Users

Frequent Posters

aromi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

ok friends as i said rajeev came here in rajasthan for dandiya celebrations

he also gave interviews

first on news paper(local)

sujal fame rajeev khandelwal has no intentions to join the film industry in a hurry,he said that he got all name, fame,blessings and love of the audienceand a platform to prove his talent by playing sujal.😛

when asked about the decision of leaving kth,he said he if he works he works with dedication and honesty,but i wasnot informed about the future storyline when i asked for it. I felt that the storyline is being just stretching uselessly😡 and i was not able to work with honesty so i opted out.😭

Rajeev says that work is workship irrespective of place.But yes,balaji telefims is a very big group,till the day i was happy i worked there,there i got my identity,and i'm enjoying myself in another production house too.😃

When asked about marriage ,he simply said he has no intententions of marrying now .Marriages and couples are made in heaven, when destiny wills it ,it'll surely happen.😉

LOCAL CABLE TV INT.

he was playing dandiya in a blue jacket , black shirt and blue jeans and was looking rapchik😆.

the anchor asked that he resembles 1970's  rajesh khanna,he instantly replied maybe both are RK's so the gals love me like him only and gave a cute grin, and said that that if i'm able to act like him1/4 then i would find myself very lucky.😳

again the same question "why did you left kth",he said that both ekta kapoor and i are thorough professionals , so i took the decisions. I left a serial because i wanted to present myself in different avatars and not stick to one character only, because it wouldn't have been a sensible step . A actor needs to grow in life. A nd i want to change the theory that a star is performing any role not an actor. I 've played a romantic hero, now i'm entertaining people as an action hero.👏

maybe next i'll play a comedy role ,then again action but never mind i'm soon gonna play a romantic hero.😛👏

conclusion:(from my side) for once he took our advice and was dancing and playing dandiya pretty well👏😆

Edited by harpy - 18 years ago
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Getting To Know... Amrita Saluja

Karishma Upadhyay
Wednesday, October 05, 2005  18:26 IST

IN A WHIRLPOOL: She is one of the most recognised faces in the world of TV commercials, more popularly known as the 'Whirlpool mom' which she played for six years. "Initially, both the client and agency thought that I looked too young to play a mom. But in real life, I have always been like my character - minus the two kids," she laughs.

BEYOND MODELDOM: Like most models, Amrita started off while she was in college and all the money she earned was 'to spend without having to ask my brothers or mother'.

The family also ensured that her head was firmly screwed in place. "While I was modelling, they made sure I was busy with other things. I studied bharatnatyam since I was six and after college, I did courses in marketing, management and computer graphics." Amrita also worked in a kindergarten, initially as an administrator and then as a teacher.

BLISSFUL: She's always had oodles of confidence but insists her sense of security has reached another level since she's tied the knot.

"I'm open to experimenting workwise and that's only because I'm not afraid of failing. Rahul (Raichand) has always been very encouraging, which is why I've done more work in the last year or so than before," she gushes.

FUTUREWISE: In an industry where being cutthroat is a way of life, Amrita's approach to her career seems very laid-back. "I have never felt the urge to go looking for work." Even in the case of the thriller series 'Time Bomb', Amrita insists that 'it happened by chance'.

"Ketan Mehta's office called me after seeing some ads and that's how I got Time Bomb." Incidentally, this is Amrita's first acting assignment. "Interesting work is always welcome, but I am not prepared to compromise." Famous last words, eh?  

-SMay31- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amruta Khanvilkar

My Birthday – 23 November 1984

I am beautiful, smart, kind hearted and very friendly

Acting is – my passion

My character "Anu Prakash" in Time Bomb is – prime minister's daughter
My strengths -
Mom, beliefs and confidence

Favourite actor - Shahrukh Khan

If Shahrukh invites me for a date - I would absolutely go for it

Love is - adjustment, commitment and trust

Marriage is - a life long thing

Mumbai is - Masti

Sunday means – going to parlours and enjoying spa

I am scared of – darkness, Ghosts and cats crossing the road

An honest confession – I am quite superstious and religious

My most memorable momentwhen I was selected in India's best Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj and was rejected from reaching the final round

The fruit I resemble the most - "Red Apple"

The necessary accessories I can't do without - a photograph of lord ganesha, mobile and my mom

TV industry is - reaching out to every person at 9 p.m.

Rajeev Khandelwal is - the cutest man who is a big flirt as well.... (omg wat d hell she think of herself wat made her to think like tht sweeto aur flirt i guess sweeto na is sa theek sa baat nahi keri she is completely jealous eeeeer m going nutz after reading her statement i guess she is flirt thtz y she is saying like dis its better tht she keep her mouth shut ohhh gosh how much i hate her n0w)

Vivian Bathena is - one bindas bawa and a very cool co-star

K. K. Menon - is my dad in Time Bomb and a great institution

My dream man should be - understanding, an optimist and above that should respect my parent

By ANANYA SENGUPTA
Posted on 15 June 2005 7:00 pm
More Short Takes

Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

Edited by sujalfan - 18 years ago
dhaval_h_parekh thumbnail
  Time Bomb changes hands
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   October 17, 2005

Rajeev Khandelwal
Zee TV's Time Bomb has received an extension, but actor Rajeev Khandelwal is out of the show.

Ketan Mehta, who is currently in charge of the show, will give way to Gulshan Sachdeva (Mehta's last episode will air on November 25). The serial will now be shown thrice a week, and each episode will be of 30-minute duration.

Says Sachdeva, who has made Aap Ki Adalat, among other shows, "I am taking the story to a different platform. I will have 96 episodes from here, which means 32 weeks precisely."

Rajeev Khandelwal and Ketan Mehta
Punjabi puttar chahida

But why is Rajeev out? "Judging by his popularity, he should have remained. Well, I did speak to him. But there were some issues and we did not meet at a common point.

The story will now revolve around a Punjabi family, and Rajeev doesn't look like a Punju, so it's okay. I am auditioning many people and will zero in on someone in a week." Rajeev says he did not like the role much, and decided not to do it. "The adrenaline didn't flow, and I told Sachdeva then and there."

Family ties

The actor won the MTV Lycra Style Award for the Most Stylish Person on Television (Male) on October 14.

Giving him company were his bhaiyya Sanjeev, bhabhi and nephew, who had come down from Pune to be with him.

"Frankly, I was not expecting the award. It's a great honour; I think I am the first person without a television background to have bagged it," he said.

Birthday boy

Yesterday was his birthday, and Rajeev stayed home. "Where can I go? Since morning, I am flooded with SMSes and phone calls. This year, the birthday wishes have multiplied. I am quite surprised, because I am not playing Sujal any more. I think Varun Awasthi has done well, plus a larger number of people have got hold of my phone number."

Rajeev ki chandi

The former Sujal has been getting lots of gifts and bouquets for his birthday since nearly a month. "My house has so many things that have been sent, I don't know where to keep them. I am overwhelmed. People from Pakistan are sending me shawls and shirts.

A fan from India has photographs from the Internet and compiled a CD, another one has put it as a book. Girls have been calling from over a month ago, trying to outdo each other in being the first one to wish me."

And what did good friend Aamna Shariff send? "She sent a huge bouquet of flowers — that's it," he smiles. "She isn't coming home in the evening, she is very busy with her shoot today."

Unit fest

On Saturday, the Time Bomb unit threw a surprise party for Rajeev. "It has been great working with Ketan and Deepa. Also, Zee has been kind." What next, Rajeev? "Time Bomb is coming to an end for me, but my sixth sense tells me something exciting is going to happen soon."

[email protected]

Wish granted

When hitList asked him what he would like as a birthday gift, Rajeev said he wanted his dad to come home — his father recently underwent bypass surgery in Delhi.

Well, Rajeev's wish has been granted. Papa Khandelwal is getting discharged from hospital today.

I have moved on

Former Sujal, Rajeev Khandelwal, talks to Shweta Teotia on Ekta Kapoor's comments about him, Time Bomb and breaking away from the lover-boy image

In a recent interview in Mumbai Mirror Ekta Kapoor said, "Rajeev Khandelwal, who?" when asked about you…
It's a funny thing. I can only speak for myself. I am an evolved person and really don't care what people say. It would be very juvenile to react to such petty things.

What was your first reaction when you opened the page that day?

Well, I am a cool cat and I am used to all these things. It neither shocked me nor broke my heart. In fact, I read the article and moved on to the next page.

Your ties with Balaji have been severed beyond repair…

There are certain things that I can't help. As an actor, I made sure that I gave my best and shouldered my responsibility well. But when an actor's creative process is hampered then the purpose of his art is defeated. I have never intended to harm or hold grudges against anybody.

Why have you opted out of the third season of Time Bomb?

It is true that I will not be doing the third season of the show. I am not doing it because I don't want to be type-cast as an action hero. I am a restless person and want to grow as an actor.

How has the show made a difference to you?

Amongst other things, it has helped me to leave the chocolate-boy image behind. I have had an opportunity to experiment with and test my versatility as an actor. Plus, now people have accepted me even as an action hero. I may not be great at it yet but the fact that my action sequences have been appreciated means something. I felt that post Kahiin To Hoga I had to prove a point to myself and to the world. I have.

Has Bollywood come calling yet?

It is no big deal these days to get a couple of films. What is more important is that the content should be good enough for me to believe in. I don't want to end up doing any sleazy, B-grade film. So far, I haven't signed any film.

How are things between Aamna Sharif and you?

We are very good friends and make it a point to catch up every once in a while. We have entirely different schedules so regular meetings don't happen.

You were absent from the Kahiin to Hoga party…

In the first place, I wasn't invited to the bash. Secondly, I feel that I had no reason to be there. I have nothing to do with it now though I owe my success to that show.

How do you feel about having bagged the MTV Lycra awards for the most stylish face on TV?

It feels really nice. I didn't think I would win. I haven't really experimented with fashion in my shows, so I won the award on the merit of my personality. Plus, the other contenders are all very stylish so it gives me a high to have won.

Of late, you have become media shy. Why?

I get quite appalled by such rumours. It is another thing that I don't want to be in the limelight for the heck of it. It's not like I am doing such great work that it needs to be spoken about. When I do something great or interesting, then the whole idea of publicity makes more sense. I am not avoiding the media, only keeping a low profile.

You turned 30 on October 16. What did you do on your birthday?
I dedicated the day to my fans and tried to reply to as many calls and messages as possible. I had a rather quiet birthday.

Any special gifts?
The gift that touched me the most was this book I received that was compiled by a couple of my fans. That book documents my journey as an actor. It impressed me as it includes details of my life when I wasn't an actor.

How does it feel to be receiving such adulation from fans?
Frankly, I get scared. Fans elevate you to a height where there are immense expectations. At that level, you can't go wrong and it really bothers me. It is a mixed bag of emotions.

• Well, I am a cool cat and I am used to such things. It neither shocked me nor broke my heart—Rajeev

memsaab thumbnail
dunno whether it is already posted here.. thought I would just share!!

Rajeev Khandelwal is sporting a new look, but there's a painful story behind the changed image!

Rajeev: Oh! my tooth !

With an unshaven grungy look, Rajeev looks so much like the overworked Varun, that we thought that this is a case of the real imitating the reel. Not so! The handsome actor has just had his wisdom teeth removed, and since the stitches have not yet been removed, he hasn't been able to shave...hence the beard! Consequently, the star has been forced to miss 10 days of shoot for Zee's Time Bomb as a result of severe toothache.

When we ask him if he has taken on any other show, he says, "No, I am happy with what I am doing. I am doing only Time Bomb and after it is over, I will look at something else."

Does he miss being Sujal? What does he think of the new guy? "Well, frankly I don't care. You know I am way over Sujal. I want o prove to myself, more than anything else, that I am a good actor and make people know me as Rajeev and not as Sujal," says Rajeev with a far away look that tells volumes about his determination.

Rajeev 'Varun' Khandelwal: looking for good work only!

Talk about Time Bomb and Rajeev's face lights up. The current situation where the show is caught up in the imbroglio with Twentieth Century Fox, is an issue that the actor prefers not to talk about.

When we tell him that he looks a little tired in the show, he says, "But aren't we supposed to look tired? We are shown to be working at 5 am in the morning so by the end of the day, we need to look haggard." Then suddenly changing the topic, Rajeev exclaims, "Isn't Akashdeep looking great? Specially in the promos...he surely has the best physique in town. It was very nice working with him!"

He does an about turn yet again and asks us what we think of Time Bomb...We tell him that the format or rather the technique of using several windows could be a little confusing for the viewers who are not used to seeing such innovations...Rajeev butts in and tries to explain, "The serial is such that you grow to like it. People who have watched the first episode will like the second one better, so and so forth."

Whatever might be the case, we know that this is one man who will always be in the news... no matter what!

Edited by memsaab - 18 years ago
crazyfats thumbnail
Only Rajeev's part in here:

One serial at a time is the mantra of 'quality conscious' TV actors...

Aamir Khan started it and other actors followed suit. Most Bollywood actors have today turned choosy and work on one project at a time. The trend now seems to be catching on even among television actors. While some of them are under contract, others prefer to be associated only with good projects, which are few and far between. 

Rajeev Khandelwal, who post his stint as Sujal in Kahiin To Hoga, is now acting in Time Bomb, another weekly serial. 

Rajeev points out, "I don't want to be shooting 24/7. Acting in one serial at a time gives me ample time for myself. Besides, I can also concentrate on the character that I'm playing." It's not just the men who choose to follow the trend. Niki Aneja and Nausheen Ali Sardar too stick to one project at a time. 

Akashdeep hurt on Time Bomb sets

Reel action turned real on Zee's Time Bomb sets on Monday. Baddie Akashdeep Saigal, who plays the terrorist Usman in the weekly serial, crashed through a french window and suffered deep cuts on his head and hands, and had to be rushed to hospital.
Akashdeep Saigal

Akash was enacting an action scene with Time Bomb hero Rajeev Khandelwal at the Aram Studios in Goregaon in suburban Mumbai when the mishap occurred. According to Akash, Rajeev was supposed to push him through the window and effect a crash. But instead of a simulated crash, Akash actually crashed into the glass, cutting himself badly. Unit members rushed him to the Gokuldham Hospital in Goregaon, where his cuts were stitched up. But Akash being Akash, refused to allow the medicos to chop off his long tresses to dress up the wound.

"How could I? They are my identity, I need them for my look in the show," he insists. Akash was back on the sets on Tuesday. Work doesn't come to a standstill for this actor who is also rehearsing for a dance show for Zee and completing the shooting for his directorial debut film, and also preparing to go to Dubai this month end for promoting Time Bomb.

Akash has a history of being in accidents. Last year, while playing Ansh, he accidentally sprained co star Gauri Pradhan's hand during the shooting of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. At that time, Gauri had to be rushed to hospital after she fainted on the sets.

princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
    Home | Movies | Slide Show

Rajeev Khandelwal, better known as Sujal in Kahiin Toh Hoga, won the male counterpart of the Most Stylish Person on TV. He beat the likes of Karan Johar (Kofee With Karan) and Apoorva Agnihotri (Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin). Khandelwal's costar Aamna Shariff -- who the rumour mills say is his girlfriend -- was also one of the nominees in the female category.
< Back > < Next >   
princess1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
 Aakashdeep injured on sets
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   October 19, 2005

Aakashdeep Sehgal suffered injuries to his head and elbow during a shoot on October 17
Accidents on the sets are inevitable, especially if shooting includes the kind of stunts Zee TV's Time Bomb has.

So far, all had gone well, but the shoot for Ketan Mehta's penultimate episode (to be aired on November 24) did not wrap up on Monday as scheduled.

Glass ceiling

On Monday evening, Aakashdeep Sehgal (Usman of Time Bomb, and Ansh of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) was hurt while performing a stunt at Aaram Studio, Goregaon (East).

A misjudgement caused Sehgal to bang his head against a glass enclosure, and shooting was stopped for quite some time.

Says Ketan Mehta, who is currently producing the serial, "The scene involved Rajeev Khandelwal and Aakashdeep Sehgal. It was an action sequence.

The actor says his mother was shocked to see him in this condition
Yes, it was a very bad, unfortunate thing that happened. We rushed Aakashdeep to hospital and he received some stitches. However, we did not pack up. Thereafter, we shot the remaining scenes which did not involve him."

Osama fled

"It was a glass enclosure where we were shooting," says Akashdeep. The time bomb had to be diffused and no one had a clue how to do it, except for Osama (played by Vallabh Vyas), who had fled. Rajeev had to push me; I went on to the glass and hurt my head. My elbow too was badly injured and required stitches."

What about his head? "The doctor did advise some stitches on the head, but for that they needed to cut my hair — and I wouldn't let that happen," says the long-haired actor. The actor was rushed to Gokuldham Hospital, but preferred not to inform his family until he reached home. "My mother was quite shaken when she saw me in that condition. But I must thank Ketan and Deepa Mehta for being so considerate and taking immediate steps to attend to me."

Delayed reaction

Co-actor Khandelwal says, "It was a very shocking thing. The whole unit was very tense." The impending shoot was completed yesterday evening.

Says Aakashdeep, "When I woke up in the morning, I was still a bit shaken. I didn't feel it that time so much. Aisa hi hota hai, baad mein hamesha zyada lagta hai, even if it is pain. Anyway, the show must go on."