Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: xXdEejAyXx

ya๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜ƒ...y u shocked??

Oh yaar because you have putted my name all of so sudden and i didnt knew you got inspired of my creations๐Ÿ˜ฒ
xXdEejAyXx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
duh^^....who wouldnt get inspired by ur beautiful work !
patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nice post. : )
So..for me I think that inspired...is if you use some of the same elements. but don't duplicate the idea. For example. I could see a sig and love it and try to replicate some of the coloring styles or use the same texture, but then have other things be different.
I feel like everyone knows what copying is. If I take Ashu's sig, and make the saaaaame exact thing, with like a different picture...then its obvi copying.

Just my two cents.

Jaan
-Niky- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for putting this topic was!
It was VERY necessary!
๐Ÿ˜ณ

How would you define and differentiate between 'copied work' and 'inspired work?'
Copied in my opinion would be an ABSOLUTE copy of the orignal siggy, and that too without the mension of the person.
But Inspiration in my opinion is something, that if you like someone's style, you try to enculcate your ideas in it & then make a whole new thing out of it & also mention the name of the person with whom you were inspired. Also, you should inform that person if possible!๐Ÿ˜ณ

What is style? Can 'style' be copied or inspired by?
I think style is of every individual. It is not something that you can copy, because it is something that comes from within... from your own mind & talent. But style can definitely be inspired! But only to some extend!

Love,
Niky๐Ÿ˜Š

aish_punk thumbnail
i agree with what radz n jhanvi have said..

copying is when it looks exactly the same, but its inspired when maybe the style is the same..but i feel that when a person is inspired by someone..he should give due credit to avoid conflict..
mimi0295 thumbnail
THANK YOU EVERYONE!
I'll keep this sticky up for another week or so before the final definition (which will include everyone's input) is posted for all of you to be familiar with.
Sound like a plan?
a little faith thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Excellent post!

For me in terms of art, personality or history copying or 'plagiarism' is NOT a branch of inspiration.  They are as far apart as the West from the East. 

Inspiration is when you see something, hear words, sense a new emotion within your soul that stirs you, compels you towards a new light, a new way of thinking.  It mixes in your soul and suffuses through your being so that as you ride that wave of momentum onto your own creativity, it will carry the spirit, or rather some of the substance of spirit of the 'original' but in form it is completely different; flourishing branches, buds and blossoms in full bloom, sometimes even nourishing the roots to dig deeper too!

Plagiarism is when you see an object, hear a sound, try to reach out but fall short of understanding the essence of that origin; only knowing that 'something' wondrous is there but you can not pinpoint it.  You like it, that is all you know, but it flows off your heart, misses the pith of your mind.  You extrapolate the form but gain no substance.  A carbon copy it remains an empty vessel, desolate in a soulless crowd; twigs forsaken, forlorn and forgotten upon the ground!

Copying with credit is the acceptable midway point between the two on your journey towards sunbeams, moonlight and enlightened grow th! 

As for being able to borrow a style, to quote Francois de La Rochefoucauld, Hypocrisy is the homage that vice pays to virtue. 

Love Sabah

Edited by a little faith - 13 years ago
talkativetaurus thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
copying is making something tht wud be the EXACT copy of the original stuff. from pictures to the other materials.

inspiration means to just get inspire by the stuff, use it as a base and come out with totally different product! but ofcourse due credit remains to the original maker.
sabihaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome topic for starters.. because I have heard a lot regarding copying and so forth.

You know, I'd probably see it as a compliment if someone "copied" my work - but that being said, what is copying? I only think it could be regarded copying on a couple of points.
1. The person copying (let's call 'em mA) the original maker (mB) is probably someone who is always a)commenting on mB's shop/gallery, and/or b)using a lot of mB's siggies/avis; or at the very least c)admiring mB's work, on posts, Creation Galleries, etc.
2. mA is probably someone who's always asking questions on how to create a particular texture, or trying to make their own.. as similar as possible to mB's work.

Inspiration to me is looking at mB's work and thinking that's amazing.. I wanna be as good as them some day. (& TBH, that's how I started making siggies.. I wanted people to admire my work one day. LMAO, so self-absorbed, right?)

I really think people should only be accused of copying when the mB finds continuous evidence that mA uses their 'style'. & certainly, the mBs should NOT quit I-F because of a limited few who still haven't learnt how to make their own style. That's basically letting the mAs win, and letting them into your stride.

At the end of the day, it's really easy to accuse someone of copying... and I've seen it done heaps of times. I suppose as long as you make a mention somewhere on your post or shop that you were inspired by mB's work.. there shouldn't be such a problem.
But I also reckon there should be a limit to the amount of accusations.. if I like a type of font or texture or whatever.. I should be able to use it in my own way; and hey, take it as a compliment that someone really likes your style.

<3 sabziee.