Mano Ya Na Mano

Article :Pariwa Pranati interacts with the DEAD

Dew-drop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Pariwa Pranati interacts with the DEAD

This week in Mano Ya Na Mano-meet Jayashree Mande who has the power to speak to dead people.

There are several movies made around the dead, spirits and dead coming to life. So do you believe in sprits of the dead? Have you had an encounter with a person who has passed away and it felt so real? There are many encounters where people have spoken and interacted with these souls. Sometimes they are mean and sometimes they are nice. From a true account, an anonymous person was sleeping and she woke up because I felt a cool mist flow across her feet, she saw a person standing at the foot of her bed, it said something but she could not make out the words but it was trying to tell her something. The next day she fell and twisted her ankle so bad that she could not move it for 2 hours. And at that moment she thought the message the spirit was telling her was that she was going to hurt herself. So it was not trying to hurt her, it was trying to help her by warning me. But not all ghostly experiences are sweet.

This week Mano Ya Na Mano brings the true story of a lady (Jayashree Mande played by Pariwa Pranati) who people refuse to believe and think that she is imagining things. However one incident changes it all. Jayashree interacts with her mother-in-law who is actually in coma and her mother-in-law even gives her some belongings. Jayashrees mother-in-law passed away after the incident and she firmly believes that it was her soul who had visited her. After this incident people start believing in Jayashrees special power.

Pariwa is a popular actress who has also been a part of the earlier season of Mano Ya Na Mano besides which she has also acted in shows like Tujhko Hai Salaam Zindagi and Virrudh.

You have acted in the earlier season of Mano Ya Na Mano so what made you return to the show?

Yes I have acted in the earlier season where I played the role of a possessed woman. The role was tough but I felt very satisfied creatively after that performance. I did not think twice before accepting this offer.

What's your belief in the supernatural?

I do believe in the supernatural. I cannot even sleep alone and always need someone with me.

What was your first reaction when you heard the story of Jayashree Mande?

I freaked out after getting to know that Jayashree can see dead people. The story was exciting and made me wonder about how it would be to interact with the dead.

What's the scariest thing that you have ever heard of?

Luckily I have not had any such experience but I have heard a lot of ghost stories while shooting in Madh Island. My uncle once told me he was travelling by bus and had been chatting with another passenger after which the passenger went out of the bus for a tea break and never returned. On questioning other people about the passenger my uncle got to know that the passenger never existed.

And what's the scariest thing that's happened to you?

Once during a shoot my hairdresser toppled over something that was actually nonexistent. She then fainted and people had to carry her out of the room. Witnessing the incident was really scary.

Were there any spooky incidents on the sets?

Luckily there were no such incidents.

How did you prepare for the role?

I tried to be as natural as possible and put myself in Jayashrees situation.

Tell us about your character in Mano Ya Na Mano?

My character can see dead people. Other people don't take her seriously but there is one incident where she interacts with her mother-in-law who is actually in coma. People have to believe her because she has the things that her mother-in-law had given her as proof.

Do you watch horror shows? Do you like them?

I watch horror shows with my family because I cannot watch them alone. I prefer to watch shows that feature real life stories.

Why do you feel the audience should watch the episode Mano Ya Na Mano-When mother-in-law visits?

The episode is very interesting because it is a true story. Not everyone gets a chance to have such unique experiences.

How is Pariwa off-screen?

I am a very happy go lucky person. I do not see dead people and am not possessed (laughs). I love spending time with my family and my dog.

Watch Jayashrees story on Mano Ya Na Mano every Saturday and Sunday at 10.30 pm on STAR One.

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
Friday, August 27, 2010

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Cool so it means other actors aside from the Star Plus crowd will be on MYNM. I'll be honest the whole talking to dead spirits thing really freaks me out as I do believe its possible.
-SalShah4eva- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: pardesii

Cool so it means other actors aside from the Star Plus crowd will be on MYNM. I'll be honest the whole talking to dead spirits thing really freaks me out as I do believe its possible.

everything is possible in this world dear
nayaba thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing the article