Articles of Time Bomb - Page 7

Posted: 18 years ago

From November 4, Rajeev Khandelwal steps into the Sony show CID as new ACP, Prithviraj. The current ACP, Pradyuman (Shivaji Satam) has been suspended after his son's links with terrorists were proved.

According to the channel, the disgraced Satam will be shown fleeing to London (the show is slated to have a shoot schedule in England later).

In his absence, Khandelwal will be the new ACP, who will lead the CID team. The producers say that Satam, part of the crime drama since the show began seven years ago, is now out of CID (see box alongside). Khandelwal began shooting for the promos on Wednesday at a Goregaon studio. Here's what the new ACP had to say…

Are you stepping into the shoes of ACP Pradyuman (Shivaji Satam)? No, I am walking in with my own pair of shoes; but the chair remains the same.

What happens to ACP Pradyuman?
All that I have been told is that I am the new ACP on the show. They needed a younger person; I will play a young, bright guy, just out of the police academy. He brings a new level of energy to the team he leads. This is something new for the CID squad, as the former ACP was an older person.

Is this a cameo or will ACP Prithviraj continue in the track?
Wait and watch.

You began with Kahiin To Hoga on Star Plus, then did Time Bomb on Zee and now CID on Sony? Is this a move to be seen across channels?
Not at all. I never plan anything in life. There was a character that was narrated to me, I liked it and took it on. I have always wanted to work with B P Singh (producer and series director). In fact, Singh approached me in the past too, but at that time, I was busy doing other things. He recently made this new offer; he just told me about the character. I did not know for which show or channel.

What about other projects?
With Time Bomb coming to an end in the last week of November, I do have time. There is something happening, but I can't reveal much at this juncture.

How do you look back at your association with Balaji?
Gosh! The world begins and ends with Balaji. This is, indeed, the most interesting question. All that I can say is that I have moved on. I don't want to take a U-turn. It's a straight road for me now. I have enjoyed working with Balaji. I have worked with the best of producers. Ekta Kapoor is good in her kind of shows, in Time Bomb, there is Ketan Mehta, and now B P Singh in CID. They are the best in their genres. What more can I ask for?

Do you thing you can shed the Sujal image?
I have. Don't you think so? Nobody has told me they hated me as Rahul Awasthi in Time Bomb; now viewers will see me as ACP Prithviraj.

So now you want people to remember you as ACP Prithviraj?
Yes, I do.

What about the film front?
As any actor would, I too want to do films. But I am very, very scared and cautious about my debut film.

Do you ever see yourself doing theatre?
No that's something I can't do. I don't have the patience to rehearse and learn passages. I am very hyper and need instant results.

[email protected]

TAKING A HIKE:
Shivaji Satam

Shivaji Satam out of CID

Vickey Lalwani

ACP Pradyuman, played by Shivaji Satam, will no more be part of CID and CID Special Bureau. According to supervising producer Yash Patnaik, "Pradyuman's character had to be eased out because he was suspended from the CID force since his son Nakul (Rahil Azam) was found to have terrorist links."

The real reason seems to be Satam demanding a fee hike, which the producers refused. Satam was unavailable for comment.

Adds Patnaik, "Satam was the face of the show. But the viewing pattern and profile has changed. We had to induct young blood. Rajeev Khandelwal is very popular, plus he is not over-exposed, so we zeroed in on him to be the new face."

What about CID Special Bureau? "How can he (Satam) remain in Special Bureau? ACP Pradyuman is suspended from the CID force; that's that," Patnaik said.

[email protected]

Akashdeep Saigal turns a year older
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   October 29, 2005

Akashdeep Saigal
Like his Time Bomb co-star, Rajeev Khandelwal, TV actor Akashdeep Saigal decided not to celebrate his birthday 'dhoom-dhaam se' today ( Oct 29th). Contrary to his flamboyant image, the stylish Saigal (Ansh of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi) believes in being simple when it comes to personal celebrations. 

"Actually I was to fly to Dubai with my Time Bomb cast on Thursday night for the serial promotion. But the plans abruptly got cancelled.

Birthday boy's dreams

On my birthday I would be shooting for my serial Time Bomb on the sets in Mumbai. As is their custom, there would be an informal cake-cutting formality during the break," says Saigal who has been busy shooting for his home-production, an Hindi movie Lotus Dreams — A Boy's Screams, with which he makes his directorial debut.

"Being a workaholic, I have completed over 75 per cent of my offbeat, yet hard-hitting, movie which is mainly about neglected and poor children's dreams. To make it topical, my movie begins with the Terrible Tuesday floods scenes that ravaged Mumbai city.

My cast actors include Salim Shah (he played his foster father in 'Kyunki...'), Shakti Singh, Ekta Mukherjee, Meghan, Mandhan and Munna, who have gone out of their way to help finishing the film.

One of these boys plays a chhota tapori character called Raajdhaani who is the fastest pickpocket trained by Salim's villainous character," he enthuses.

Isn't it true that he is hell-bent on casting former co-star Smriti Z Irani who played his mother in 'Kyunki...' as one of the central characters? "There is this rich social activist called Indrani who connects with the kids like their guardian-angel in the movie, and it perfectly suits Smriti's persona. The detailed script has already been sent to her and she has to revert back to me," says Saigal.

Will he, won't he?

The actor-turned-director, is in a dilemma whether he should face the movie-camera this time. 

"My script is too tight for me to grab any role and I am okay with the director in me refusing to cast me. But since my ardent fans would be disappointed, I am thinking of having a song picturised on me—-more like a male item number but minus the strip-tease," he explains with a chuckle.

Will Akash continue to act in the daily version of Time Bomb, once it is taken over by a new production unit? "Although Rajeev Khandelwal has expressed that he would not be interested once the serial changes hands, I have not taken a final call on this issue. But if they are willing to pay my hiked price I may continue. Let's see," he says, tossing his long mane with his patented  'jhatkaa'.

[email protected]

October, 29 2005  
Rajeev Khandewal joins CID

Rajeev Khandewal, aka Varun Awasthi of Time Bomb and former Sujal of Kahiin To Hoga is gearing to play the role of a tough cop in a detective serial.

"I liked the character when it was narrated to me and agreed to be a part of it. I play the character of an ACP who has just come out of the police academy unlike some others who make their way up by ranks," says Rajeev.

So how does this young ACP make his entry on the show? "Well, I have just begun shooting. So I don't know how my character will make an entry. But, It goes on to show that after Shivaji Satam's exit, I will take charge of the team. And that comes as a shock to the team members. They find it difficult to have a young ACP lead their team," he says.
Rajeev Khandelwal's appointment as ACP happens in the wake of ACP Pradyuman's (played by Shivaji Satam) suspension from office.

By Televisionpoint.com Team

another article...

Popkorm Diwali Dhamaka on Zoom

Popkorn, the show that has been successfully giving you the spiciest television and film insights, is all set to add that extra sparkle to your Diwali and Id! From October 31, November 4, Popkorn will present a one week long extravaganza called, Popkorn Diwali Dhamaka!

Beginning October 31st everyday you can watch television and film stars tell you- what Diwali and Id means to them, revealing their plans for the year ahead, taking you to an exotic foreign locale and much more.

Looking stunning in traditional Indian attire, Popkorn hosts Mini Mathur and Shonali Nagrani for the first time will host the Diwali Dhamaka for the week alternately. Some of the immensely entertainingly stories include Chetan Hansaraj and his wife talking about having a baby.

Mona Vasu decides to go with Popkorn for Diwali shopping while Smriti Irani makes sure her on screen Bahu and Beta, Gauri Pradhan and Hiten Tejwani, have mithai from her hand. John Abraham discloses what makes this Diwali particulary exciting for him and Tushhar Kapoor speaks about how he celebrated Diwali as a child.

Exclusively a part of Popkorn Diwali Dhamaka, will be a sneak peak into Shama Sikander's house as she her entire family celebrate Id, and feast on biryani and korma. Emraan Hashmi takes the responsibility of being your tour guide in Mauritius. Sai and Shakti Anand celebrate their first Diwali together with Popkorn and Vivek Oberoi talks about everything he loves.

Just when you thought television viewing this Diwali could not get more delightful, you will be pleasantly surprised. Hosting Weekend Popkorn on November 5th will be the television superstar, Rajeev Khandelwal, anchoring a show for the first time.

In this very special television appearance you will get to know the real Rajeev, as he talks about his personal and professional life, likes and dislikes as well as picks his favorite Popkorn stories. This Diwali, you have no option but to zoom in.

Popkorn airs on Zoom, Monday to Friday at 2000 Hrs and 2200 Hrs
Weekend Popkorn is telecast every Saturday at 2000 Hrs only on Zoom

By Televisionpoint.com Team

I hope this is not posted before...i just find it from this website post today...so it is new...and as we know that he is coming in Cid so the second article about Rajiv too..so enjoy..😳

A star is reborn
Screen On & Off
Rajeev Khandelwal now appears as a top cop in CID on Sony

A star was born on STAR. Then unceremoniously stripped of his crown because he allegedly grew bigger than the serial. But by then he had already become the heartthrob of the TV-viewing nation and he soon got to hold the Time Bomb on Zee. And now with the bomb set to explode, the man's on to a new role on Sony.

Here's re-introducing Rajeev Khandelwal aka Sujal of Kahiin To Hoga. In a casting coup of sorts, Sony has picked Rajeev to replace Shivaji Satam as the new boss of the popular crime drama CID. But with a twist in the sleuth tale, of course. Rajeev will be playing a different character altogether, that of a young and dashing ACP (Aamir Khan of Sarfarosh, anyone?).

"That's what attracted me to do the show in the first place," Rajeev tells Metro. "I get to give a new look to a serial which is already popular among the viewers. CID is an intelligent show which has lots of logic and once I appear the whole set-up will become even more different. That's all I can divulge now."

Insiders at Sony reveal that Rajeev's character in the serial has to face a lot of resentment from his colleagues before he is accepted by the team. Then they all get cracking with the cases again.

The promos of the new CID with Rajeev as the top cop will be shown on Sony from this Monday in an effort to boost the TRPs as soon as he appears on the show from November 4.

A new role was always in the offing for Rajeev, what with Time Bomb ticking to an end by November.

"I was planning to take up a new assignment on TV," he says. "CID is something which is more me, although I am not a very action-action person as such. But with the new storyline, I can see myself connecting with the audiences again."

No matter what he does, isn't Rajeev Khandelwal still very much Kahiin To Hoga's Sujal? "Come on, give me a break," protests Rajeev. "I don't miss the serial. At most, I am proud of it. I don't even watch any of these stupid saas-bahu serials on TV. I realised they are not for me anyway. Why should I miss something I walked out on?"

As with all high-profile telly stars, Rajeev is looking for a screen switch. "Although I haven't signed any film yet, I can sense it's coming soon," he says about his filmi foray

Edited by 1 n only-rajeev - 18 years ago

Getting candid!

He is one of the few television personalities whom you could well describe as the 'Superstar of the small screen'. He is exceedingly good looking and talented. To say that he has an enormous fan following is an understatement. To cut a long story, Rajeev Khandelwal or Sujal, as he is still popularly referred to, is a 'star' in every sense of the word. What is possibly the perfect end to the festive week, Rajeev will host Weekend Popkorn tonight on Zoom. This is the first time Khandelwal will be anchoring a show. However, what makes it really special is that this is the first time he will narrate incidents and anecdotes from his life that are amusing, touching, fascinating and never told before.
    As Rajeev selects his favourite Popkorn stories tonight, you will get to meet the 'real' Rajeev Khandelwal. Get ready to know all the challenges Rajeev faced when he began his career as a model or how he used bathroom fittings to make his clothes more fashionable — only to impress girls at a birthday party he attended as a young boy! Rajeev gets candid as he talks about shopping for co-star Aamna in his hometown Jaipur and then decides to tell the audience all the qualities he is looking for in his significant other. Only on Weekend Popkorn Rajeev reveals that current Bollywood siren — Celina Jaitley — was his junior in school and some interesting tales related to that. On Weekend Popkorn tonight, Rajeev will sing for you, answer your queries, do a perfect Rajesh Khanna imitation, tell you his favourite stories related to television and film and much, much more. This is your one chance to meet the real Rajeev Khandelwal that you definitely can't afford to miss! Make sure you are there for your date with him tonight at 8 pm on Weekend Popkorn only on Zoom.

Television heartthrob Rajeev Khandelwal frankly talks about some hugely intriguing facets of his life as well as his favourite television and film stories only on Weekend Popkorn tonight at 8 pm on Zoom

You are a successful male in your 30s and have just moved into your brand new home. The first few days pass in a flurry of parties and you generously order the best of take away's for all your pals. But once the party is over and it's time to settle down, the reality of having moved into your own very empty pad sinks in.

You have a choice. You could, like television actor Rajeev Khandelwal get the help of an interior designer to spruce up your home. Or, if you have the inclination, browse through magazines and go shopping for the best buys. Your best bet would be to scan the papers each morning and look out for cheap deals and good sales. Khandelwal says it's best to go for the basic essentials for each room. "You must know what you require in your kitchen. You could also get a carpenter to make furniture for you based on your specifications and design."

You could also spread the word amongst your circle of friends and colleagues to keep you posted on trendy stuff. If you know people who have recently done up their homes, you could get tips from them.

Edited by sim38 - 18 years ago
By: Vickey Lalwani
   November 9, 2005

No show: Aamna Shariff
and Rajeev Khandelwal
Good friends Rajeev Khandelwal and Aamna Shariff boycotted the Hero Honda ITA Awards, held yesterday at the Bhavan's College Grounds in Andheri.

The Kashish and the former Sujal of Kahiin To Hoga were conspicuous by their absence, despite Aamna being nominated for best actress in the popular category.

Amrita nahin, Aamna

Says a close friend of Rajeev, "ITA approached Rajeev to do an item with Amrita Saluja (Roma of Time Bomb); and Aamna Shariff to do a number with Gurpreet Singh (the current Sujal).

However, Aamna told ITA she would prefer performing with Rajeev. Rajeev had even been sent a contract, but after that, ITA didn't get back to him.

At first, he didn't know who he was performing with; he simply knew that they wanted him to do something on stage. He found out that they wanted him with Amrita only three days ago, when Amrita herself told him," the friend adds.

Close to Rajeev

Why didn't Aamna want to perform with Gurpreet? Says Rajeev's friend, "It's not that she didn't want to perform with Gurpreet; she strongly felt that she would give a better performance with someone she is close to (Rajeev); the body language and comfort levels would be relatively superior.
In fact, she even questioned ITA about their concept. 'What do you want me to perform as — Kashish or Aamna? Surely, this is not a Star Parivaar Awards, where you are looking at Sujal and Kashish as a jodi.' At a certain point, Star Plus categorically told Aamna they did not want her to perform with Rajeev."

'Not well' excuse

When contacted, Aamna would only say, "I did not feel like attending." And Rajeev said, "I was not feeling well." When asked whether he would have preferred to shake a leg with Aamna, he chuckled, "Maybe next time." Anu Ranjan (president, ITA) chose to remain silent on the issue.

Rajeev Khandelwal

< name=searchDtls =http://www.dnaindia.com/SearchContents.asp?catID=search&pagenum=1 method=post>

</>

'I will not go back to Balaji'

Nuzhat Aziz
DNA
Thursday, November 10, 2005  18:57 IST

Rajeev Khandelwal, who won fans as Sujal in Balaji's 'Kahin to Hoga' and later as Varun Awasthi in 'Time Bomb' confesses that he's "looking forward to reinvent and grow." And as 'Time Bomb' is all set to wrap up by the end of the month, Rajeev says that he hasn't planned anything for the future. "I was offered  to play Varun Awasthi again in the sequel of 'Time Bomb' but I do not want to do the same thing again. So right now I am jobless," he laughs.  He adds, "I tried to experiment with 'Time Bomb' and I am glad people enjoyed my work."

Even though Rajeev is looking at Bollywood now he admits that he hasn't yet been offered the perfect role. And what would that be? "It has to be a die hard romantic one," he says passionately. Will he go back to playing Sujal in 'Kahin to Hoga' as the rumour mill goes? "Absolutely not," he confirms. "I will not go back to Balaji. I have had my share of saas bahus.  I want to do something different. I also prefer doing one serial at a time," he adds.

And what about romance? "Well, as I always said Aamna Sharif (his co-star in 'Kahin to Hoga') is a very good friend of mine, that's all," he signs off smilingly. For now the actor will leave for Matheran and take a break for a couple of months.

[email protected]

Guys did u see time bomb got three awards that was great for the following cattegories in Ita hero honda

Best videography

Best editing

Timebomb ketan mehta –best mini series

That's great

Time bomb is a great Show

Edited by sujalfan - 18 years ago

Of stuck in the mud plots and tired tales
(Posted on 12 November 2005
)

It's definitely not an easy game to keep audiences glued to the idiot box, day after day, week on week. Especially, in today's environment, where the landscape is getting more colourful with more channels, differentiated programming, newer formats and better production quality than ever before. Though on the one hand, it sounds like a win-win situation for the audiences, but, the flip side is a TRP crazy environment that serial makers can never trust and an extremely restless and rather disloyal audience.

Monday night, I was on Zee's much hyped Time Bomb after a long time. I was very disappointed to see the plot still stuck to where it was a few weeks ago. Terrorist Akaash Deep seems to be inventing novel ways of torturing the hero Rajeev Khandelwal along with his family, who have been held captive for weeks now. Beyond that, nothing much seems to be happening in the serial. Somehow, the show seems to be lacking in punch and needs to beef up its act.
All a far cry from the first few episodes, which looked very promising; there was fast paced, gripping footage along with the use of split screen technology. Then, the starcast too, looked very impressive with the likes of Rajeev Khandelwal and Akaash Deep. An international political thriller on global terror, set in an Indian environment, was something that has not been tried here before. All that initial frisson seems to have seeped away.

Edited by sujalfan - 18 years ago