya Pradesh 1 million plus market the serial's score is 4 TVRs while in the Gujarat 1 million plus market it is 3.8 TVRs. In the Gujarat 0.1 million - 1 million market, the score is 2 TVRs.

Though the serial hasn't made it in to the top 100, getting 2.34 TVR in the 10 pm slot, its fighting results stacking up against those towering Star Plus soaps Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (10 pm) and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (10:30 pm) seems to have pleased the channel.

The data indicates that in this time band, not only has the male viewership on Zee TV increased by 210 per cent, female viewership has also increased by a phenomenal 323 per cent. The increase in the viewership for Time Bomb can be largely attributed to a fall of 30 per cent male viewership for Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bhau Thi each, Zee TV has claimed in a release.

"Time Bomb is Zee TV's prime property right now. We have left no stone unturned to promote the show and TAM ratings are a clear indicator of our success. Time Bomb has been able to draw viewers away from their daily dose of drama. With the performance of Time Bomb and the slew of new shows lined up in the coming weeks, Zee TV is on its way to the pivotal position that it long deserved," Zee TV president Abhijit Saxena has been quoted as saying.

Edited by sujalfan - 18 years ago

With an unshaven grungy look, Rajeev looks so much like the overworked Varun, that we thought that this is a case of the real imitating the reel. Not so! The handsome actor has just had his wisdom teeth removed, and since the stitches have not yet been removed, he hasn't been able to shave...hence the beard! Consequently, the star has been forced to miss 10 days of shoot for Zee's Time Bomb as a result of severe toothache.

When we ask him if he has taken on any other show, he says, "No, I am happy with what I am doing. I am doing only Time Bomb and after it is over, I will look at something else."

Does he miss being Sujal? What does he think of the new guy? "Well, frankly I don't care. You know I am way over Sujal. I want o prove to myself, more than anything else, that I am a good actor and make people know me as Rajeev and not as Sujal," says Rajeev with a far away look that tells volumes about his determination.

Rajeev 'Varun' Khandelwal: looking for good work only!

Talk about Time Bomb and Rajeev's face lights up. The current situation where the show is caught up in the imbroglio with Twentieth Century Fox, is not an issue with the actor, who thinks that the show has only a slight structural similarity with the Fox produced 24. The actor however, prefers to talk about the issue.

When we tell him that he looks a little tired in the show, he says, "But aren't we supposed to look tired? We are shown to be working at 5 am in the morning so by the end of the day, we need to look haggard." Then suddenly changing the topic, Rajeev exclaims, "Isn't Akashdeep looking great? Specially in the promos...he surely has the best physique in town. It was very nice working with him!"

He does an about turn yet again and asks us what we think of Time Bomb...We tell him that the format or rather the technique of using several windows could be a little confusing for the viewers who are not used to seeing such innovations...Rajeev butts in and tries to explain, "The serial is such that you grow to like it. People who have watched the first episode will like the second one better, so and so forth."

Whatever might be the case, we know that this is one man who will always be in the news... no matter what!

Edited by Megha_Desai - 18 years ago

Rajiv Khandelwal was one of those bold actors who staged a brave walkout from the Balaji soap Kahiin To Hoga. A man who is ready to forgo such hard earned popularity for creative satisfaction is rare to come by.

Evidently Ketan Mehta's newly launched show Time Bomb is the one that lured this actor into walking out. And he admits that these 24 episodes are the ones that will either "make or break him". Time Bomb has evoked mixed responses…

I think all of us were prepared for this kind of a mixed response form the audience. In fact, I am surprised there aren't more people who seem baffled by the narrative techniques or who are critical of it.

The whole idea was to do something unconventional because that is the way one needs to evolve in the creative medium. We need to reinvent ourselves constantly. What has been your experience with Ketan Mehta as a director? I was completely in awe of him.

And the only aim in my mind was to have this director look at me in approval. I mean he is the man who directed someone like Aamir Khan. I was scared and nervous and overwhelmed by the thought that he found me suitable for this character.

And even now, I can only say that he is not unhappy with me. A lot of obvious comparisons are drawn between you and Akashdeep. How have you reacted to this competition? I don't believe there is any competition.

We are not Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra. I am not that great though Akashdeep is big in his own way. In fact, I think that he must outshine everyone else in the serial because of the pivotal role that he plays. If the ideology of that character is not forthcoming, then the serial eventually will fail to work.

Nothing mediocre will work with Time Bomb. What is Rajeev Khandelwal doing when he is not acting? Rajeev is a very simple man. I still think like a kid and have boyish desires. The only passion that I have is for my game of squash which I struggle to play even between two schedules.

Besides that, I love travelling and particularly enjoy going on my bike to the exotic mountains of Ladakh. What are you looking forward to in life? Professionally, I am not looking beyond these three months. At an individual level, I want to turn five years younger in the next five years; before I actually grow mature and start doing al the politically right things. What have been the greatest influences in your life?

Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist is one book that I totally identify with. I truly believe that if you have dreams, you must be focused on turning them into reality. And also the fact that Coelho propounds about the whole universe conspiring to make your destiny come true. Another influence is Ayn Rand's The Fountain Head. I have read it several times over and have Howard Roark's quotes written in my personal diary.

This article from tvguide section of www.deccan.com

Edited by trups - 18 years ago

Name Rajeev Khandelwal

Date of birth   16 October Libra

Faverout colour    Black Rust

Background      ARMY father and brother r in army
Before acting Rajeev is a documentary film maker

He is documentary filmmaker turned model turned actor
Faverout actor Amitabh bachan
Faverout actress Waheeda rehmaan

Faverout film " Shakti"of Amitabh bachan

Faverout food-what he cook his self he makes lovely palak and saag.

Faverout car his car, Hyundai accent

Faverout holiday spot Leh, Lehdak

Fave historical character Prithviraj chauhaan 

Faverout book Ayn rand's Fountainhead he likes the hero of the book very much

Power full influence Shahrukh khan for what he has achieved in a short time. He comes to mumbai and makes a mannat (bungalow) for himself. That's achievement

Dream roll Amitabh bachan in Shakti

Fully loaded: Rajeev Khandelwal

Bomb scare or root canal?

Rajiv Khandelwal is on a break. From what? Shweta Teotia

The tooth behind the million dollar smile has been knocked off but the smile is intact. He laughs when asked how he is feeling. "Unwell," he says, but is surprised that everybody knows about it. Rajeev Khandelwal is on a ten day break from the Time Bomb shoot to recuperate. His stubble covers the stitches on either side of his face. But he is not one to sit at home. In fact, he is already on his way to Delhi for an assignment.
What have you been up to during your long break from work?
I have been convalescing at home and doing all the things that metrosexual guys generally do…like grooming myself, etc. I've even been applying aloevera extract on my face for it to heal better and eating lots of good food. So basically it's been some rigorous rejuvenation, after which I am definitely feeling better.
Have you been invaded by visitors and phone calls?
Yes, I have gotten a lot of calls but I told my housekeeper to keep any visitors away… now I am looking like a football. Other than that I received a lot of flowers and chocolates and so on.
So are you ready to resume work?
Well, I get back to shooting from the 19th as a lot of pending work awaits me. I have to wrap up a few action sequences. Plus I have been inactive and that is not acceptable to me as I am a sports-freak…so much so that when I am not shooting, you'll always catch me at the Goregaon Sports Club. I am fed up of watching DVDs and want to get back to some adventure.
How does it feel to know that Time Bomb is being appreciated widely?
It's a good feeling when you've dared to be different and you are accepted. It's quite a promising story and a refreshing change from the melodrama that viewers are made to lap up these days. But I still feel that not many people are of the same opinion. It's great that we've not been immediately thrown out.
You made a noisy exit from the Ekta Kapoor camp…
I have always maintained that it is most important for me to grow as an actor. My character had begun to stagnate and so I felt it was right to move out. And though this growth is slow but it is great. I believe a lot in myself and if I can't deliver my hundred percent I might as well quit.
Does this mean that you have moved on…
I am glad that you asked me that. Yesterday night, at Aamna Sharif's party, I met Gurpreet Singh (the new Sujal) and I wished him luck. We were nice to each other and that speaks volumes in itself. It is not about harbouring ill-feelings or animosity but about having the right kind of attitude. I'm not the kind to get petty. I believe in living and letting live.
On Sujal…
I have fantastic memories of Sujal. It was my turning point in the true sense of the word. It was a great past that I had that has added to the person that I am though I am over him for good.
Earlier Kahiin To Hoga, now Time Bomb…what next?
There are no new projects that I am working on right now as my hands are full with whatever I already have. I am happy that I am doing quality work rather than multiple projects that are unnecessary.

Tooth trouble

hi all.....this is an article which was published in yesterday's ht city...take a look....its rajeev again

look who's goin gr8 guns on tv....

in contrast 2 his kth days rajeev khandelwal aka varun awasthi in time bomb is in a better frame of mind now.he is no more doing back-to -back shifts.

rather he is pampering himself.and if u've noticed his toned abs and fit look in his new avtar in time bomb,u will agree too.the pampering includes travelling too.the ex-sujal of kth recently made a short stopover in delhi.

friendly as ever,rajeev cracks a joke about his hotel room no. (420)😛 : "ironic.isnt it?"  he quips. "i play a srtict cop fighting terrorism in time bomb after all".

rajeev says this new outing was an eye opener.this role help him understanding his abilities better : "varun is very interestingly packaged,if he is fighting in one scene,he's a concerned husband in next.to emote the variety is a satisfaction."

after doing the srk -loverboy act on telly as sujal,does he miss all that melodrama? "sujal's character certainly provided me the required base.i couldn't have set my foot in this industry otherwise.but it was getting tough for me to carry on with it any longer."

his association with kth may be over,but rumours are still rife about his ongoing relationship with aamna shariff (kashish in kth). "my image of varun is already replacing my image of sujal.just wait for sometime and those rumours will start fading away too.there's no reality there."(wonder popkorn mein jo dikhaya thha woh kya thha)

so all u gals out there,keep your hopes high.rajeev's still single and ready to mingle.(hee hee.....mere hote hue single😉....bt never mind i am always ready 2 mingle wid him....whether single or not)