freida pinto to star opposite antonio banderas

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Freida Pinto has signed a Hollywood period film opposite Spanish actor Antonio Banderas.

Titled BLACK THIRST, the film, directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud known for ENEMY AT THE GATES and SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET, is the story of how America, in pursuit of oil, started targeting the Gulf as early as 1920.
The film that stars Tahar Rahim (of A PROPHET fame) and Mark Strong, is to be shot in Tunisia. Though Pinto who plays an Arabian princess has been paired opposite Rahim, she has lot many scenes with Banderas. The film is based on Hans R Ruesch's globally-acclaimed work South of the Heart: A Novel of Modern Arabia published in 1957. The story is set in 1929 when an affluent Arab prince falls in love with a princess but his marital bliss is short-lived as tension and duty to protect his country after oil is discovered in the Gulf befalls on him.

The film is Freida's sixth straight international film after RISE OF THE APES, IMMORTALS, MIRAL, YOU WILL MEET A TALL, DARK STRANGER and SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE.
Freida is doing surprisingly well in Hollywood. But poor Dev, he's having a tough time finding a good role and keeps getting offered stereotypical Indian roles 😔 .
Jean-Jacques Annaud is the worst director ever
Poor the kids of Sumdog Millionaire. Aren't they still living in the slums? It's so unfair...
she isnt a bollywood actress, why are we posting on her anyway?
Quite surprising to see Frieda getting such a role in hollywood. I never found anything great about her, according to me she's quite average.
Originally posted by Shreyacool

Quite surprising to see Frieda getting such a role in hollywood. I never found anything great about her, according to me she's quite average.

But everyone in west think she is extremely gorgeous and she I think she is successful in west mainly because of her latin look.In Rise of apes 3d she plays the role of mexican scientist and in Immortals 3D its greek roles