Sukirti home coming to Star

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Sukirti home coming to Star

Sukirti Khandpal is elated and excited to be playing the coveted role of Pia in STAR One's forthcoming supernatural thriller Pyaar Kii Yeh EK Kahaani. Her excitement has more to do with the look she is going to don on the show - her natural curly hair.

The actress feels that she has been through a transformation of sorts through all her roles that she had portrayed so far. After playing an illiterate village belle, she will now be seen in an uber cool avatar. She strongly feels that Pia was meant to be played by her and who are we to argue. Aren't we in a joyous mood to welcome the star back to her home galaxy - STAR.

In an exclusive interview, she talks her heart out on her previous roles and what attracted her to Pia.

How does it feel to be back on Star One?

It feels great to be back on STAR One. I have a long standing association with them as I have worked with them earlier too. I was a part of the channel as Dr. Riddhima on Dill Mill Gayye. It was a pleasant experience for me.

What prompted you to do this show and what excited you the most about Pia in Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani?

It's a nice, thoughtful and novel concept and Pia is a natural character that anyone can relate to. I am like any normal college going girl. Apart from a beautiful and unique concept, the bonus of doing the show is that I will shoot in my natural curly hair!

Pia is a very sweet and nice girl. She is an orphan but doesn't sulk and cry all the time over this. She has taken it in her stride. She has a positive approach towards life and is full of life. I am very similar to Pia and can relate to her. I too am positive in life and don't like to sulk over misfortunes.

But your hair was natural even on your previous show Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo?

Yes, Agle Janam had me in my natural hair but my hair was straight in DMG. So I get to sport my natural look on STAR One for the first time.

From a doc in DMG, village belle in Agle Janam to a modern collegian, how has the transformation been?

Siddheshwari was an illiterate village belle though she hailed from a strong and affluent family. However Pia is a very level-headed girl. She is grounded and nice. Both Siddheshwari and Pia are young but the difference is that the latter is more urban, chic and vibrant and lively towards life. She is very soft-spoken. Dr. Riddhima was somewhere in between Pia and Siddheshwari. I think she was closer to Pia. I wore short skirts in my first show Jersey Number 10, then I graduated to salwar kameez as Dr. Riddhima and later to sarees as Siddheshwari in Agle Janam and now back to skirts as Pia. I thought the next role will graduate me to wearing burkas (veil) but I have deteriorated for better.

DMG made you popular, do you still watch it? Are you in touch with the gang?

I miss all my shows that I have been a part of so far. Yes, I am in touch with Sonia Singh from the show. I miss my days from DMG and have some fond memories. I am happy that the show is doing good for the channel. I do watch it whenever time permits me.

The locking of cast took a while sometime. Do you think you are lucky that after a rigorous hunt they finalised you?

I think certain characters are meant to be portrayed by certain actors. Pia was meant for me. When I had gone for the auditions, I was informed of the list of actors who have auditioned for it already and trust me going by the numbers, I wasn't too motivated (laughs). I mean this is the last thing you would want to hear during an audition. I gave my audition, hit the right note and was on.

What do you think made them sign you on?

I really can't comment on it. Ekta ma'am is the best person to answer this question.

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani is a story of Pia and Abhay. Where the former is a simple, sweet and soft-spoken girl who doesn't sulk over the loss of her parents, Abhay is a handsome dude who harbours some supernatural powers yet to be discovered. Watch the show to catch up on this never heard or seen-before dark love story.

http://starone.in/news/751/sukirti-home-coming-to-star.aspx
love u suku....u r the best. good luck
omg she is so honest and down to earth.. love her so much!!! she is the BEST
Thanks was the first one to comment there =D
sukku is such an sweetheart
she rules