Anyone like jane eyre...?

Arshie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum, but honestly i  love this place..

My friend forced a copy of jane eyre into my hand and even though the begining of the book was dry, the rest of it brought a lot of tears ....

I esp love that part where jane leaves rochester and the words used to describe her feelings were slendid..they were..." Gentel reader,may you never feel what i then felt! May your eyes never shed such stormy, scalding, heart-wrung tears as poured from mine. May you never appeal to Heaven in prayers so hopeless and so agonised as in that hour left my lips; for never may you, like me, dread to be the instument of evil to what you wholly love."

That part truly made me cry.

Anyone who agrees with me?
Edited by Arshie - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet_gurl93 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi, is that a really good book to read?
beacause im supposed to read books based on the Victorian era, so would you recommend it?

Maheen xx
Arshie thumbnail
sweet gurls... i would recoomend the book if u have a little patience...the starting is kinda dry but the rest of it is really worthwhile...be a little patient in the beginning and i guarantee u will not regret reading... 😃
aishwaria thumbnail
I had Jane Eyre for literature in grade 9, never liked it. However there is one dialogue that i would never forget said by Mr.Rochester to Jane
''...my transformation from indian rubber ball back to flesh'' never understood what it actually meant.

But the paragraph that you have posted is truly touching. Bronte described everything beautifully only storyline was disappointing.
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I do remember loving it the first time I'd read it. That is one of my favorite parts from the book...got really emotional whilst reading it. Can't wait till I get it again. :)
Nida_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

i was forced to continue dis book by my eldes sister ...coz to be honest the start was a bit boring but my my sister kept on saying '' naa u will love it, its not boring'' ....n true once i managed to cover few pages den there was no stopping ....don't know  how many times i read it ...but each time i felt completely dissolved n a bit sad n emotional ...felt da pain , emotions ..a superb novel written in a splendid way 👏👏...

love
nida ..

Arshie thumbnail
@aishwarya...

one of the few people who tell me that they didn't like the bokk.😉..but i agree with u the para is really beautiful.

@ nida_21

i completely agree... the begining was really dragging...but it really made me cry...
princessmithai thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I loved Jane Eyre very much its not boring at all
yes initially there is a vry gloomy ambience abt it in the story but the story is very strong n is excellent
Monika__29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I finished reading it 2 weeks ago for my English class. I disliked most of it and it took me ages to read it because I kept on falling asleep while reading it (I read in bed).

The only part I really liked is when Jane is leaving Mr. Rochester and Thornfields, because Mr. R becomes a more interesting character.

But apart from that, I couldn't stand the book😆
ragsmastlife thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Jane Eyre is a Classical book .The book is Special to me cause i won it as a prize in School in Story Telling Competion.
The Book Taught me few things like accept life as it is ,live it don't give up and u vl find a way to happiness for sure!!.