ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Shiney Ahuja's maid now claims rape never took place

Mumbai, Sep 8 (IANS) In an anti-climax, Bollywood actor Shiney Ahuja's domestic help, who accused him of raping her, has told a court here that the rape never took place, official sources said Wednesday.

The 20-year-old victim made the statement last week before a special judge in a fast track court in Sewri where Shiney's 'in-camera' trial is currently under way.

She also claimed that she made the serious charge against Shiney allegedly because of some pressure from a woman who introduced her to the actor.

Confirming the developments, public prosecutor K.V. Dighe said the ourt has now declared the victim as a 'hostile witness', but the trial will continue.

However, in view of certain restrictions given the sensitive nature of the case, Dighe declined to go into details.

Shiney was accused of raping his domestic help at his Andheri West home June 14, 2009.

He was arrested and spent 110 days in police and judicial custody in various jails before the Bombay High Court granted him bail on surety of Rs.50,000.

Following a nationwide furore over the incident and intervention by the National Commission of Women, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan had ordered the transfer of the case from a regular court to a fast track court to ensure speedy justice for the victim.

While granting bail, Justice A.P. Deshpande had imposed stringent conditions on ordering Shiney to live in New Delhi till the trial started in Mumbai, not to influence witnesses, deposit his passport with the police, and report regularly to a nearby police station while in the capital.

The case against Shiney will continue before the fast track court and the outcome would depend on the statements of other witnesses besides the evidence gathered against him.

About the victim, legal circles say that if she was found to have lied before the court, she could be liable for perjury and face appropriate action.

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for Sep 15, 2010.

Link http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20100908/812/tnl-shiney-ahuja-s-maid-now-claims-rape.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

perfectlyflawed thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I jst this article on yahoo ..  crap ! ..Alwayz knew this tht neither Shiney nor the maid is innocent ! ..  yh rite sumone pressurized her  !😆

Everything is fixed !😆 n If Shiney thinks this will help him to bring bak his bolly career .. thn sweetie for tht u need to learn acting !😛

MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
Shiney must have forced her now to tell these lies.
princessparkle thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yeah I can sense some bribing going on here, if this story is true!
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think they both had consensual sex and thats abt it. story over. Just one thing bothered me, the other maid sangeetha who said in her statement that she had asked the maid to accompany her when she was going out but she refused very well knowing that shiney was alone in the house. Now, the maid claimed that the previous day, shiney had molested her and had come upon her, why would the maid in any circumstance want to be alone the next day.......

in my opinion, they both had consensual sex