Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
MEMEMEMEMEE 🤣🤣🤣🤣. jhakass topic as usual 🤣
how r yew duin buddy 😳 ?
Give ma' regards to Ananya & Mitesh as well 😃 .

Well, COPYING means chorifying ideas
🤣 . It is an ART 😆 😆 ( Duh, I dun't 🤣🤣). Yew know it takes immense talent to cut someone else's texture, paste it in your siggy & later CLAIM that it was your own idea 🤣🤣🤣.

GETTING INSPIRED means AWWWing
🤣🤣, DROOLing 🤣🤣, BLUSHING 🤣🤣. FAINTing 🤣🤣 at someone else's work. And later thinking "HAILA 😲, I also want my siggy to be LIKE THIS" 🤣🤣. And keep doing something till your siggy looks like the other person's. This is PASSIVE chorifying 🤣🤣🤣.

PS : I've seen people telling here. ""Sorry babez, i din't know how ma' siggy looked like yours. I just got inspired from ya"".
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

ISHHTYLEE 😳 .. Neither inspired nor copied. 😳 😳 😳

" ISHTYLE, is one's own way of doing something " - Baba Shak Dev

I hope i've enlightened quite a few bhatking ATMA's
🤣🤣. Edited by shaktheback - 13 years ago
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
BRAVO! The topic makes a lot of sense. Well, "COPY" means, they have "STOLE" thestyle and this should be NOT ALLOWED" nspired by" MEANS... they compliment the "style"to the original siggy maker and that we liked the style, and so are trying to get better as the original siggy maker is.
Credibilty & Justice counts. If u get inspired, u HAVE to credit the 1 u got inspired from! IF u dont think u have "copied" or havent got inpired... but sum1 insists it is his/her style, then is the question mark... either the person can say sorry i dint know 🤣 OR the DT can get involved or solve the matter themselves! 😛 🤣
Heree u go! hehehe 😃 🤣

Ohmyjerryworld thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
awsome topic   👍🏼
-Farru- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

*Reply removed*

Mod's note: Use of swearwords is not permitted on the whole of IF and will not be tolerated. If you wish to express your opinion then do it so in a more appropriate manner. 

Edit Add:

Sorry Mitesh. 😊 

Thanx for the lovely post Mimi.

Well if u see from a Siggy Maker point of View, there is a major difference between Copying and Inspiration.

Inspiration is a pure feeling which comes out from a heart. For example, if Member A sees the Gorgeous work of Member B, and desires to make something like him/her and to fulfil this desire if he/she works hard and put out his/her own creativity then this is called Inspiration. Inspiration reflects Respect, Self Determination and one's pure Hard Work which automatically People "LIKE".

Whereas Copying is Stealing or Cheating. For Example, if Member A sees the Gorgeous Work of Member B, and desires to make something like him/her and to fulfil this desire he/she sent Member B a PM asking from where he/she had downloaded Videos, Textures, Brushes and anything else and when Member B replies them like a friend, they (Member A) use them in their Work and doesnt even care to Credit Member B as well as call the Work as purely his/her creation. Copying doesnt have any sort of respect, self determination...

And about style, Style can be inspired as well as copied, It depends how you are using it. For Example, If Member A updates a "Monsoon Style", Member B sees it and creates "Spring STyle", this is inspiration, but if Member B creates "Rainy Season Style" then its totally a copied version...

I think members who are copying stuff should be warned first but if they still continue the copying and stealing process their creations should be deleted/removed if and only if the real siggy maker ask...😳

Do PM me if there are any mistakes in this post... 
Edited by -Farru- - 13 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Copy is when you make the exact style basically similar siggy to someone else's work

Inspired meaning to me that the siggy maker is too good that you try to be as good as them and they inspire you to do better with your siggies
EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
hey mimi cool post

hmm i think there is a thin line between copying and inspiration .. one which is crossed at times too often .. and hence called INSPIRATION.. which i do not support

to like the way a member may have created a sigg and try to replicate it isnt bad but it shouldn't look like a mirror image ... there should be something you should add or remove as per your own creativity ... such a version could be called inspiration ...- something which has your input in terms of the works - even if a mere 10% - it can be still labeled as originality - cos you used your brains to modify your work as per the requirements -  however not an exact copy of it cannot be called so

the use of common textures brushes and even texts cannot be included in this as i suppose most of us use deviantart the largest site for resources and hence the claim to stuff from there isnt for us to make .. but if someone even follows the style another member mentions their copyright in - i find it too lame.... even at times colorization are copied though - one style may not suit that particular sigg  - as the INSPIRATION BUG - gets overtly out of hand 😉

MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i dont have a sig shop or anything, i just view everyones creations 😃

i think if somone is inspired by anothers work and they try to do something of the same themslves then its all good (using thir on set of pics & texturs etc.) as long as they CREDIT the person they were inspired by

i make siggi's using textures & brushes from deviantart.com & i think about 99.99% of everyone here does too 😳

so if the siggi's end up looking similar due to the texture etc. it can hardly be called copying 😛

to me copying = taking the exact same pics & using them in the exact style/texture etc.
or cropping a part of someone elses work and blending it into their own to make it look different 😡
Edited by MeghaSRKLover - 13 years ago
bmtdluver thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
really neat idea

I think that inspiration is seeing someone's work and trying to use the same type of effect, but the original creator is credited. Also, it's used for something different. (i.e, person 1 using it for selena and person 2 using it for geet) Copied is just using somone's ideas and not giving them any credit, because by not giving credit, it's as if the whole style was your idea. Or, just cropping someone's work/taking out their coyright. And also taking someone else's work and just building on top of it(person 1 making a sig and person 2 adding a few brushes/pics/colorization to it and calling it his/her own work🤢) Idk if that made any sense to anyone else or not though😛
Edited by bmtdluver - 13 years ago
xXdEejAyXx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
so so so nyc of u mimi to make this topic muah!...i was actually waiting for sum place to discuss this thing!
okay so the questions are
How would you define and differentiate between 'copied work' and 'inspired work?'
okay so fir st of all cuming to the definitions!............lemme make this thing very very clear that this editing thing is quite really vast i mean that all kinda editing stuff is present on internet n u can get them damn easily.....so if u download one texture today n made a siggy out of it n was appreciated n the very next day the other person also got a siggy out of the same texture then u cant blame that poor soul for it its lyk wats available for u is actually available for others too...... n as far as editing programs r concerned they r quite limited lyk as far as i knw we have adobes in which really nyc editing can be done so my point was that there is not even a single tool or a single thing that is hidden from others
okay after this much big bhashan
inspired means liking sum other person's stuff n trying to be lyk him/her.......it is really not a negative point.....if everyone try to act gud n become srk then wats bad...😆
and as far as this term "copied" is concerned i dont think in editing world it even exists!...i mean how can sum1 copy u work! so im speechless on this one!

What is style? Can 'style' be copied or inspired by?

okay style is sumthing that is creation created by sum1 and can only be created by that creator!
never style cant be copied!.....but it kinda being inspired but still the magic dont come along with inspiration okay ill explain along with sum examples.......for example sano.....a fantabulous siggy maker.....by seing even a single siggy made by her i can say oh dats her work even if the watermark is removed y?......coz ii donno whether u ppl can feel it or not but siggies speak abt their makers!.....i mean we all knw that sano baji's speciality is outer glow she strokes the font n give it outer glow even i tried it twice or thrice but still it is like the feel dont come.......another famous example is our very own sayra aka chandni creations...i think she is a revoloutionary siggy maker.....i mean u can have a look at every other siggy n there kinda atleast one effect that is being inspired by her style.......
so my answer is that style can be inspired by but never copied!
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: xXdEejAyXx

so so so nyc of u mimi to make this topic muah!...i was actually waiting for sum place to discuss this thing!

okay so the questions are
How would you define and differentiate between 'copied work' and 'inspired work?'
okay so fir st of all cuming to the definitions!............lemme make this thing very very clear that this editing thing is quite really vast i mean that all kinda editing stuff is present on internet n u can get them damn easily.....so if u download one texture today n made a siggy out of it n was appreciated n the very next day the other person also got a siggy out of the same texture then u cant blame that poor soul for it its lyk wats available for u is actually available for others too...... n as far as editing programs r concerned they r quite limited lyk as far as i knw we have adobes in which really nyc editing can be done so my point was that there is not even a single tool or a single thing that is hidden from others
okay after this much big bhashan
inspired means liking sum other person's stuff n trying to be lyk him/her.......it is really not a negative point.....if everyone try to act gud n become srk then wats bad...😆
and as far as this term "copied" is concerned i dont think in editing world it even exists!...i mean how can sum1 copy u work! so im speechless on this one!

What is style? Can 'style' be copied or inspired by?

okay style is sumthing that is creation created by sum1 and can only be created by that creator!
never style cant be copied!.....but it kinda being inspired but still the magic dont come along with inspiration okay ill explain along with sum examples.......for example sano.....a fantabulous siggy maker.....by seing even a single siggy made by her i can say oh dats her work even if the watermark is removed y?......coz ii donno whether u ppl can feel it or not but siggies speak abt their makers!.....i mean we all knw that sano baji'sspeciality is outer glow she strokes the font n give it outer glow even i tried it twice or thrice but still it is like the feel dont come.......another famous example is our very own sayra aka chandni creations...i think she is a revoloutionary siggy maker.....i mean u can have a look at every other siggy n there kinda atleast one effect that is being inspired by her style.......
so my answer is that style can be inspired by but never copied!

are u talking abt me??😲😲😲